Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 07:03 PM   #1  
Ginny

Default 10#s at a time: Half way through the holidays and still going strong

I'm not sure I am doing this right, but hope so. We lost our thread so I think I'll start one..

Well, my DS#2 and DGS#1 left today. I was sad to see them go, as they live so far away, but will be good to almost get back to normal... having a lively 2 yr. old around 24/7 takes its toll on us grandparents.. I only wish they lived closer so we could see them more often..and they could go home in between..
His wife is in the Marines and she has been in Okinawa since July, she was suppose to be going home next month, but on Christmas Eve, Uncle Sam gave her the nice present of telling her they don't know when she will be going home.. sounds like we will be going to war.... that is scary... and hard on DS... course its better to have her over there than in the Persian Gulf,, but he wants her home... hope after this she decided to get out of the service,, its no place for a young mother to be...

So what is everyone doing for New Year's eve? I guess we are having a few people over... then having all the boys around here for supper on new Year's day... but told them each what to bring so I am not making the whole dinner.. This is the year, I start to delegate things,,, so I am not stuck doing it all.. time for me to start enjoying my parties as well as making them....

Ok. well hope to see all of you checking in soon. And hope everyone is having a super holiday.

Dahlia

Last edited by Dahlia; 12-29-2002 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:35 PM   #2  

Hi Dahlia,

I am glad to year you had such a nice Christmas. You certainly deserved one.

Spent Christmas day with my sisters, parents and nephews as DP was working It was fun. We had breakfast at Moms and then the sisters got dinner ready to go in the oven and we played games all afternoon. I had never played Junior Monopoly but was great to watch a 5 year old learning the concepts.

New Years, we are still not sure what we are doing. Friends are having a party but we may decide to have a nice quiet evening and dinner.

I have been going to the gym every few days but I fear that a few pounds may have crept on over the holiday. I am looking forward to getting back to some kind of routine.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am looking forward to the Valentines Day challenge.

Cheers,
Karie
Closed Thread