Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 14 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 13 April 2011
Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Height: 5'5"

Question Pb2

Quote: PB2 isn't ok for phase 1. i have included the nutritional info below. BUT it will be a great source for peanut butter in phase 4!

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Trans fat < 0.01 g
Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
Sodium 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g

Thanks for posting this Laura.....I was going to this morning but you beat me to it.... When I added it to my shake the other night, I didn't even add a tsp. of it to the shake and considering the above numbers are for 2 Tbsp., less than 1 tsp. would be 1/4 g (.25) of fat, less than a gram of fat and a very small amount of sugar. That was my thinking of adding a little flavour to a shake or pudding. Would this still not be ok? Inquiring minds want to know. If it's not, I'll put it aside until later but know it will probably be a long time before it comes to Canada and at least I'll have it...

Hugs,

Mary
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #3  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, day 6 and the headaches are finally starting to go away so I'm finally feeling normal, well as normal as I usually feel. weigh in is tomorrow and I haven't sneaked a peek at the scales so wish me luck!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2155 View Post
Hi all, day 6 and the headaches are finally starting to go away so I'm finally feeling normal, well as normal as I usually feel. weigh in is tomorrow and I haven't sneaked a peek at the scales so wish me luck!
Wow day six..you're on a wonderful journey...if you allow yourself to enjoy all the small and big milestones that are going to come your way...
its been fun for me..I have 4 lbs to go and they are being stubborn but I'll get them off...Have a great weigh in...

Old 04-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Stubborn 4 lbs...Ok I have had it with these last 4 lbs...the last bit of weight has been moving to slow for me...so this week I'm going to work my butt off...
tonight is my first Hottie Body class...with a trainer...(I'm afraid but advil and hot tub waiting after..)plus I joined the gym...I'm going to finish transforming this body of mind..and make it sleek and fit...Ok maybe not so sleep but fit will work..ha ha ha ha...
If you have a bad day or a bad week..just say shasta...and get busy again..we all have them..all of us and if it were easy it wouldn't be so sweet at the end...
I wish you all the courage and the determination to kick butt this week...dig in...we can DO IT!!!!!!!

Last edited by JudoGirl; 04-14-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Another drive by....been super busy. Looks like all are doing great---for the slower losers, HANG IN THERE!!! It WILL come off eventually if you stay OP.

Noobs---don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions---lots of helpful folks around!

Oh--nd I am down another 2 pounds. Yeeeeee haaaawwwww.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
Quote: PB2 isn't ok for phase 1. i have included the nutritional info below. BUT it will be a great source for peanut butter in phase 4!

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Trans fat < 0.01 g
Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
Sodium 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g

Thanks for posting this Laura.....I was going to this morning but you beat me to it.... When I added it to my shake the other night, I didn't even add a tsp. of it to the shake and considering the above numbers are for 2 Tbsp., less than 1 tsp. would be 1/4 g (.25) of fat, less than a gram of fat and a very small amount of sugar. That was my thinking of adding a little flavour to a shake or pudding. Would this still not be ok? Inquiring minds want to know. If it's not, I'll put it aside until later but know it will probably be a long time before it comes to Canada and at least I'll have it...

Hugs,

Mary
PB2 is available in Canada! I got both types at the Low Carb Grocery. Not exactly sure where it is - somewhere in the Toronto area, but I order mine online from their website. Great service.

Holly
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Hey Mary - just saw your post about Braggs Liquid Amino Acids from yesterday. Just wanted to let you know that it's widely available here in London - but you have to look at the natural food/health stores. I love the one that comes in the spray bottle...very handy. My next test is to try it on kale chips.

Holly
Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #9  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Good luck tomorrow!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! WI 14 for me today and it was -1.0 lbs. Looks like I have finally undid everything from my last weekend full of "this and that". Still not back into ketosis according to my ketostix, but feeling fine.

Hope everyone has a great day! Git r dun!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Thursday everyone!

I feel like I am finally back on track from my cheat on the weekend too. Seriously, now I know that I really don't want to cheat again! ...well unless I am still on this on my son's birthday. For some reason, I find it really hard to imagine getting through his birthday without cheating... but I have time (as it is not until early June and a lot can happen between now and then).

I bought an IP Lemon Bar yesterday to try for the first time and OMG! I loved it! ...add that to the list of items I would like to continue buying when this is over for me. Too bad they are so expensive! ...but then, it's way better for me to invest in bars, soy puffs and ridges than real junk food! In an ideal world, I would like to keep a stash at home and a stash at work for snacks when I am in the maintenance phase (phase 4).

I also tried Fettucini Miracle Noodles (the kind that are made from some vegetable that I can't pronounce) with WF alfredo sauce last night and I didn't really like either product. I tried to eat them anyways but I couldn't. I like my alfredo sauce to be creamy and somewhat bland and this was more like salad dressing than sauce to me. With the noodles, I don't know if it was a texture issue or the smell when they came out of the bag but I just could not eat them.

I also have some of the spaghetti noodles at home (the ones that are made from soy - also from Low Carb Canada) and I am looking forward to trying those next (with IP spaghetti carbonara and sautéed mushrooms on them). I hope I like them better. Even just in the package, they look better to me than the other ones though.

Quote:
Glad you are feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! WI 14 for me today and it was -1.0 lbs. Looks like I have finally undid everything from my last weekend full of "this and that". Still not back into ketosis according to my ketostix, but feeling fine.

Hope everyone has a great day! Git r dun!
Glad that you are back on track! Keep it up!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-14-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone, my little man and I are in bed sick Does anyone know of any lozenges I can have for this throat of mine?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #13  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Thought I would say hi while I drink my morning coffee. I hope everyone feels good and has a great IP day. Be back later in the day or tonight.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Wow day six..you're on a wonderful journey...if you allow yourself to enjoy all the small and big milestones that are going to come your way...
its been fun for me..I have 4 lbs to go and they are being stubborn but I'll get them off...Have a great weigh in...

When you come on this site, you make my day. I am seeing your progresss and am so proud of you. I am hoping that in the next few months, I can be just as successful! I am having week 5 WI this afternoon. I have heard where some people have lost 40 lbs. in 5-6 weeks. I joined thinking of this allusion of granduer! In 4 weeks, I have lost close to 15 lbs. Better than nothing, but frustrating. A huge contragulations to you! You deserve the praise.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone, my little man and I are in bed sick Does anyone know of any lozenges I can have for this throat of mine?
Fisherman's Friend. They are so good. I hope both of you feel better soon!
Closed Thread