Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #1  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Default Cheat Day Hangover??

Hi Ladies, I posted a little while ago that I wanted to try a cheat day, but that I was scared. I have eaten on-plan every day since March of 2010, but realized that there would be a few times a year that I would like to have 'bad' things like cake, french toast, etc.

Well, I picked today as my first 'Cheat Day' or 'Sugar Day' which is what I've been calling these planned cheat days. I went to an Easter brunch with my family, and I got to fulfill a year's worth of cravings in one buffet, which was convenient.

Also, on the way home, we stopped at CVS and my bf bought me a marshmallow chocolate bunny (my fave).

Anyways, I'm lying on the couch BLOATED AS HECK. I didn't even go that nuts by my standards in my formerly fat life, but I definitely consumed about a week's worth of my normal consumption of sugar in a day, along with a lot of white carbs that I normally pass on.

I know my brain and my body will be relieved to go back to my normal foods tomorrow, but do you guys ever get a cheat day hangover where the effects last longer than the day you cheated?? I'm scared I will be a zombie at work tomorrow..
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #2  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

No. Tomorrow you will be brand new!!!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #3  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Ahaha. I'm not as self-controlled as you are, so I've been "cheating" a little every day this whole time -- probably why I'm so far behind schedule on my loss -- but I usually keep sugar to manageable levels, and yes, every sugar binge is accompanied by discomfort. You'd think it would teach me, but it doesn't...

Anyway, now you can go back to your clean eating habits tomorrow without any regrets -- you won't want to turn back to unhealthy eating for another year! Awesome
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Yep.

I remember the first time I had a cheat day/holiday after eating clean for several months. Christmas. My mom's cookie party. Oh so much sugar... that I definitely wasn't used to. Oy.

I literally felt drunk driving home and had a pounding headache the next morning.

Now that I splurge more often (like once a month, but not to such an extensive degree) its not so bad, but I still try to avoid going too overboard cos of that. Ugh.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Absolutely, that's how days-long sugar binges start. Eat a lot of sugar, go to bed feeling gross, wake up feeling hung over and craving a "hair of the dog" treatment for the sugar headache.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Please post how you feel/deal tomorrow and in the coming days! I will use it as preparation for my planned excursion off-plan on May 22.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/147/135

Height: 5'2''

Haha, oh god I thought I was the only one! I'm going through the exact same thing today! I had insane amounts of sugar this morning... WAY more than I'm used to these days, and I almost felt drunk for the next few hours and have subsequently felt horrible for the rest of the day. So weird!
Jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #8  
Graceful Loser

I guess I don't really plan a cheat day, but if there's something I want to splurge on I might have it. Then I work out a little more or eat something much healthier later. I don't like completely depriving myself of foods I enjoy, but for the most part I take things as they come.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #9  
Lani Loves Lettuce!

S/C/G: 381/361/351

I tend to have a 'sugar-hangover' untill about midday the next day. I find drinking plenty of water helps.
Focused Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #10  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Yes. I do. I actually have one today from having some Easter candy. I had one yesterday too. Yes, I have had candy two days in a row now.

The only thing I know of that's get rid of these things is a good workout with plenty of water. If I don't workout, I have to wait them out. I feel so yucky. I can't wait to workout. I know what you mean about having nowhere near the amount of candy you used to eat. My body just doesn't get hit with this kind of sugar anymore. I am glad when I really eat candy that it's just a few servings and not like I used to eat candy on holidays!

Last edited by 4star; 04-25-2011 at 08:19 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 AM   #11  
is chubby

I eat something sweet every day. But it is usually just a teaspoon full of honey on my joghurt or 10gr of chocolate.
So I never really want to have a day where I eat more sugar.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #12  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Just out of curiosity..do you check your blood sugars when you feel like that? I am thinking I should, just in case. Does your Doctor have you monitor your sugars at all?

Last edited by 4star; 04-25-2011 at 08:22 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #13  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals, thanks for the replies and support!!

Last night I passed out too early to even read most of your answers- haha!

I am embarrassed to note that my tummy was so puffed out that I couldn't sleep normally (I'm a stomach sleeper), so I had to sleep on my side like a pregnant lady.

This morning when I woke up, my food-baby had shrunk in size considerably, and I'm feeling ok. Since I am doing intermittent fasting, I don't plan on eating until 1pm, but I have NO DESIRE for sugar or carbs at this point.

That being said, my hands are a little shaky but I was fine driving to work. Drinking lots of tea and water.

Thanks again for the help, and if you overindulged on Easter as well, let me know how you're feeling now!!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #14  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

My hangover is more emotional than it is physical. After yesterday’s feast of marshmallow peeps, chocolate, chips & dip, cheese, crackers, sausage, ham, potatoes, cinnamon bread, etc --- I am just, sick. I had an hour drive home and all I kept thinking about was what I put into my mouth. I would tell myself, “Hey, I didn’t eat THAT much” and then my next thought would be, “Oh, nevermind. I forgot I ate XYZ”. I’m still feeling that way a little bit this morning. Beating myself up that I let myself go above and beyond what a cheat day/meal should be. The only thing that is helping me is setting a plan for myself for the rest of the week. Work extra hard at the gym tonight & this week, plan my meals for the week, cancel my dinner plans for Thursday. I’m hoping to snap out of my food funk soon and just move on!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #15  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Glad things are looking up for you. In my experience, it has taken me at least 3 days to get back to "normal" health. That would include bowel issues, headaches, pounding heart rate and overall feeling of bloat & gross. On the 3rd day, it is usually followed by Mental issues like insane cravings and on a few occasions a total relapse. This stage usually goes on for another week. For us sugar junkies, I totally don't recommend sugar binges. IMHO, they are very hard on the body.

But for some reason, I continue to torture myself on occasion. Yesterday was no exception. 6 pounds up and feeling like ****.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 04-25-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote