Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Anyone do Jillian Michael's DVD's?

Hi,
I bought the Jillian Michael's Shred with Weights DVD the other day. I tried it last night, it's used with kettle bells. I LOVED IT! I was an AVID gym goer and spinner before my dad got really sick and i needed to be with the family and since then, I've been so lazy! I did put the gym on hold for the Summer as i prefer to be outside. This DVD is awesome, kettle bells are awesome! I broke a good sweat and was so happy just after 30 minutes!

However, i did get some not so great news yesterday, after a CAT scan on Tues, i have a hernia that's above my abdomen so it's right where i bend. So now i have to see a surgeon because it's painful when i sit I'm just hoping it doesn't interfere with my exercising (for a long time) and my walking
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yikes about your hernia! Hopefully it gets resolved soon and etc.

I bought her 30 day shred- it was not easy at all even on Level 1, heh. I just started level 3 yesterday and I'm just glad I survived, lol. This video uses 2 free hand weights/dumbbells, whatever lb you're comfortable with.

I am thinking about buying another one of her dvds but not sure which one yet. GL with your hernia issues!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I do Jillian's 30 day shred and have used it the past year and a half. I tend to do it in the winter, and when it's too nasty a day to go outside, or when I put exercise off until after its dark. Worked myself up to the 3rd level but when I do it at the moment I put myself back on level one and forgo the ab workout for the sake of the uncomfortableness of doing that with a baby growing in me.

Be careful with the hernia! You can make it worse by doing extra lifting and bending, especially with weights. I'd stick to walking until you got that figured out because making it worse could lengthen your recovery time afterwards.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Grats on your pregnancy I like the Lilypie counter, its really cute!

A friend of mine told me about the 30 day shred. If your interested in checking out a clip of what the video is like, go to youtube and put in her name there. I did the first level that way to try to see if i liked it. I havent gotten the dvd yet, but its on a lot of forums as one people use a lot.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Jillian is a beast. I tried the 30DS but didn't stick it out. I didn't even make it to level 2. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

I think I really hate exercise DVDs. I'd rather go to a gym or go run outside than be in my living room with the dog trying to lick my face or eat my hair with every downward facing dog. Lol.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #6  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I'm sorry bout the hernia. Yep Jillian is a killer. I have all of her dvds so I just alternate dvds and I have her ultimatum 2010 for the wii. Rite now this wk I've been in a funk not wantin to wrkout but I should be outta of it by Monday. I'm goin to try to wrkout today and tomorrow.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #7  
I got this

Yes, Spooky- do TRY it again!!!! If I can do Level 3, you can!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Yes, Spooky- do TRY it again!!!! If I can do Level 3, you can!
Ok, I'll do it. You're on level 3 now? Did you truly do it for 30 straight days? The first time I tried it I was SO SORE I could barely walk. It sucked. But maybe I can count it as weight training? I really need to start doing more resistance work.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #9  

I thought this kettle bell dvd might make me more tone, i also walk 3 miles afte work (when it's not raining all the time ) What exactly is the 30 day shred, i've heard alot but not sure what it consists of ?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #10  

I've got the 30 day shred and do level one a few times a week if I can't make it to the gym. A lot of my friends have had great success with it and lost weight but more importantly, they toned and lost inches. I love the intense but short workout time needed for this routine. When you're busy, this is a great workout to fit into your day. I'm going to get the shred with weights soon and over the summer will give that one a try. My gym gets too hot during the really hot summer days (their airconditioning sucks) so exercising to the shred in my basement where it will be cooler will be good.
bcgal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #11  
I got this

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Ok, I'll do it. You're on level 3 now? Did you truly do it for 30 straight days? The first time I tried it I was SO SORE I could barely walk. It sucked. But maybe I can count it as weight training? I really need to start doing more resistance work.
Ah, no I didn't do it everyday for 30 days like the video said to do- that was way too much for me at first so I built my way up slowly by doing it every other day (I just did other exercises in between like elliptical training, resistance/weight training, etc.)

Oh yea, I opened up with level 2 instead of level 1 since that was recommended by some people when I looked up info on the dvd.

You could count it as weight training- lots of resistance work in that video for sure. I like it because I feel like I got a lot done in just short time, ya know? Good luck!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #12  

Between softball, walking and this DVD i should be dropping more consistently, hopefully! Break this stand still! My gym is way too hot and with this hernia i don't want to go there anyways until after Summer.

I was thinking i could do this every morning before work and be done for the day with weights
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I hated level one. HATED. I thought level 2 and 3 were much better.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #14  

You ladies are freaking me out!!! LOL, i just got the 30 day shred, how come you didn't like it DJS? Do i need regular weights to do that DVD?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #15  
I got this

I second DJs post- for some reason it just sucks, lol. Lot of people say the same thing* online when I was checking out reviews of 30DS.

Yes, you need free hand weights/dumbbells- I use 5lbs (for now) but you could use less or more if you want.

Last edited by amandie; 05-06-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: grammar, lol.