Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Question Newbie-Seeing results and loving IP-need potassium advice

I am doing a modified version using my own protein powder along with a friend of mine. We have a friend who was fortunate enough to go through the program through a clinic, and who has had tremendous success. I am not as fortunate financially or time wise to be able to do this the "fancy" way, but I am still encouraged by my progress. I am 1.5 weeks into the program and have lost 10 lbs. and 7 inches so far. I LOVE all the fresh veggies and am always FULL! This is the first diet/eating plan/lifestyle I have been on that I have not been STARVING! I have been taking all the supplements, but am concerned that I may not be getting enough potassium or am not taking the right kind. I don't want to be achy or sluggish, but I also don't want to stop my heart! I have been taking potassium gluconate but have heard that it should be 800 mgs of bicarbonate instead?
Any advice?
jenmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #2  
emh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmarie View Post
I am doing a modified version using my own protein powder along with a friend of mine. We have a friend who was fortunate enough to go through the program through a clinic, and who has had tremendous success. I am not as fortunate financially or time wise to be able to do this the "fancy" way, but I am still encouraged by my progress. I am 1.5 weeks into the program and have lost 10 lbs. and 7 inches so far. I LOVE all the fresh veggies and am always FULL! This is the first diet/eating plan/lifestyle I have been on that I have not been STARVING! I have been taking all the supplements, but am concerned that I may not be getting enough potassium or am not taking the right kind. I don't want to be achy or sluggish, but I also don't want to stop my heart! I have been taking potassium gluconate but have heard that it should be 800 mgs of bicarbonate instead?
Any advice?
WOW are you doing great. Keep it up! The program works; if you follow it faithfully. You have come to the right site for great support from everyone.

Yes...the product that is sold by IP clinics has the following information on the bottle:
DIRECTIONSake 1 to 2 tablets a day after meals
MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Each tablet contains:
Potassium bicarbonate 800g
Calcium carbonate 200g

Good luck!!!!!!!
Elizabeth
emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You can also eat dill pickles. They have a decent amount of potassium and are almost zero calories.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it!
jenmarie is offline   Reply With Quote