South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, April 21

Early good morning from wintery Delta. It seems so unfair that we have a late Easter and winter is still hanging in. I'm hoping the "mixed precipitation", the current euphemism for snow and rain, eases off before daylight.

This morning the guys come to install my new propane stove. I hope it's in running order by tonight because otherwise there will be little warmth in the back room. The guys have a four day weekend so ... fingers crossed.

Went to town in the rain yesterday to do some boring hardware shopping. Bought myself a gerbera to cheer up the day and forgot to get groceries. Duh! I think I'm having brain farts!

Time for breakfast and another coffee. How is your day looking?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ruth,
I wish some good weather for you too. We are much south of you; and it has still been cold and dreary for us so I can only imagine what it is like up there. Today is supposed to be nice and I hope it hits you too.

Back to mini camp for my son, and back to work for me today. I'm off tomorrow, so today is a day of clean up. Various items, bills etc. If my husband gets home in time, I hope to attend church at 7:30 tonight (if he's not, I'll drag my son with me with toys etc., but I'd prefer to go without him since the service technically starts after his bedtime).

I've been all over the map this week in terms of eating, but have been on track with exercise and water. Hoping next week is better!! Have a great day everyone...
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - good gracious, hoping your stove is in. Not a good weekend (for April!) to be without heat!

MMCK - glad to hear the DS is better. I've been all over with the eating too (leftover bday goodies....uh-oh), there's always tomorrow!

Me - off to my long day of work, I have no idea what the schedule is (ignorance is bliss, right!). I'm thinking of squeezing in a quick run after the kids get on the bus but before I go to work. I did get a swim in yesterday, which I was pretty proud of....work exhausted me!

And Easter is coming! I think we're having friends over. I love planning out the menu and cooking. Two of them are vegetarians, which isn't a big deal since my meals are mostly beachy. Hmmmm...what to make?!?

Have a great day!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been up for awhile but am finally awake enough to post

Ruth - It's been miserably cold and dreary here too. I'm planting greens this weekend no matter what! Well, unless it pours all weekend. Enjoy the new stove.

Mathilda- Glad your son is feeling better again. I hope it holds this time.

Today I'm heading over the mountains. I cannot spend another day talking on the phone, need to see real people! It looks like next week may be a bit crazed but Friday is the big day in the House. After that it's quieter times for a few months. I now have a beautiful picture of waves as my screen saver just to remind me that vacation is around the corner

I'm sticking to my modified Phase 1 plan but am eating waaaaay too much. Why is it always so hard to get back on track? That should be a reminder not to get off but I'm apparently not that clever. I'm going to hit a losing streak once the pressure at work is off. I want to get my weight down a little now that I'm shorter

Hope your Thursday is a breeze. If you see spring send a little our way.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-21-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jazz just came inside all spotted white with snow! No fair!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sending warmth and sunshine up your way, Ruth. Yesterday turned out really nice, and we're supposed to have another today, and I'm happy to share.
We spent the day at home, since Audrey was running a temperature all day. I hope it's gone today, though, because the plan is to go to Great Adventure for the day. I know the girls will be very disappointed if we can't go, but I'll find something fun and interesting to do with them if that's the case.
My eating has been pretty good, except for a slice of banana bread fresh from the oven. Maggie made it herself with very little help from me, so I just had to have some. It turned out perfect and she was grinning ear-to-ear.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's pouring rain here and I'm not looking forward to getting Rudi out. I slept late so I have lots to do. The pool reopens this morning....I was hoping to ride my bike. Oh well.

Tonight is our church's night for Extended Table, where a hot meal is provided to the needy. They're having a ham dinner...I committed to potato salad, so thats on my list.

Take care!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I had to google gerbera. But unfortunately I know only all too well what brain farts are!

Matilda - Glad your son is better already.

Twynn - Your bday meal sounded yummy. I hate menu planning and cooking

Cyndi - When I had surgery in January the nurse measured me at almost an inch shorter than I thought I was. I argued a bit then when I was recovered had my husband measure me at home. I'm still saying she was wrong!

Linda - It certainly would have been easier if the boys were only 3 hours apart as they would have been with second choice school. I love banana bread. And pumpkin bread. And zucchini bread...

Debbie - Potato salad is a lot of work! No biking yet here Now that my husband is done with taxes the weather is not cooperating. Where is Spring?!

Nothing much going on here today. Might finally find the motivation to try a yoga DVD I got from the library. Haven't done yoga since before I broke my arm last spring and really should get back to it. But I guess it is only one of many things I really should do

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Didn't get to post yesterday because for some reason I couldn't reach the website at work kept getting network error but I know website was up because I got it on my cell phone. Just don't like posting from little phone.

Ruth I am with you I am ready for some warm weather, we don't have snow but it is still a bit chilly for being so late in April.

Tonight DD1 has pink soccer game and then DD1 has dance. Make it a great day everyone
Old 04-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Hello from windy Massachusetts. I just got back from my walk and all I can say is, "Brrrrr"! But it's warmer here than at home or in Delta so I guess I can't complain.

I've got lots of boring little things to get done today. My mom and I will both sleep better tonight knowing that all the odds and ends are taken care of for a while. Fergie will do some of the errands with us and will skip others. He's a really good sport when we're here. I'm very blessed.

We took my mom a Japanese restaurant last night. The food was delicious but not on plan. We'll have the leftovers for lunch today so I'm looking at another off plan day. I keep saying that I am going to get serious and loose the 7 pounds I've packed on due to stress eating the past couple of months but talking and doing are very different. There's no sign of things getting easier any time soon so I need to get my head in the game and get back on track. Gaining weight doesn't make my life any LESS stressful, that's for sure.

Enjoy your Thursday friends.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 324/261.5/155

Height: 5'2"

Twynn- my mom is having the family over for Easter, but we are just doing lunch... there will be deli meat, hopefully some kind I can eat... but other than that I am not sure what to eat.... Maybe I will volunteer to bring potato salad and see if I can pass off the cauliflower potato salad!.

It is still cold, but not as cold for some of you guys. I haven't checked the temperatures for the weekend, but we have plans to grill some turkey sausage and veggie kabobs in the park on Saturday so I hope it gets warmer. Nothing exciting going on... Hopefully, my math class will be short tonight and I can get to bed early!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #12  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good evening beach babes (if any of you are or will be around this late). Today it was our turn for rain again and it is definitely one of those dreary days. The grass is growing like crazy but is too wet to mow so we may have a jungle out there soon.

Nat, before I forget, yes Hines is still in the running and in fact received the highest score this week.
Ruth, sure hope your stove is up and working because there is nothing more cozy than a wood stove burning brightly on these dreary days. Takes the chill right out of the old bones.

Cyndi, guess I'm not the hotshot gardner that I thought I was because almost all of my little sprouts have died. I think I let them get too dry one day and that did them in. But I think I still will have enough for us if it ever gets warm enough to plant them in the garden.

Tammy, I'm not one to enjoy menu planning nor cooking so good for you to be able to not only do it and stay on plan but actually enjoy it.

Heidi, hang in there. Your plate is pretty full right now so just do the best you can.

Well, I've had a real eye opener. Day before yesterday I decided to keep track of my calories just to see where I was because I really had no idea since I've never done that. I was very surprised to find out how quickly they add up. I'm doing good but will continue for a while just to see what my average will be over time.

Well, it's late so will see you all in the morning.
Closed Thread