Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 08:10 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Talking Happy New Year's Eve

Hellooooooooooo everyone who is here

I hope you are all having a wonderful day. Mine just started. Its 8 am here! I'll check in again later...

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:00 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default New Years Eve....oooooo

Howdy Ho!

Lori - those are some good resoultions/goals. attainable I think. Oh, and Ali - good pic!!

Hi Kimini!!

I hope all your New Year's wishes come true and that you all have the power to realize your resolutions/goals for 2003!! I like to think of them as goals - resolutions are more like quit smoking, stop watching trash TV. But WW wise they aren't resolutions, they are more like goals....so, here are mine:

2003 Goals!

1. Reach first goal of 165 lbs.
2. Improve my immune system.
3. Workout 3 times per week consistently.

These were my 2002 goals, which I mostly reached so I am pretty proud today. I didn't write anything that was totally unreachable:

1. pay off visa - done! Yeah, it took me til today, but its at zero.
2. Start working out regularly - did that, but its not as consistent as I'd like
3. find a good job - did that too.

OK - remember b/f's ex that was hounding him all the time? Not a word from her at xmas. I was sure she'd call but she didnt' . B/f figures she is P.Oed b/c he didn't call or send anything for her b-day. Wow, talk about holding grudges...hee hee! Yay! Ding Dong the witch is dead (which old witch - the wicked witch!!)

B/f and I were in bed at 7:30 last night - and no, it wasnt romantic, I was out of it by 8pm - we tried to read but fell to sleep. I was up at 3am with a nightmare but not so bad.

OH and our hamster has discovered where the 2 doors are on his cage and is trying to get out. He has chewed all the pain off the doors now. Poor Cartwright - little does he know, he is only a rodent...

We are celebrating British New Years at 5:30 at a pub we are going to - should be fun. They are serving Haggis. then at midnight our time they serve dainties and champagne and we get breakfast tomorrow morning - tickets were only $20. There is a 7piece band as well...!

Well, should get to work. Its VACANT today - I had to turn on the lights on the floor. Kinda creepy! I might duck out at 3:30 and get some groceries since we are out and the stores are closed tomorrow!

Adios Amigas!
BBL
Old 12-31-2002, 10:02 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

OH - I missed WI today - slept in a bit....so now I can't go til Thursday morning. I will try to go then. Home scale says 200# but I'll not count my chickens til I WI "for real".....hope hope!!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:25 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default New Year's

Belle - those sound like good resolutions to me! I want to have all our debt (well credit card debt at least) paid off at the end of next year. That's about $9,000. I don't think it will happen, but DF and I are looking into second jobs.

Sounds like you will have a great time tonight and tomorrow! I wish people would come out and post!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:32 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Yeah, I guess we are the only sad people working today - I found 2 others on my floor, but both are leaving at noon...I hope other lurkers come out to play!!

I realize my resolutions are all health oriented though. I usually have an eduacation goal, but I have a degree and I go to courses through work every year, so that's sort of a cop-out. I already read a lot....and I established a budget last year that I really stick to - so I don't know what else I can add.

Don't worry about your credit debt - mine was $4000 all by myself. I paid it off starting in June (but I used cash for THailand) and it took about 6 months. You can do it!! I wrote out a very strict budget so I can put big chunks of cash on it each month. Now I am doing the same with my car (though I might pay it off wiht the $ from the house- seems like the best idea really....I pay 9.65% interest on my car)

SIGH - money, its such a pain in the butt!!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:35 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Hmmm my goals for the year:

Pay off my visa balance every month (was good at that until my car went funny)

Make grocery lists and price comparisions

Keep my place tidier (I am not a neat freak... I am pretty messy actually, though I keep a neat kitchen and bathroom).

Don't let my car become my storage room

Get rid of this binge eating thing

spend less time on the internet

Work out at least 4 times a week

Learn to say no more often

Take up more activities (kickboxing and rockclimbing for now)

Start attending a WW meeting regularly

Find a kick *** job
Old 12-31-2002, 10:47 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Ali, wow girl, you are ambitious!! Some of those are in the bag though. I guess go big or go home!

What are your New Year's plans?
Old 12-31-2002, 10:59 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Belle: I am actually starting to freak because I am not applying for any organized classes next fall... I will take some french courses since I want to do my law degree part time in French so I need to improve it a bit, but I am not applying for another degree or diploma.

Lori: the cost of living where I live is so high I am debating getting 2 jobs when I finish school (like a desk job then a small part-time retail or WW leader or something).

Can I rant ladies? My roomate needs certification for his career. He failed the testing in October and cannot retake it until April, the thing is, he lost his contratc where he was working and now it looks like since he's so picky about jobs that he won't look for one until after he gets certified (it doesn't help that what he does is not a high demand profession, he won't get one in Ottawa either)... Now he'll just sit around and play video games all day and should I be annoyed by this? He doesn't go out anywhere and it means he'll be at our place 24/7 and he's kind of loud and has a habit or rearranging and reorganizing stuff when he's bored, but still won't do his dishes. He's only my roomate until June (he's getting married), he's a nice guy and I am in his wedding party and everything (I am good friends with his fiancee), but he's just not the easiest person to live with when he's gone for 8 hours a day let alone when he's there all the time. It's just with him there all the time it's hard for me and my other roomate to relax. Is it wrong for me to suggest temp work or somnething? There is a ton of temp office work going in ottawa right now. Sorry, I know there's no real solution, but I keep hinting to his fiancee (in extremely general terms) it looks better on a resume if you've been at least tying to work then doing nothing (or taking some courses or some other forms of self-improvement).

Take care!

Ali
Old 12-31-2002, 11:12 AM   #9  
Running Babe

Belle: well they're goals... The neatness and binge thing will probably be the hardest (I have every sign of female ADD and the hardest thing for women with it is keeping stuff neat and clean etc).. Most of the year I work out at least four times a day... I should be able to get an awesome job (basically one that I like that pays okay)! But it's true, better to go big I figure:P I went to a university where you walked out of your room and were invited to stuff... When I moved here I had some friends, but because I got busy with work and a boyfriend, didn't make an effort to make new friends, so that's why I want to meet more people through activities and stuff. The WW I want to go to is in the are with the University so there will be more people my age etc.
Old 12-31-2002, 11:55 AM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

I'm here! I'm not staying all day, though. I'm bored already. Hopefully I can leave by 4. Then Brian and I will drive to our friends' house in Greensboro.

Hmmm ... New Year's resolutions? Definitely to get back on track and try and lose some weight! After the wedding, I pretty much stopped paying attention. I've gained 3 or 4 pounds. Boy, does it come back on easily! I also haven't been back to the gym since we got back from our honeymoon! So ...

1. Eat more healthy. That means cooking my meals instead of eating out almost all the time. Boycott McDonalds.
2. Get to the gym!!!!
3. Get a new job.

I have a job interview Friday ... wish me luck! The place is interviewing Brian and I, which would be ideal. Then we can move, buy a house and start a family!

Happy New Year, everyone!
Old 12-31-2002, 12:16 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Kim: Wow, good luck girl! I have my dream job interview in 2 weeks, but will prepare everything next week for it! Yeah I want to buy a house too!

Bye!

Ali
Old 12-31-2002, 01:24 PM   #12  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down Happy New Year!

I have been so awful at coming here...but today I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very Happy New Year! I hope that all your dreams and goals are achieved in 2003.

Angie
Closed Thread