Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Unhappy Anyone 4'9'' and start at around 180lb?

If yes, where are you now? Would you mind ever letting me see a before and after/during picture? I know that's a very private thing to some people so if not I understand. I've just been wondering what someone my height and starting weight looks like done, or halfway there. I can imagine, for taller people, but for my own height...I keep coming up with a blank. Though I'm nearing the 150s, it just doesn't seem possible for me to be "thinnish." Sure I've lost weight, and my stomach looks a bit flatter, but I always picture myself as being fat, just...flatter. Sometimes it really bothers me, and I start to feel like I want to give up. I've never seen myself thin or even anything close to "chubby" even when I was a kid. So my mind can't comprehend it, or even come up with what it might look like. So yeah. I've seen other shorties on here, but...anyone 4'9''ish? Anyone at all?

I just feel alone.

Last edited by yhahmd; 04-11-2011 at 10:43 AM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #2  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhahmd View Post
If yes, where are you now? Would you mind ever letting me see a before and after/during picture? I know that's a very private thing to some people so if not I understand. I've just been wondering what someone my height and starting weight looks like done, or halfway there. I can imagine, for taller people, but for my own height...I keep coming up with a blank. Though I'm hearing the 150s, it just doesn't seem possible for me to be "thinnish." Sure I've lost weight, and my stomach looks a bit flatter, but I always picture myself as being fat, just...flatter. Sometimes it really bothers me, and I start to feel like I want to give up. I've never seen myself thin or even anything close to "chubby" even when I was a kid. So my mind can't comprehend it, or even come up with what it might look like. So yeah. I've seen other shorties on here, but...anyone 4'9''ish? Anyone at all?

I just feel alone.
I'm 5'1 and I started at a heavier weight. It's different for everyone because of where people store fat. I have a small chest but people with a bigger chest would look different at my weight.

I just wanted to say I've been there when I was psyching myself out ending up stalling my weight loss. Push through the self-doubt.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/ Try this. I loved this site because I could input height and find people at different weights.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Hi, I'm about 4 foot 11 (and a bit inches) and started at at least 170 lbs and wore a size 20. If I can figure out how to get the before picture on here I will or I'll send it in a message. I'm down 25 lbs ( just over 1/3 of the weight gone-aiming for 65-70 pounds gone) and am just starting to see and feel a big difference - people that see me everyday haven't noticed, those that only see me about once a month sure have

Last edited by Tea Granny; 04-11-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl2Day View Post
I'm 5'1 and I started at a heavier weight. It's different for everyone because of where people store fat. I have a small chest but people with a bigger chest would look different at my weight.

I just wanted to say I've been there when I was psyching myself out ending up stalling my weight loss. Push through the self-doubt.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/ Try this. I loved this site because I could input height and find people at different weights.
That site is fantastic! Though I haven't seen anyone my height or weight. Maybe I'll be the first to add one. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Granny View Post
Hi, I'm about 4 foot 11 (and a bit inches) and started at at least 170 lbs and wore a size 20. If I can figure out how to get the before picture on here I will or I'll send it in a message. I'm down 25 lbs ( just over 1/3 of the weight gone-aiming for 65-70 pounds gone) and am just starting to see and feel a big difference - people that see me everyday haven't noticed, those that only see me about once a month sure have
No rush, but that would be fantastic! I'm aiming for about 50lb. Possibly less, if I like myself at 140 (who knows, I might not. I don't remember that weight at all so I'll have to see when I get there.)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

i'm 5'0 and i started at 157 and I felt I was "chubby" ..my goal is between 110-115 and I know at that weight I just look kinda normal..not really "skinny" I'm at about 140 now and I still feel like I look very thick and kinda pregnant...so I imagine for you at 4'9 - 140 will still look kinda thick. Not fat but still kinda chubby.

My best friend is 4'10. She started at 148 and she looked chunky and I think now shes around 105 and she looks good. Not super skinny but just fit and thin.

but again..it depends where you store fat and your body shape. I've seen people at my same weight who look much better and thinner than me.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #7  

I store all mine in my stomach and ***. My *** is gigantic. Seriously lol. I have one of those hanging stomachs. It's gotten smaller and pulled up a bit after losing around 20lb.

I want to see what I look like "thick." Gosh. I think the lowest my weight ever was was 140ish in 6th or 7th grade. I hardly even remember it. I hope I can get there again soon. I guess because it's so close (I consider 25lb pretty close), I'm just kind of doubting I'll ever get there. Like maybe I'm in the twilight zone or something lol. Unfortunately I didn't ever take any pictures back then, plus I was really young, so it probably wouldn't have been very reliable anyway.

Last edited by yhahmd; 04-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhahmd View Post
I store all mine in my stomach and ***. My *** is gigantic. Seriously lol. I have one of those hanging stomachs. It's gotten smaller and pulled up a bit after losing around 20lb.
That's exactly how I am. For as long as I can remember now I've look pregnant. I hate it. Even when I was skinny..my stomach was big.
People joke about my butt and how big it is..and act like its a good thing..but I hate it too. I wish it was smaller and tighter but I know both of those things are up to me and to work out more...but its hard to find the motivation all the time. Unfortunately, its easier to be depressed about something than to do something about it...but I'm trying, slowly.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeluv View Post
That's exactly how I am. For as long as I can remember now I've look pregnant. I hate it. Even when I was skinny..my stomach was big.
People joke about my butt and how big it is..and act like its a good thing..but I hate it too. I wish it was smaller and tighter but I know both of those things are up to me and to work out more...but its hard to find the motivation all the time. Unfortunately, its easier to be depressed about something than to do something about it...but I'm trying, slowly.
My butt really isn't even a butt, I honestly don't even know. There's like this giant ...shelf. You know what I'm talking about, right? It's not as bad as some peoples, and it's hardly even noticable, but I have a hard time believing what's there is part of my buttocks LOL. It doesn't bother me THAT much...but the stomach thing, yeah, that's got to go. I don't even care if I still have a little pooch, but this is ridic.

Same, though. I'm taking care of it now, so I don't have to deal with this, and possibly worse, later in life.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Ditto on the mybodygallery.com. Awesome site!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote