Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/195/110

Height: 5'4

Default This Is Where the "Support" Comes In

I joined here maybe a week ago, and lost ten pounds in the first week. I was feeling pretty good about it. But yesterday and the day before were off days, and looking back on it I guess I can see why I gained weight, but the bottom line is, I gained that entire 10 pounds back in 2 days. Double u tee eff. Yesterday I checked the scale and I was 173. Today I'm 182. This doesn't mean I'm giving up, but.. it just hurts to see my hard work be gone. I feel so demoralized. And I was so close to the 160s too.

I know now from this mistake that it's important for me to really be strict and not fall off the wagon like this while I'm trying to lose weight. Someone told me the other day, "when you're losing weight, the thing is sometimes you just have to feel hungry." Since I've been trying to eat healthier food and eat less, though, I've just been having a very low level of hunger, but constantly. It's just always there bothering me, making it harder to focus. And food is the only thing that gives me a buzz and makes me feel better, I look forward to every meal even if I'm not eating anything special. The things I look forward to throughout the day, to get me THROUGH the day, are as follows: lunch, dinner, and the point where I'm at home and I can just relax and my responsibilities are over.

How can I get this hungry feeling to go away? My stomach just feels empty all the time and it bothers me. Even if I eat, an hour later I get the feeling again. I finally believe that being slimmer, healthy, and comfortable in my body will be worth all the work it takes and giving up all the extra/sweet food, and that I can have that every ONCE in awhile when I get there. But does that mean I'll have to live out the rest of my life always being mildly hungry?
morningcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Drink something... when I have that feeling I drink a 16 ounce glass of crystal light. It comes in a bunch of fabulous flavors. Or a cup of coffee. I make it with 2 swwet n low and a splenda mocha flavoring and a dash of milk. Not very many calories but it is rich and sweet.

after you are on your diet a couple of months those uncomfoartable feelings will go away. You will stop craving things as much too...

once you start seeing results it gets so much easier to stick to you program. I started a million times before I found my stride...

Good Luck!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It depends on what you're eating and how many calories you're eating. Certain foods make you feel fuller for longer. Personally it doesn't matter what I eat, I will feel a little hungry between dinner and bed on anything under 1500 calories. 1500-1700 I will still lose slowly but I feel less hungry.

What kind of exercise are you doing? My appetite always dies off after jogging, which is why I have less trouble staying in control on days I jog.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote