Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #1  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Odd question..loose or snug?

This is an odd question but....
when you have lost enough weight that your clothes
are loose fitting but you can "squeeze" into the next
size down, which do you prefer to wear? Some days
I like to wear loose ones to remind me of how far I have
come and other days I prefer snug, to remind me of
how much farther I need to go.....
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I wear the loose ones because they're comfy lol and they're all I have that aren't 4-6 sizes smaller (man I've gained so much in the past 4 years).
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I wear the lose ones because if I wear the tight ones my hanging skin which has collected at the bottom of my stomach looks very visable to me besides loser clothes are comfier and easier to move around in. I usually only switch pants sizes when the ones I'm wearing keep falling down to the point that it irritates me. That's how I went from a 20 to a 16 and skipped 18 entirely.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have a tendency to wear my pants for so long the next size I get is two sizes down. So I go for snug because by the time I go for the proper size, the size ups are no longer comfortable. I don't like droopy drawers any more than I like too-tight.

Last edited by Eliana; 04-10-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I think in the past I've switched pretty early on. I get excited! I'm not there yet, but this time I'll probably end up in baggy clothes for a while. I started a new job in the fall (at about my current weight, actually) and got a bunch of new clothes then. I don't really have work clothes in the next size down, and I'm not in a hurry to rush out and buy them. niafabo - I might even try your trick if I can get away with it.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I have a tendency to wear my pants for so long the next size I get is two sizes down. So I go for snug because by the time I go for the proper size, the size ups are no longer comfortable. I don't like droopy drawers any more than I like too-tight.
This is exactly me too! I will not wear anything too snug where the seams of the pants are simulating a grammar school wedgie but I am more uncomfortable with droopy drawers than tighter one's. And larger pants makes me look heavier. I didn't work this hard to let my clothes add 10 pounds!

Right now I am stuck between sizes so I have no choice but to go a little baggy right now. It's still belt workable though!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Clothes that are too snug just make you look like you need to go on a diet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I prefer looser because tighter makes me really self-conscious of my bulges - so I feel horrible and it's pretty uncomfortable, too!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #9  

I'm between sizes right now. I will wear the snug ones IF they are just a bit snug and are not physically uncomfortable or don't look ridiculous. But if they look like the zipper is about to pop and are uncomfortable to sit in, no, I'll stay in the loose size.

I have very lumpy hips (I gain weight weirdly around my hips) and the snug size seems to pull that in a smooth it out. Plus I think it look really sloppy to have pants loose enough to get that droopy butt material or that front material hanging going on. That's how I know I need to get the next size down, the front of my pants gets that baggy area in the front and back.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

For tops, I tend to go for the more snug fit. I usually wear layers so wearing a snug tank top on the bottom layer helps keep my lumps and bumps looking a bit smoother, but then I can see wearing my smaller tops that I have made a lot of progress. When I wear really baggy t-shirts, I feel like I look the same. But I have a waist now! I definitely want to see it.
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #11  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I do enjoy wearing clothes that used to be tight and are now loose, and I've been wearing the loose ones until very recently when it hit me that I look SO much better in clothes that fit.

I was still wearing my 24W pants from Old Navy, and I was kind of bummed out that I can still wear my old jeans and look more or less the same, but then I tried on a pair of 20Rs (about 2.5 sizes down from 24W) in the store, and they fit and made me look so much thinner than the big ones.

The same goes for my sweaters. The XXLs and 2X make me look round and shapeless, but when I wear 1X and XL, I almost have something that looks like a waist.

Now I'm making a conscious effort not to go out in baggy clothes, so if it's a choice between something loose and something a little tight, I'll go with the tight.

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 04-10-2011 at 03:35 PM.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I have a pretty strict rule about wearing clothes that fit: not tight-tight, but fit. It's too easy to get complacent in baggy clothes. Teachers have this happen all the time: you spend all summer in elastic waist pants and think you've maybe gained 5 lbs, and when you finally put your work clothes on in August, you have to face the fact that you've put on 10 or 15.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #13  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

i hate loose jeans. i feel like they make me look so much bigger. as soon as i fit into the next size down with out muffin top, i am there to stay.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #14  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaebaka View Post
For tops, I tend to go for the more snug fit. I usually wear layers so wearing a snug tank top on the bottom layer helps keep my lumps and bumps looking a bit smoother, but then I can see wearing my smaller tops that I have made a lot of progress. When I wear really baggy t-shirts, I feel like I look the same. But I have a waist now! I definitely want to see it.
This is me exactly.

I only wear pants of any sort to exercise--most of my life is lived in skirts--but I'll wear those until they're hanging practically at my hips. I have to wear a fitted top, though, because if I wear a loose skirt with a loose shirt, no one can see my waist.

I'm an hourglass, but if I subtract my waist from the picture, I become a cylinder. A wide cylinder, in my case. And I'm short.

Basically, if I don't show my waist, I look like a Fisher-Price Little Person.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

^ I'm also one that only wears pants for exercise and such and most of the time am in skirts. I love very full, gathered skirts(that swish around as I walk) and when I wear those, a fitted top is absolutely necessary lest I look like I don't have any shape.

My favorite part of that combination(full skirts and fitted tops) is that it not only shows my shape but really emphasizes my waist, one of the favorite features I've discovered from my weight loss.

Last edited by Horo; 04-10-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote