Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/133

Height: 5ft 3

Default Need to indulge without food...

So I've been on my healthy eating plan for a couple of months, and one of the biggest problems I'm having is finding ways to reward or pamper myself without using food. I thought maybe some sort of beauty treatment (preferably one I can do at home) or something might be nice? What do you guys do when you want to feel pampered?

NB. I don't use anything that is tested on animals. Sorry to be a pain
Aphre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I blast cheesy "cafe" music (Putumayo World Music mix CDs are good, Brazilian bossa nova, French groups like Paris Combo) and take long baths and think about a dream vacation. My gas bill hates me, but it's much better than eating and then feeling guilty about it later.

The Body Shop claims not to test on animals though if I recall they've had some run-ins with activist groups.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #3  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

You could buy a nice face mask! Take a bath, put on a fluffy robe, and sit in front of a nice girley movie with the face mask and paint your toenails!

I also like to splurge and get professional massages, or head to the local sauna/bathhouse for some relaxation.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #4  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I like doing my nails, listening to music, reading my new favorite fitness mag Oxygen, and window shopping. They're all nice distractions.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #5  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

I like shopping, so I tend to buy things that aren't weight dependent. Perfume, new makeup, new bedding, purses, wallets, sunglasses, etc.

I was buying new shoes, thinking that my always-large feet wouldn't shrink, but with the last 15ish pounds my feet have gotten half a size smaller. Now I have 2 pairs of semi-expensive shoes that I bought as mini goal rewards but haven't worn and won't be able to wear because they're too big.
BarristerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #6  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

My fave thing to do is to head over to the Salvation Army in Chicago (they have REALLY GOOD finds there) and give myself a dollar limit. I go and find all sorts of cute accessories, clothes I don't really need, etc. It is so much fun, because it's like a treasure hunt. Also, REMEMBER TO SANITIZE what you buy, and you can get some great deals.

It's also a great form of recycling and a great cause to support.
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphre View Post
So I've been on my healthy eating plan for a couple of months, and one of the biggest problems I'm having is finding ways to reward or pamper myself without using food. I thought maybe some sort of beauty treatment (preferably one I can do at home) or something might be nice? What do you guys do when you want to feel pampered?

NB. I don't use anything that is tested on animals. Sorry to be a pain
I take a trip to my local LUSH shop. There products are AMAZING!! If you want to pamper yourself, that is the place to go! They have amazing soaps, scrubs, face treatments, etc.

ETA: I'm pretty sure nothing is tested on animals and everything is either vegitarian and many things are even vegan.

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 04-25-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

a new movie, nail polish, pedi, or shoes are all on my list 50lbs lost gets me 100$ to spend on myself, and 100lbs lost gets me a vacation with the hubby
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I second LUSH, they have amazing stuff for baths, or theres really neato things for showers that are wicked refreshing. (they make the steam smell good from your shower its super neato)

Or if you like to try out makeup urban decay is pretty good. And as mentioned some of their products are even vegan. (And their website is pretty clear at labeling the products that are so you can make informed choices).
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:12 AM   #10  

Do you have any hobbies that require supplies?

A slightly-more-expensive-than-usual yarn that caught your eye...a new essential oil or two if you're a soap-maker...a new vial of beads? And so on. Special craft supplies can be a treat, since they are not only going towards a process that you enjoy, but creating something useful/enjoyable as an end result.

Hobbies that require you to use your hands can also help you to stop munching (if that's an issue for you). I personally find that keeping my hands busy with yarn work helps to reduce my snacking, but your mileage may vary.
ArcticFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1

Buying makeup! It's my ultimate distraction from food. I actually don't wear make up on a regular basis, but I like buying make up because I'm attracted to the colors. Heh.
seina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #12  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Lately I'm rewarding myself with trying on the clothes I have and tossing out the ones that are too big! That feels really good!

Oatmeal is a nice, inexpensive mask, by the way.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #13  

I buy something super cute in the size I want to be, on sale of course.
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1

Oh, I forgot to say, natural yogurt (not the flavored ones) is a really nice for your face and hair. It makes your skin feel so much hydrated, and it helps make my hair softer despite constant dyeing.
seina is offline   Reply With Quote