Old 04-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Default --->Weekly Chat April 25th-May 1st<---

Hmm... doesn't look like anyone started the weekly chat yet, so I'll get it going!

The end of the week is already looming before me... because Friday, I will weigh myself and see what I have got to re-lose. I'm feeling a mixture of fear, disappointment, and motivation too. We'll see... numbers don't lie, and I have a feeling I will be dealing with a very unpleasant truth.

In other news, just signed up to do my first ever 1/2 Marathon this fall.. AAGGHKK! So nervous. But, what a wonderful motivational tool, right?!

Hope you're all well... here's to a great week!

-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #2  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

FatPantsSkinnyJeans - If you do gain some weight back, it isn't the end of the world. Don't let it get you down. If you've lost it once, you can definitely lose it again. Also, congrats on being brave enough to sign up for that 1/2 marathon! I used to want to train for a marathon, but with all of the foot surgeries I've had and all the foot problems I still have, it's seeming more and more impossible. I am planning on getting a bike and training for the MS150 though. =D

Well, my throat is starting to feel a little bit better, but not much. My whole jaw and my ears and my throat still hurt a lot, and I still can't really eat much. I haven't seen much movement on the scale though. My guess is that I've been drinking more calories then i thought without realizing it (with the Gatorade and popsicles and everything), but I'm not even really going to worry about it until I'm fully healed. Right now the only solid food I can eat is macaroni and cheese....and obviously that's not great for you, but I'm not letting myself care about that because at least it's something that I can swallow. I've still got 8 days until I'm allowed to FINALLY start doing my Zumba DVDs that came in the mail the day before my surgery. I'm not supposed to do any strenuous physical activity for at least 2 weeks after the surgery. I wish I could be doing them right now though...I'm so excited! I guess that's a good thing, being excited about working out. That will (hopefully) help keep me on track towards my goal this time around.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/seeticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey all!

Been a lurker for quite sometime, but decided to finally have to the guts to post.

I've decided to finally make the jump to lose weight. I'm at 215 (as of this morning) now, and am taking baby step to move in the right direction.

I read the other post in this thread about friends that are jealous/not very supportive and that's really my situation, so I would love some e-friends to help me through the good, bad, and the very very ugly. haha.

thanks!

Rikki
djbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #4  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Just started today as well. Had a very bad night last night though and didnt manage to get to bed until 3am.. ick. That being said i did NOT get up and run this morning like i was supposed to! I really want to go work out after work (at 9:30pm) but i have to fit in cooking dinner as well and dont really think it is productive to cook dinner at 11pm... My schedule makes losing weight very difficult!!!!! any suggestions?
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

I really need some help staying good with my food! I was good for 3 days straight but can't find the willpower to stay within my calories. I have gained 2 pounds back and I don't want to mess up this big weightloss I've had. I really REALLY need some willpower.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

@djbutterfly - Hey and Welcome to 3FC. I started at 215 too, suddenly it wasn't just 'a few' pounds over 200 and my goals are similar to yours. (Honestly I just put 160 down because I have no idea what 160 looks like on me, and it'll be adjusted from there.) So if you need an e-friend to help keep you on track, just let me know.
InsidetheBeltway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi all, sorry I've been so quiet lately. After over 2 weeks of not binging I went a little nuts on Sunday night and ate a ton of chocolate, yogurt, oatmeal, oranges...basically everything I could find. Yesterday was tough dealing with the sugar cravings and I ate more than I intended to, but I went from 134.5 to 131.4 overnight. Seeing that makes me think it'll be possible to get below 130 maybe by the end of the week. But even if I don't, I'm going to feel awesome from running and doing frequent cardio workouts.

FPSJ Thanks for starting the thread! It sounds like you're ready to face the truth, which is a big step - if you're still in scale denial you're probably not ready to commit to losing again. Wishing you all the best.

DivineFidelity Hope your recovery goes quickly and you are able to eat solid foods again soon. It's awesome that you're excited about working out; not many people can really say that!

DJButterfly We're always supportive on here! Sorry that your friends aren't though. What's their deal?!

DTermined Schedules can make it hard but there are lots of posters on here who have lost loads and loads of weight despite working odd hours/overnights and having 5 kids etc. I'm sure you can find an hour somewhere in your day to at least get in brisk walks/short jogs - even if you have to break it up into 6 ten-minute short ones.

JLNichols It gets very, very hard for your body to adjust to lower weights. In my case it's almost like my body rebels against me the second I dip below 130, and keeping it off feels like a full time job. Hang in there!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #8  

Hello everyone
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/seeticker/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsidetheBeltway View Post
@djbutterfly - Hey and Welcome to 3FC. I started at 215 too, suddenly it wasn't just 'a few' pounds over 200 and my goals are similar to yours. (Honestly I just put 160 down because I have no idea what 160 looks like on me, and it'll be adjusted from there.) So if you need an e-friend to help keep you on track, just let me know.
thanks! it's seems like we are in the same boat. When i put down a 'goal weight' I actually had no idea and thought 150 would be killer. haha. Could always use an e-friend.

One tip I found useful is giving yourself mini treats when you reached your mini goals (i think jillian michaels might have said something like that in one of her books) so i'm trying that too.

thanks all for the support, i figure it's about time to start feeling good about myself and that's the main reason i'm finally going to put my foot down and be active about it.
djbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Divine-- Thanks for the encouragement/positive words. What's the MS150 involve?

Welcome DJButterfly!

DTerminedOne1219-- It can really be such a challenge to get the workouts in. On days when I really have no time, I try to make sure I'm walking as much as possible, and choosing to stand instead of sit when I can... and even silly stuff like carrying groceries home. Every little bit helps!

JLNichols
-- You are so amazingly consistent-- you have unbelievable willpower to have gotten this far. Keep going!!

krampus-- Yep, I'm ready to face the music. There's a tiny dress in my future, and tiny dresses do not hide belly fat. Anyway, glad you're back into your workout routine!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I'm still attempting to maintain, at 133.3 pounds last time I checked. My food has gone a little out of control, there have even been a couple of days in the past week where I just gave up on calorie counting completely - and for those that have known me a bit on here over the past 6 months or so, that is pretty unheard of for me.

I know I'm going to have to kick myself in the butt pretty hard to properly recommit and get down to the weight I want to be - it's hard because I'm fairly comfortable with where I am right now - but comfortable doesn't mean I should just let myself go, and I also feel like I'm failing a bit if I don't get to my original goal - because it was never super unattainable.

Still stressed with the new job, and to make matters worse, we aren't allowed to run ANY water at the moment - no showers, no toilet... my boyfriend's dad has rented a motel room up the road so at least we have that - but it's just for toilet and shower etc - so I'm driving up there now to have a shower and stuff and then back home to sleep. I hope the drains get fixed soon.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey all,
I am so tired tonight. Dying to go home but still have 5 hours.

FPSJ- Good luck with your weigh in, I bet it isn't as bad as you've feared. Above all, don't beat yourself up for life getting in the way, you've lost before and you will lose these quicker than last time!

Krampus - If only my body sprung back as quickly as yours does! Not that binges are ever good but to drop 3lb overnight just never happens to me.

djbutterfly- Welcome!

JLNichols - I wish I had some willpower to share, but I have none. I could really use some too, I'm not quite ready to admit my ticker needs to move in the wrong direction.

138.4 this "morning" ladies. TOM on Easter was a lovely surprise. I've been good about working out and getting my water and taking my vitamins but I can't stop the world to make up the time to sleep. 5 hours total yesterday, 3 1/2 after work and an hour and a half nap before work. For a person who sleeps 10hrs if undisturbed, that is nowhere near enough. My body hangs on to everything I give it when I don't get sleep. I am re-committing to this journey today. I will make it to 135 come **** or high water.

Another NSV to go with the tree-climbing one from Saturday: I went back to Express today to buy another pair of Editor slacks to match my suit I bought in January. I was overjoyed back then to buy the pants in sz 10, today I bought them in 6! The jacket still fits my bust, but the 10s were falling off last week. The 6s were snug but not indecently tight, and that was with bloat from TOM! I will be stylish as heck at my interview
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #13  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Divine – I can maintain and lose weight off pizza pockets so mac and cheese not so bad you can still maintain. At least you’re healing and it’s awesome to be excited to work out and try out the new Zumba DVD’s.

Djbutterfly – Welcome!

Krampus – Congrats on getting to 131! You can def get under 130 by the end of the week!

Fatpants – Good luck on your ½ marathon this fall! Totally good for motivation!

Rainbow – I hate calorie counting I don’t even bother to do it. Being comfortable is good, just continue to maintain your diet until you feel the need to drop more weight sometimes we all just need a break. I’ve apparently been on a super long one…

Fromthebox – 138 is probably because of TOM I wouldn’t worry much about it. I once went up 8 pounds because of TOM…geez and I thought I always stayed the same weight but apparently not. You can do this! You’re almost at your goal!

---
I had an interesting weekend filled with drama drama drama of course I brought it on upon myself. Went down to a wonderful 150 pounds! Oh baby! I don’t know what I weight today but yesterday morning was 150. I ate lots of pizza, ice cream and completely binged yesterday I was soo hungry and I don’t even know why I just couldn’t stop eating. I’m back on fruits and veggies again to clear my system out, I’m not really worried though. I’m down to my last 10 pounds to lose! Man the last few months I really didn’t think I’d see the last 10 pounds! I’m excited…but is it enough motivation to get me back into working out? I don’t know. I bought the Bob Harper DVD inside out method (cardio) I did 10 minutes of it and I have to say I felt it through my abs and my legs hurt the next day haha. I’m thinking of getting Jillian’s riped in 30, because I’m sick of 30 day shred and I enjoy just 20 minute workouts.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #14  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

djbutterfly - baby steps are the best thing to start with, and it's great that you decided to post. We're all here to support you, and the best way to find the support you need is to reach out and ask for it! I hope you stick around and that we get to hear a lot more from you. =D

Krapmus - Don't look back, just look forward! So maybe you made a few mistakes, but in the long run it doesn't matter. It's like I told FatPantsSkinnyJeans...if you've lost it once, you can lose it again. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure some cardio will help you get back on track.

luvia - Hello! =D

FatPantsSkinnyJeans - The MS150 is a bikeride from Houston TX to Austin TX over a weekend. It's 150 miles....thats why it's called the MS150. It's a charity ride that raises money for Multiple Sclerosis research. Each rider has to raise a minimum of I think $300 or $400 to participate, but many riders raise as much as $2,000-$6,000. It's for a good cause, and it's also great exercise. lol

rainbowstripe - It is really important to not let yourself get complacent with where you are. Thats why I got down to 180 and then never made it to my goal, and eventually gained 50 pounds back. I was comfortable with my size and I was happy with how I looked. I wasn't healthy yet, but in my head that didn't matter because I was smaller then I'd ever been. This time I'm focusing on my health and my health alone. I want to be healthy. That's what motivates me. Other then that, I hope your drains do get fixed soon. That sounds like a miserable situation not being able to shower in your own home. =/

fromthebox - congrats on the size 6 pants! I don't think I'll ever be able to fit into single digit pants. I think in 5th grade I was already in a size 10 juniors, so I can't even really imagine it. That just seems unreal to me. I've got big hips and I'll be happy when I'm looking fabulous in a size 10 though. lol

MiZTaCCen - Have you considered Zumba? I'm usually like you are...It's hard for me to get through a workout video and I get sick of them so quickly. I haven't been able to do my new Zumba DVDs yet because it's too soon after my surgery, but I'm so excited about it that I've actually sat on my bed watching them a few times...and it was SO hard not to just get up and move with them. It doesn't look like a workout, and when I was taking the Zumba classes at the gym it didn't feel like a workout. Maybe you need something more like that to keep you motivated? I've never tried any of the Jillian DVDs though, so I don't know how those are.

Well, I'm starting to feel a LITTLE bit better, but not much. It seems like this tonsillectamy pain comes and goes and so one day I'll be feeling fine and then I'll wake up the next day absolutely miserable. I've been having to hold ice packs up to my ears because they hurt so much though...that has kind of sucked. The doctor told me that the pain in my ears isn't an ear infection or anything and that it's just displaced pain from the surgery site, but that's so hard to believe when this feels like the worst ear infection I've ever had in my entire life. Oh well, there isn't much I can do about it.

Other then that, things are okay. I don't know how much weight I'm losing since basically all I can eat is macaroni and cheese and popsicles...which obviously isn't good for you...but I'm not going to let myself worry about it. It seems to me that I need to give my body what it needs to heal and not worry about dieting right now. Once I can eat normal foods again, then I'll start counting WW points and measuring out everything that I can eat. Right now I'm going to eat as much as I can while it's not hurting so that I'm not starving on the days when it hurts so bad I cant swallow anything.

Oh, let me just also say....THANK GOD classes are almost over. lol. My classes are online so it's not like I have to go anywhere for them...but I'm sick of having like 3 papers to write, two tests to take, and 3 chapters to read every week while working full time. It's exhausting. I don't think I'm going to be taking classes during the summer. I feel like I deserve a break. lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #15  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Good morning 20-somethings! I'm 130.7 this morning (down from 131.4 yesterday) despite housing a 750 calorie brick of chocolate yesterday. Calories were about 2050 for the whole day though, so I suppose it could have been worse. I felt gross when I woke up and I knew if I didn't run this morning I wouldn't have a chance to, so I went out and faced my stomachache and had an extremely crappy, labored jog with way too many walking/trying not to puke breaks. Overall though I'm glad I did it!

Nothing to do at work today so I'm researching fun things to do (and eat) when my friend from London visits me in NY in August. We are both size 4-6 and enjoy eating well and running for exercise/pleasure, but we both love to pack away like 5000 calories a day no problem while on vacation, as we did in Berlin over New Year and again in Seoul in February...oh boy.

I have recently become COMPLETELY obsessed with Star Trek: The Next Generation. My boyfriend got me into it and we are both completely sucked in. We're planning on attending a convention in costume in the fall or winter. For anyone who has seen Star Trek, you know the Enterprise uniforms don't hide a thing - another (extremely geeky) incentive to get and stay in shape!

DivineFidelity Thanks for the encouraging words! I do feel all the more capable after cardio and am increasing the frequency of my workouts. Sorry to hear your pain is still on and off - I hope it hits just "off" soon!

MiZTaCCeN WOOOO LAST TEN POUNDS! You totally have this. I am calling it now, I'm on my last ten too. Ten sounds like a manageable number but I know it will be a wild ride.

fromthebox Post pictures of that outfit! The Editor style pants are totally timeless and I bet you look like a knockout - better hope your interviewer is a man/lesbian, or else she might get overly jealous and be hypercritical!

rainbowstripe Comfortable is the most important thing - there's nothing that says taking a while to maintain happily equals "failure;" considering you've lost nearly 25 kg you have a lot to be proud of! Hope your drains clear up ASAP, that sounds like a rough and weird situation to be in.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote