Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 28 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 27 April 2011
Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #2  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone, I really have to focus on water today, I think I've been slacking a little, weigh in tomorrow but TOM is here with avengence so fingers crossed, have a great day all!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #3  

I woke up thsi morning totally unwell, sore throat, headache and body aches, no appetite I hope this is not hte flu =( have a great day everyone.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #4  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Good Morning IP'ers!
Just a quick question, what is this "calm" stuff I keep reading about? Does it help you have BM's? or relax you and help you sleep?
Thanks!

Day 14 for me and I feel great!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all my fellow IPer's! Another great day! Hope everyone has great WI's today and many NSV's to share or just to have. We are all doing great, keep it up and we will succeed! WE CAN DO THIS!

WI #16 for me this morning and down another -4.2#. Feeling great. I have another session with my trainer and should have my routine ready to start next week. Feeling great. I will also be starting to phase off and return to normal calorie intake and pack on some lean muscle mass.

Have a great day!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Morning!! Travel day from he'll yesterday. Obama flying into Chicago messed with the whole day. Arrived Boston and then 2 hour drive. Here is my concern did not drink enough water, did not eat lunch, and when we had dinner at 9:00 I had a drink (we were toasting) but had vodka and water. Have I totally screwed this week over?? Did wake up and have a shake and have plans to stay OP but so much going on. My grandfather is being buried with full military honors and they day is full of meeting and greeting. Thanks for all the well wishes you have no idea how much they mean to me.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #7  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Rulemom- You are doing the best you can under the circumstances. Don't feel guilty..it's life. Do what you can...then restart when you get home.

Day 4 for me-
Nice Metallic taste this morning in my mouth...ketosis??

My new powder came in last night. Oh my gosh! So much better!!! I think with these I'll be able to do this diet. My bars should be here friday, so I'll add in the restricted then.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning everyone!

Well, they say that "Misery loves company" and I seem to have caught whatever is going around too: I am feverish since last night and can't take time off work this week (deadline to meet). Tylenol is my friend. However, the ones we had at home have a sugary-tasting coating and I hope they didn't throw me out of ketosis... however, I think with a high fever, I have bigger problems than that. Anyways, I bought some uncoated ones this morning.

TOM also arrived yesterday, just to make things worse. I feel pretty and weak this time around.

...and the big "C" seems to have struck too, which is very unusual for me. I bought some Floralax this morning but my Coach was not there. Does anyone have advice for taking it? It says to take two capsules per day on the bottle but is there anything else I should know (with food, without food, take both separately or at the same time, anything else)? As someone who has suffered from chronic "D" since age 11 (it's been called food intolerances, spastic colon, IBS, nerves, etc.), laxatives scare me.

They also say "Things happen in 3's" so I should be okay now, right?

Stay strong everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Morning!! Travel day from he'll yesterday. Obama flying into Chicago messed with the whole day. Arrived Boston and then 2 hour drive. Here is my concern did not drink enough water, did not eat lunch, and when we had dinner at 9:00 I had a drink (we were toasting) but had vodka and water. Have I totally screwed this week over?? Did wake up and have a shake and have plans to stay OP but so much going on. My grandfather is being buried with full military honors and they day is full of meeting and greeting. Thanks for all the well wishes you have no idea how much they mean to me.
You are doing amazing!

I think, from my recent experience with my Father-in-law's passing, these are exceptional circumstances and you just have to make the best of it. If it means losing a week, so be it... you have bigger things to worry about right now. That said, you are really doing great and I admire you for not throwing it all to the wind for this week. Keep it up as best you can and don't beat yourself up over the things that you can't control as you would like to!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-28-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Rulemom- You are doing the best you can under the circumstances. Don't feel guilty..it's life. Do what you can...then restart when you get home.

Day 4 for me-
Nice Metallic taste this morning in my mouth...ketosis??

My new powder came in last night. Oh my gosh! So much better!!! I think with these I'll be able to do this diet. My bars should be here friday, so I'll add in the restricted then.

Hope everyone has a good day!
what powders did you get?

Last edited by crystalchuckgracie; 04-28-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
So sorry for your loss Rulemom. Hang in there and don't dwell on what you can't control, just do the best you can. You are strong and will get through this.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #11  

How do I get the cute counters everyone is using? I have no clue on how to do it!
I love coming on this site and feel like we are all in this journey together. I don't know anyone on here but feel like I can *****, complain, moan but also give support to others. Thanks friends!!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #12  
IP started 4/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
what powders did you get?
Syntrax Nectars. I got roadside lemonade and fuzzy navel. To me they both taste really good. I can barely choke down EAS rtds...they really bother me...so to have protein shakes that I actually enjoy is a great thing
Old 04-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #13  
IP started 4/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
How do I get the cute counters everyone is using? I have no clue on how to do it!
I love coming on this site and feel like we are all in this journey together. I don't know anyone on here but feel like I can *****, complain, moan but also give support to others. Thanks friends!!
You've reached time and post requirements...so click on User CP
Old 04-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Good Morning IP'ers!
Just a quick question, what is this "calm" stuff I keep reading about? Does it help you have BM's? or relax you and help you sleep?
Thanks!

Day 14 for me and I feel great!!!!
Check out calmnatural dot com. They sell it at Whole Foods and some people swear by it...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #15  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

S/C/G: 200.4/191.6/165

This is day 4 for me doing this on alternate products. I worked out at Curves last night. Feeling pretty good and cravings aren't bad, even tho it is my TOM.

Need suggestion for late night dinner - we are taking my daughter to dinner around 7 for her 21st bday. I plan to stick with salad and chicken, but since it will be late, should I still get that shake in before bed?
Closed Thread