Old 04-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/258/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Question COFFEE LOVER HERE....help

I am used to drinking a lot of coffee everyday. How can I get that coffee taste without having to drink extra water?
marlana1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #2  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

I too am a fellow addict (blame it on working in a coffee shop in Seattle for years). A couple of things that might help...you can try decaf coffee - but IMHO it is a good idea to just start weaning yourself off the juice. Coffee is definitely considered an acid in the body -- part of being on IP is moving the body to a more alkaline state (pancreas supposedly works better in a a balanced to more alkaline state) and coffee isn't our friend in this quest which is why we are limited or are required to drink more water to offset the acid. For some on this site coffee can actually stall weight loss and for that reason alone you may want to try cutting back. Hope this helps!!!! Good luck
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Marlana. I really love my coffee, too, and I knew going in that I wasn't giving it up. The protocol is challenging enough, but SO worth it!

I have continued to have probably 4 or 5 cups a day throughout my 8 weeks so far. I've lost 24 lbs, which I think is pretty typical for my starting weight, and probably really good, considering my age (I'm 50).

I have completely gotten used to having my coffee with vanilla RTD instead of cream & sugar, and it's probably something I'll continue long term.

While this may not fit strict IP protocol (although I was never told it wasn't), it's working for me. I have cut down from before, especially in the evening, and I do work to get extra water in. If my weight loss really starts to stall, I'll look at cutting back more.

Don't know if this will help you, but thought I'd share it with you.

Kelly
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #4  
Candice

S/C/G: 154/140/125

I love coffee too and taking my intake down was hard the first couple days. I now have 2 cups in the morning and am good for the day. As long as you replace the coffee with water you should be okay, but I agree with CheekyWit when it comes to keeping our PH levels balanced.
candieshells is offline   Reply With Quote