Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'2"

Default HNS Snack Ideas For A Newbie??

Hello all,

My name is Susie and I just started MRC on 4/1. So far so good with 6.5lbs lost as of 4/11. I' now on MetaSlim meal plan and have a question about the suppliments. Does anyone have any ideas other than mixing with water and drinking how they can be consumed? I read a candy recipe which i tried and it flopped but i'm determined and will try again. I'd rather drink plain water and find another way to use the suppliments. I do have the Strawberry/Banana which i mixed with cottage cheese for lunch yesterday.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Wish me luck!
skuba girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #2  

meant to say...for future use when I'm not on Yellow anymore
Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #3  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Hi Susie,

Welcome to the group and congrats on your weight loss so far!

The MRC cookbook it a good place to start. Just about every recipe in there uses a supplement. You can also check out the MRC Recipes link which shows at the top of the forum. That's where I started before I had the cookbook.. but now just use the cookbook because it states the service size and which plan you can have it with.

Good luck!
~C
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #4  

I haven't gotten the cookbook (which I understand was to be with the starter pack that I didnt get either)..lol anyway...I'm going to get one.
Determined to meet my goals along with all of you!!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuba girl View Post
I haven't gotten the cookbook (which I understand was to be with the starter pack that I didnt get either)..lol anyway...I'm going to get one.
Determined to meet my goals along with all of you!!
Is that like a starter package offer? I bought the cookbook separate from the plan, I believe it's $12 but well worth it - it has about 400 recipes. There are a few that I have tried that you need to stay away from but for the most part, very good way to have variety!
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/183/155

Height: 5'7

I didn't like the HNS puddings as "puddings" so I put them in a blender and added fresh fruit. Started drinking them more as shakes and liked them much better!
mom2ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #7  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2btxgrl View Post
Is that like a starter package offer? I bought the cookbook separate from the plan, I believe it's $12 but well worth it - it has about 400 recipes. There are a few that I have tried that you need to stay away from but for the most part, very good way to have variety!
It wasn't in the starter package - but my center was out of shaker bottles so they gave us $4 off the cookbook. I'm afraid to try new things so I really haven't done anything from the cookbook yet but plan to make the chili this weekend.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #8  
Started program June 2010

Sometimes I will add a crystal light drink with one (pink lemonade with pink lemonade, cherry with wildberry passion, etc) for a better flavored drink.

I've also tried adding only enough water to mix the powder together, chill it, then eat it with a spoon. It's a sweet snack.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

There are a few under the "recipies link" at the top of the page on this forum.

1. I liked the chocolate pudding with just a few drops of water (enough to make a cookie dough consistancy) rolled in Stevia (or Splenda).

2. The concnetrates make great "snow cone" syrups just use as is poured over shaved ice.

3. Plain Knox geleitin can be used to turn any of the concentrates into jello. about 1/4 box with 4 oz hot water to desolve then add the concentrate and 4 oz cold water (or diet, sodium-free, Caffine-free pop).

4. Any of the drinks/puddings can be mixed up and frozen like popcycles.

5. If in a hurry and feeling water logged I like the grape concentrate just straight out of the package.

6. Some of the powders get a "foamy" texutre when mixed in a blender/food processer - the Wildberry and the pink lemonade are very good this way.

That's all I can think of for now, the cookbook does have some good recipies ideas and some will work as snacks, but most of them are more desiged to go with meals.

Congrats on the loss so far and welcome to the group!

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #10  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
It wasn't in the starter package - but my center was out of shaker bottles so they gave us $4 off the cookbook. I'm afraid to try new things so I really haven't done anything from the cookbook yet but plan to make the chili this weekend.
Mmmmm. The chili is my favorite! Although, I don't use the packet of sweetener--I don't think it needs it at all.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/223/155

Height: 5'5

green tea and sprit o is real good
lostcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #12  
Started March 26, 2011

I just made chocolate covered strawberries! I mixed the chocolate pudding and left it kinda thick, chilled it. Sliced strawberries and dipping them into the pudding. YUM! And I'm having this for lunch as my fruit & HNS serving
Old 06-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 236/223/155

Height: 5'5

sprite zero is good with all the HNS I freeze them like a slushy on of them taste like surbert think it was the wild berrie.
lostcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Default supplements

Scubba: They or at least mine, has a cookbook with all sorts of stuff you can do with those supplements...
Danielle60 is offline   Reply With Quote