South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat Apr. 9-10

Good Morning

I'll be right back....with coffee!

What's everybody up to this weekend? I think our plan may unfurl moment by moment. I suppose I'll ride my bike down to breakfast with mom...it's still pretty chilly though.

Cyndi, have a great time at Plum Island!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-09-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:16 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm off to find birds. See you all tonight

Happy sunny spring weekend!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Looks like a good day as the sunrise is clear and beautiful.

Lexiss, I miss riding a bike but my fake knee can't hack it.

Cyndi, enjoy PI - I know you've been looking forward to today. I thought of you when I heard the cardinal singing just now. He's trying to hurry up the sun.

There's "stuff" to do before I leave for Ottawa this morning. Donna is coming to clean and will look after the darling dogs. They adore her and I know she spends lots of cuddle time with them although she still gets the cleaning done. I leave at 10:30 so have time to pack an "en route" lunch and even soak in the tub for a bit. I am soooo looking forward to getting home around six for a Scotch and a chicken/broccoli stir-fry. Hold the soy sauce!

Good news! My friend Terri is going to take over part of my huge veggie garden this summer. Her property on the lake is gorgeous but is all rock and trees and she really wants to grow veggies. My veggie plot is 80' by 200' so I guess there's enough room! It'll be great to have company when I'm out there although I do love the early morning silences. Luckily she's not a chatterbox!

OK, Ruthie, get it together! Next week is another "overdrive" one but Sunday will be pure relaxation! I can pretend I'm retired.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I could see a bit a red where the sun was trying to come up earlier, but now it's covered by clouds. I'm hopeful that we'll see a bit of sunshine today, though. I want to do some planting and need the sun to dry out the beds.

Debbie ~ I'm letting the weekend unfold moment-by-moment, too. But I do plan to spend some time with Mom and take a nice drive out to the Amish plant nursery.

Cyndi ~ Have a good time and I hope you spot a lot of interesting birds.

Ruth ~ Have a safe and fun trip to Ottawa!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Could not sleep so have been up for a while. Working on blog maintenance which always requires finger crossing. DH started taxes yesterday so the stress has ratcheted up in our house. Prom tonight; DS ended up with himself and several friends being fixed up with girls from another school district. (Long story.) He won't get in until the wee hours of the morning and then we head to LA tomorrow to visit USC on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Debbie - hope you enjoy breakfast

Cyndi - Can't wait to see some new pics of your adventures!

Ruth - sounds like an ideal situation...she takes part, but doesn't wear your ears out!

Cottage - ohhh you reminded me - maybe my DH will till the garden up?!

I've got my running clothes on, but I'd like to wait until it creeps up into the 40s (I just hate going when everyone else is up). The dog is impatiently pacing because she recognizes the clothes!

We're having a bible study over tonight with the traditional meal of pizza. I always make something else too, although I haven't decided this time. I did make my black bean and corn salad for the school teacher appreciation, and it was a BIG HIT...the recipe is now circulating!! Hmmm...maybe I'll make that for tonight too, I barely got any!! That also means I have LOTS of cleaning to do!

Have a great day!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

The pups have been out and fed...we're enjoying a slow morning.

Linda, the Amish nursery always sounds so interesting!

Ruth, safe driving!

Twynn, how cute that Reese recognizes your jogging clothes!

Karen, ouch for taxes and computer work. I keep forgetting about my taxes-thanks for the reminder!lol
Old 04-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Moving a bit slowly today after the benefit auction last night. Of course we spent money that we didn't have on two oriental paper cuts (framed). But, it went to a good cause (our son's school) and is tax deductible. My walk should wake me up - I'll leave to go out in about an hour.

Not much on the books for today - we were supposed to go away for the weekend to my in laws, but because of the scarlet fever we cancelled. I think we'll take my son to Kohl's (they have Star Wars figurines on sale) and then just come back and hang out. Tomorrow am is church, and then I think I'll go into work for a couple of hours since I was out Thursday and Friday. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 04-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Happy Saturday!!

As usual we will be spending it at the theater. Tanner has practice this morning and a show this afternoon. In between I will just be working on cleaning and doing laundry.

My friend is supposed to meet me while Tanner at practice and we are going to go for a walk. That will be nice.

Have a great day!!

Jasmine
Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning my busy friends!

I've had a leisurely morning and it felt great since I'm still dragging a bit from my rushed week. I'm headed to a wedding shower this afternoon and then Fergie and I are heading to 'the city' to do a little shopping and have supper with our son. It should be a really nice day, with lots of visiting.

Bad timing for the shower and meal out though - my scale's been up for a week now so I'm going back to phase 1 for a few days to get back on track. I'm finding the 135 range harder to maintain than I expected but I'm hoping it will get easier in time. It's the high range of normal for my height so I'm convinced it's a good weight for me. I'm better than I was, but still overeat when I'm stressed and I've been snacking too much the past few weeks.

This will be the first time I've attempted phase 1 without artificial sweeteners, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I've got a feeling I'm going to miss my SF jello and frozen pops, but I'm sure I'll figure out something to substitute.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #11  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning busy chicks

Debbie, thanks for the coffee. Hope you had a nice bike ride.

Cyndi, hope you see lots of your favorite birds.

Ruth, that is one heck of a big garden area. You must harvest lots of vegs.

Linda, would love to go to the plant nursery with you and your mom. Hope you find just what you are looking for.

Karen, taxes, ugg! Ours are completed and I've mailed off the checks so aside from being a bit upset about having to take our minimum withdrawal from our IRA which we didn't want or need but it made us owe more taxes.......whatever.........Hope your DS has a great and safe prom night and hope you all have a good trip tomorrow.

Tammy, is your salad recipe on this website? If so, I'll look again as I must have missed it and it sounds good.

Heidi, phase one without artifical sweeteners? That should be interesting, good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

I'm taking it a bit easy today since I'm banged up a bit. When we were leaving GS3's baseball game last night, the lighting wasn't very good in that area of the park and I missed seeing the curb and went down like a rock. Now I have a pretty good sprained ankle and skinned up knee but what the heck, it could have been a whole lot worse. I won't be able to go on my morning walk for a while though. Bummer. And on top of all of that GS's team lost the game but on the bright side, he got two great hits.

We're off in a few minutes to go help our friends celebrate their 60th wedding anniversery and bless their hearts, they have planned a very casual gathering with a menu of beans, salad and bread. I'll pass on the bread and cake and should do just fine.

Hope all of you busy ones can find just a few minutes for "me" time today.

Last edited by TallandThin; 04-09-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174.9/159.7/154

Height: 6'0"

Hi all! I am new, but thought I would jump right in!

It has been snowing here all week, but the sun is trying to peek out right now.

It has been a great and clean first few days for us starting SB. Last night was hard...both kids had friends spend the night and we made them cupcakes for dessert. It was really difficult to sit here allevening with those cupcakes on the other side of the wall! And then we made waffles for breakfast! But, both dh and I were good!

Heidi, iwe are also doing P1 with no artificial sweeteners. I try to keep chemicals out of our diet, so I just don't believe in artificial sweeteners.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Back from an absolutely perfect day at the coast. We saw some good birds (first of the year and sure signs of spring!), walked for hours, had a yummy lunch at the raw food restaurant and just forgot about work and chores. Hope you all enjoyed some of your day as much as we did
Old 04-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from my meeting in Ottawa and a very short visit with my pal Shirleyanne. Donna popped in several time to look after my dogs (and get away from her whining husband! She and the dogs had a wee nap on the couch in the back room. She didn't get to any cleaning but happy dogs and Donna are more important - cleaning can wait.

Now for dinner, a glass of wine, TV and early bed. Night all!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Now for dinner, a glass of wine, TV and early bed. Night all!
That sounds a lot like my plan for the evening
Closed Thread