Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 4/11 - 4/17

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-17-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I writing this sitting on the edge of my hospital bed where I have been since yesterday evening. I had a lot of the symptoms of a heart attack and went to the hospital as a precaution and they have kept me for testing. My EKG and Blood Enzymes do not show any evidence of heart problem, but due to my symptoms Chest pain, left shoulder and arm pain, extreme fatigue, dizzy and heavy sweating the cardiologist is doing a Cardiac catheterization tommorow morning. I was told barring complications that I would be here until Tuesday.

The good news is that I have stayed on my eating plan with the hospital meals. 1067 calories today if I can stay on plan here I should be able to do it anywhere

No exercise is allowed but I am allowed to get up and go to the bathroom on my own

Thinking about you all

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #3  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh Larry! Feel better soon! So glad you're taking the appropriate precautions! Smuggle out a lime jello for me, LOL
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #4  
Melissa

Larry, I'm sorry you are in the hospital, but glad you knew to get in and get checked out. WIshing you all the best.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Larry Sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. Glad to hear that you are safe and in good hands since you are having some cardiac symptoms. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Larry, that's too bad, but good for you to get looked after. Glad you have bathroom privileges. Way to go with staying on plan.

Diana3271: Yup, 42 miles. It took me 2 1/2 hours. I have a Garmin Forerunner watch that measures time, speed, distance, heartrate, blah, blah, blah, while I bike. I'm training to ride a 100 mile event this summer, so I have to start building the distance up now.

So, I ate too much today. And I blew it on popcorn of all things! At least I caught it and stopped eating at 6 pm. I have to keep drinking lots of water to get rid of the sodium. Oh, well, tomorrow's a new day.
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Larry I hope you feel better soon! glad the results are looking to the positive side of things! Prayers your way feel better!!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #8  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Larry!!! I'm thinking about you too, my friend! Feel better soon!!!

Amazing weekend here! Stayed on plan all weekend long despite life throwing many curve balls at me. Victory! Weighed in at 198 on the dot today. Hoping to see a 7 tomorrow. I feel that I am honing in on that 196!

Hockey game was great last night! We lost but we had so much fun!! Can't wait til next season!

Lucked out and it was beautiful today! Got to the grocery store, got all the laundry done (not put away though. LOL), I decided to rake the backyard today too. So I was out there for about an hour doing that.

Thank you for the kind words about Layla. I am very happy to report that she will be a permanent member of my family. She and Buddy are SO happy, it's almost disgusting. LOL They love each other so much, it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen!

Can't wait to get back to work tomorrow so I can RELAX!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Now Larry, don't you go havin' a heart attack! We can't do without your inspiration around here, ya know! As everyone has said, hope you're feeling better soon! Sayin' prayers for ya, man!

Not been a GREAT day here.....kinda splurged at the party, not on cake (only had one bite), but on, of all things, nuts! I also had half of a fun size snicker and one of the really small hershey bars (the REALLY small ones....) and some crackers and dip. For lunch I ate a grilled chicken wrap and for supper I had a turkey sandwich. I'm gonna go attempt to get a close count on my calories here in a minute. I'm sure I'm over, but could've been MUCH, MUCH worse. I saw 205.8 today, after eating all that....so I may show a loss for the week. I saw a new low this morning.....204.4.....but it was first thing this morning so I don't count it. I may never get to onederland if I keep up at my current pace. lol Although I think things are FINALLY about to calm down a little for us. Hopefully I can get back to seriously trying to get this weight off. At my DD's party today, I had lots of literal gasps about my weight loss. I was sooooooo happy! People are really starting to comment on it.....I only had to lose 30 lbs to get here. Amazing!

Okay, I'm off to put my kiddos in bed. Have a GREAT night everyone!!

Edit: I think I came in around 1500 calories today. UGH. That's awful for me! But it is what it is. And yesterday was a GREAT day for me.....so maybe it'll average out. Tomorrow will be a better day!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 04-10-2011 at 10:38 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #10  
Melissa

Tomorrow, Monday is my blood draw. It's the 3 month check up on my blood sugars. As well as a check on my thyroid. So to add to my measly 3 miles on the bike today, I did 20 minutes of upper body strength training. Anything to try to get my veins to pop up on my arms for an easy draw. Last time it took 5 pokes and lots of digging to find the vein. Honestly, I don't know how I'll react if my blood sugars are still out of whack. I have been so unbelievably good.

Ironically, I decided to eat a banana today. They looked so good. And for the first time in 3 months, I felt my blood sugar drop too low from the carb snack. Now why, the day before I have to take this test did I decide to eat a carb snack = even though it was a banana? They are testing my fasting blood sugar as well as the 3 month reading. Fingers crossed for me that I am controlling things without needing to deal with meds.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Larry - You're in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Diana - I'll try to post comparison pics tomorrow. Congrats on the new low!

My goal this week is to reach 138! An obviously to stay on plan.

Let's have a great week everyone!!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #12  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

PERSONALS
Larry: Praying for u! After your cath, be sure they tell u what ur Ejection Fraction (EF) is. This # will be n a % and measures heart volume output! It's a good thing to have in the back of ur mind--kinda like knowing what ur cholesterol level is. Hopefully, it is > 40% and no signs of heart failure!!

Vix: I am so glad for ur new addition!! I really want another, but 2 n the house is quite plenty!! Not to mention daily park adventures! This little lab sometimes has my head It's like trying to keep up with a 2 yr old child!

Roadbiker: Ur such an inspiration 2 me! WTG!!

Diana, Brooklyn, Andejean, Berry:

As for myself, work was good last nite, lots of walking--as there is NEVER a dull or slow moment with heart failure patients. I took soup for supper, which wasn't NEARLY enough with TOM's cRAVEN bird!! So, after work, I phoned my DH and we had breakfast--at ((wait for it))

Cracker Barrel

Hey, when I blow it, I go all the way!!! Pecan Pancakes!!!

So, I entered all of my terrible food choices in MFP, and went to bed! When I woke up, I felt HORRIBLE for my poor choice! I got out of bed, pulled myself together, got dressed, and ran!!!! I did interval run/walk 3:2 for 3 miles, then walked for another mile. My Garmin said I burned 380 calories!!
So, it's spinach and water for dinner!!!
Actually, I have 524 calories left for the day and I WILL MAKE A GOOD CHOICE!!!

Since I swapped with a colleague to Wednesday night, I will make Friday my weigh in day. TOM and his bird will be gone, and after 4 weeks off phen plus exercise, I am PRAYING for a loss!!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

really quick check in, promse to catch up tomorrow.

Larry, omg, hope your cath turns out to gve you some good news!

so sore, tred etc.

leveled the ground under the pool, put the plants n the greenhouse, moved the pool back, and cleaned t agan. we also moved a lttle mulch today. 'm hopng to be able to go to bed now, but dd just eat a grlled chcken
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Hi everyone

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Brooklynn: Hi, and congratulations on onederland!
Vixsin: Wow, did you ever have a full day! Congratulations on staying on plan through the weekend. Weekends are such a special challenge, aren’t they? BTW, Is Layla a new dog?
DianaLA: That’s so wonderful, that other people gasped over your weight loss. You’ve lost 30 pounds – of course you can get to onederland!
Berry: Hope you get good results from your bloodwork. You’ve been doing so much for your health. BTW, a 55 pound bike? With a kid on the back? That would be like moving a train with pedal power! You go, girl!
K9: Thanks! I’m so glad to hear how you pulled a good day off, even after the Cracker Barrel splurge. Way to go!
Jendiet: Sounds like you had a busy day. Maybe that nesting instinct is kicking in? Hope you got some rest later.

-----------------------

So, time for me to get back on track. I worked out a lot on the weekend, but I also ate too much. I don't even know what I ate Saturday, and Sunday I ate about 2100 calories. The scale said 139.8, which is not a new low, but I'm still happy with it, especially considering the off-plan eating.

I've got a busy day today: laundry, grocery shopping, yard work if the rain holds off, and an online course that started Friday, and I haven't even looked at! With all this stuff to do, it should be easier to stay on plan.

Hope everyone has a great, on-plan week.

P.S: thanks, Diana3271, for all your work in keeping this thread going. I just love it!
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning! I hope you have a fantastic week.

*Still keeping Larry in our thoughts and prayers*

I weighed in at 150 this morning! My Dr. wanted to see if I will "naturally" drop to 145. Now that I have hit 150 we will wait and see what "naturally" happens.