Old 04-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Hanging On By A Thread

I feel like i'm starting to sway from the plan, piece of chocolate daily, drinks Sat and Sunday. I still calculate but feel like my motivation is certainly lacking. This is what ALWAYS happens to me and i get so upset. Its because i've been at a plateau for 8 weeks now and feel i wont get past so figure what's the point

I know it's the wrong attitude but it's easier to say forget it i might as well eat what i want! But then on the other hand i'm down 12 lbs. and it was hard enough to lose that and I really don't want to slip backwards.

Anyone feel like this since starting the new plan by now?
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

This is what kept happening to me. I would still track, but would go over, and started not to care. I would love to hear how others worked with this. It would always happen after I lost around 10/12 lbs.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #3  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I've been on the plan for five weeks. I track EVERYTHING good and bad. I've lost every week for five weeks, though I know I will eventually taper off and plateau. The important thing is to stick with it and see it through. You may not be losing weight, but you also aren't GAINING weight. Maintain the status quo and your body will catch up.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #4  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

My weight loss has slowed recently and it is disheartening, but no matter what is happening on the scale we all have to look at this the same way....

It's not like we can lose this weight like we're participating in a race, and when we finally cross that finish line we can relax and go back to eating how we did before.

No matter what-keep going! We have to make changes and try to live by them for the rest of our lives or we risk going right back to where we started. I know. I've lost this same weight many times over. You know what's REALLY on the other side of that finish line? It's not the answer, it's another race! One you still have to keep working at to win, it's called maintenance.

When the scale stalls it is admittedly hard to keep the right mindset, but in the grand scheme....so what? We still have to eat healthier. When we get there doesn't really matter in the end if we can't live with it permanently and end up gaining it back.

Hang in there The fat chick in my mind tells me to just give up and have a twinkie all the time too lol. I have to actively choose to ignore her, she just lives for the moment doesn't have my best interests at heart.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

I just restarted today. I started in Jan and fell off in March during a business trip to Vegas and have been off ever since. My saving grace is that I worked out faithfully so I only gained 3lbs.

I tell myself to be proud of the fact that I am active again and quit smoking since Jan. Now if I can lay off the Chardonnay - I'm golden. Good luck!
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #6  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I hear you. I have been having the most difficult time lately. Everyday I start strong, but at night I find myself craving carbs and sweets, my two trouble foods. I'm trying very hard to power through, but it's tough.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

It is very hard. I've tracked my weight off and on for 23 years (since I first joined WW in 1988). After I became lifetime I took a vacation and didn't track again until after my son was born 17 years ago. I can look back over the times since then when I was losing for 2 months or 3 or even 6 months a few times.

I was at about 180 pounds 6 weeks after my son was born and at the time it was my highest weight ever (and I felt so fat and now I feel almost thin at 180). Anyway, I lost down into the 150s 3 times over the last 17 years. Each time I hit a plateau or I got sick and quit exercising and gave up.

Each time I gained the weight back.

Looking back on it every few years or so my top weight went up by 5 pounds or so (top was 207 a few years ago).

What I see looking back on it was that at any extended plateau I would give up and regain what I had lost --- and more.

Looking back when I see the times I got to the 150s I think about how idiotic I was to let a plateau knock me off balance so that I went backwards on my weight.

I remember a few years ago when I was struggling to get below 195 thinking to myself that I wasn't truly motivated then to really lose weight. I said I wanted to do it but I wasn't really prepared to have food take a secondary place to losing weight.

So for a couple of years I just didn't try to lose weight. I don't know why it was different this time but I've been on program every week since last August (some weeks more successful than others but I've tracked every day, every week).

So far I've turned a switch in my head. Losing weight is more important to me than any meal, any snack. Today was my birthday and I ate out twice (see my thread) but put staying within my planned points ahead of anything else. I know that a year ago I couldn't have done that on my birthday and this year it was easy because I just keep asking myself what is more important -- eating X or losing weight.

I wish I could tell you what caused me to change how I look at it. But I have no clue really. I just know that every time I have ever given up when I had a plateau it didn't turn out very good for me.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I think many of us experience this feeling of wanting to give up from time to time. It's a normal part of this process because losing weight in my opinion is 80% mental, 10% diet (The food we choose to consume), and 10% physical (Exercise).

Unfortunately we can't just give food up like a drug such as Heroin because we need it to live. I know how hard it is, I've been where you are a number of times and am once again feeling like quitting would be the best option. My weight has been up and down for the past 2 months, it's frustrating. If I give up, food has won and I realize I will return to being morbidly obese and unhealthy.

Yesterday I went on a huge binge because I was stressed and overwhelmed. My kids have been home for spring break and all they have done is fight the entire time! I decided to turn to food for comfort last night and when I stepped on the scale this morning, it was back in the 160's. I'm disappointed for letting my guard down but I'm not going to give up. I'm heading to the gym and going to give my workout everything I have.

DO NOT GIVE UP! You're going to have 'Bad' days or even weeks for that matter. What matters most is if you can get right back on track! You're not alone in this fight, we're all here with you and we're NOT going to let food WIN!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #9  

Thanks gals! I did get on the scale this morning and i was down to 193 from 196 on Sunday. I've been very careful to not go over my dailies and use only half of my weeklies. Gosh i hope i lose on Sat. At least i have 3 more days

Sidenote: i had a CAT scan yesterday and had to drink the barium (2 huge gross bottles) and the whole time i'm thinking "what's in this for points?" lol!!! So i googled it and i'm not the only one wondering lol!!! I said there MUST be something in this! One person responded on a board "well your body doesn't need it so there's nothing in it"!!! I'm thinking "well my body doesn't need pizza but i know what's in it"!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pointspluspioneer; 04-27-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #10  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post
One person responded on a board "well your body doesn't need it so there's nothing in it"!!! I'm thinking "well my body doesn't need pizza but i know what's in it"!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Unflavored barium sulfate has NO nutritional content, no calories whatsoever. It is not digestible or dissolvable in the body at all, it just passes right through.

If only pizza were the same!!!
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #11  

Thank you for that, I couldn't find anything on it and just an FYI, berry and vanilla are gross and might as well be unflavored ick!! No wonder why i was up all night lol!!! Can i count it as my fluid for the day lol!!! j/k