Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #1  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Cheating on IP

Ok, it's been 18 days and I want to cheat! I want to cheat so bad that I'm now posting this thread to see what might be the better cheat. Is it better to cheat with a hamburger and buns or with thai food with steamed rice???
FirstDietVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #2  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstDietVA View Post
Ok, it's been 18 days and I want to cheat! I want to cheat so bad that I'm now posting this thread to see what might be the better cheat. Is it better to cheat with a hamburger and buns or with thai food with steamed rice???
what if you don't cheat and just make your own thai food!?!? i make my own with tofu, mushrooms, bean sprouts, wf peanut spread, hot sauce, stevia and lime juice. i cook the bean sprouts down so they are like noodles. or, you could also use miracle noodles.

it's very easy not to cheat. i've been on plan for 17 weeks, and i've not cheated at all. you just have to get a bit creative. i hear that once you cheat, it's really hard to get back to/stay on plan.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Don't cheat at all....it really is a no cheat diet. YOu will be so thankful you don't...the cheat will set you out of ketosis and getting back in is difficult and requires a ton of willpower. even after 8 months if I get knocked out...I need a ton of willpower to get back in.

I am not trying to be hypocritical....I did not taste, lick, bite anything off strict protocal for the first 60 pounds....the last 12 or so...different story...but still losing.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Neither! It's better to make Big Mac in a Bowl, or peanut chicken with bean sprouts (using WF peanut butter). Make an IP pancake, or Crispy Cereal pancakes if you really want something bread-like. Or eat a restricted IP packet.

Your cravings are from your tastebuds only. Your body doesn't need the carbs from the rice or the buns.

Think of the money you've spent on your food. 3 to 5 days of that food, if you cheat, will not help you lose weight because you'll throw your body out of ketosis, and that's how long it'll take to get back into it. The best thing to do is to stay strong and committed to your lifestyle change.

Good luck!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #5  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone, that is what I needed to hear! A reminder that cheating will be such a waste of the time I've already put in!
FirstDietVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Quote:
Thanks everyone, that is what I needed to hear! A reminder that cheating will be such a waste of the time I've already put in!
I'm sure we've all needed it at some point or another! Glad it helped!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 151/138.2/130

I'm not pro cheating or anything. But you will still lose weight if you're not in ketosis. It's might not be 100% fat that you lost but you will still loose as long as calories out are more than calories in.

When I have the urge to cheat. I take a bite or two of my fav restricted
I'm not perfect either haha.
cpoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

That's what I do too (I head for the restricteds first... then you don't have to cheat).

Hang in there and stay strong!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoty View Post
I'm not pro cheating or anything. But you will still lose weight if you're not in ketosis. It's might not be 100% fat that you lost but you will still loose as long as calories out are more than calories in.

I do the same thing, often I have a few opened packets in my purse (its a huge purse) some bbq soy puffs/ chocolate soy puffs. Then when I'm feeling reallllly snackish I'll have a few off those. It kills the craving without actually doing anything to throw the diet off.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

When I get the urge to cheat, I ask myself if it's worth it--usually the answer is no. Sometimes I just need to go to the mall and walk--count fat people and decide I don't want to be one of them anymore--that urge goes away. And it's easier to count normal weight people is what I've found.
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsstubbe View Post
When I get the urge to cheat, I ask myself if it's worth it--usually the answer is no. Sometimes I just need to go to the mall and walk--count fat people and decide I don't want to be one of them anymore--that urge goes away. And it's easier to count normal weight people is what I've found.
Count the fat people! That's great! LOL! When I quit smoking and had the urge for one, I made myself wait 5-10 minutes and the urge was gone! I think I like the counting fat people even better though! Plus it gets you out of the house and doing something!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default So Not Worth it!!!

Quote:
I have cheated and have lost only .4 of a pound one week and .6 the next, so it took 2 weeks to lose just one pound! So not worth it! I was having health issues and my hormones went crazy on me but I wish I would have done something else. It set me back and now it's been over 6 weeks and I've only lost 18 pounds, which isn't bad but I could have probably lost at least 6 more if I hadn't cheated and would be much closer to my goal weight. Also, once you cheat it is very hard to get back on track. I would say NO!!!! Don't do it. IMO!!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoty View Post

So very true. I'm really not the perfect protocol person, cheated a few times in 6 weeks. Still lost weight, fat and inches but that's not normal. I think it depends on your metabolism as to how soon you return to a state of ketosis. It's not as rewarding to see a loss that isn't all fat loss for sure. And it's difficult to stop the snowball effect cheating just once may have. It's totally up to you what you decide to do. Whatever that may be, don't beat yourself up too bad for any decision you make.
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 223.2/207.8/135

Height: 5'5

I think with your last answer that you have not cheated.

I just want to tell you that I really understand you. My first 3 weeks I was thinking about cheating a lot...In my fourth week it changes and It was really easier for me to follow the protocol without cheating thoughts, maybe it will be the same for you...

Stay on track...
Stefany78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 186/174/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been on IP for seven days. I was doing so well, and then my hunger got so bad today, I had some pistachios. There are several stressful things going on in my family, but this is no excuse. I think I am not eating enough salads/lettuce & maybe not enough vegetables that are higher in fiber. I will try that this next week. All of your postings are so encouraging. It really helps to be on here.
olivebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote