Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/197/180

Height: 5'10

Default I'm SICK of it...

I know its really done of my business... but...

Things i'm SICK of..

1) Skinny people eating whatever the heck the want (and not gaining a pound). I smell Mcdonalds and i instantly gain 10 pounds (okay, kidding)

2) Skinny people thinking they are fat. And constantly complaining about it.

3) People saying they are going to start a diet and then still eating fast food, Chinese take out, etc. and then wondering why nothing is changing.

4) people judging me by what I eat. I swear (since i'm not skinny) people just can't get over the fact that I'm eating healthy foods all the time. and of course EVERYONE has to comment on it every single time.

sorry about the rant.. just a little angry.. and seeing if anyone else feels the same that I do.

What are you guys sick of? or maybe i'm the only one?? haha
Live4Summer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Hey, some of us "skinny" people were once overweight or even obese ourselves. You don't need to pick on "us" to be confident about your new lifestyle choices. #1 and #4 sort of conflict...
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

I'm sick of skinny people telling me how I should take better care of my health, even though they eat McDonald's everyday but are blessed with a fast metabolism so they are thin.
FatJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/197/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Hey, some of us "skinny" people were once overweight or even obese ourselves. You don't need to pick on "us" to be confident about your new lifestyle choices. #1 and #4 sort of conflict...
Sorry, I'm talking about the people who I know have been skinny their whole lives.
Live4Summer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #5  

And I didn't take is as her picking on anyone????
I think that it's just really frustrating sometimes and so she is ranting.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Some people are just blessed with high metabolisms (downside though is one guy I met would almost pass out suddenly when he got hungry because he burned through it all..kind of scary).

I get a bit frustrated too with people who say they're on a diet then eat all sorts of junk food and take out then complain about not losing any weight. Or the ones that insist they need the junk food then blame everyone else for bad foods.

I do get really depressed by the skinny girls who say they're fat but when I'm in a patient mood I'm able to remind myself that we've all got our own body issues...it's just frustrating when you're sitting next to a girl that literally wears a size 0 and she says she "sooooo fat, such a whale" because it makes me feel like wow...if you're a whale then I'm apparently the size of a planet

Hmm, this may sound random but I've actually had a few guy friends get after me for NOT eating because my body gets stuck in starvation mode so I can't lose weight.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I've learned that #4 doesn't get any better. Those of us who have lost the weight hear, "You can afford to eat _____" or "Are you sure you want that cake? I've heard it's pretty easy to put the weight back on." It gets worse actually, because apparently it's not quite the same faux pas to pick on thin people as it is those who need to lose the weight.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Summer13 View Post
Sorry, I'm talking about the people who I know have been skinny their whole lives.
I totally know what you mean.
My cousin (I love her to death BTW and we are really close) thinks that she needs to tell me all the things that I can do to magically make myself thinner. The reality is that she has really good genes (her Dad's) and I have our side of the family's genes (the bad ones lol). It's really frustrating when you are sooo good all week on your diet so that you can have that one piece of cake at a party, just to be told by a skinny person who just had 2 pieces that if you didn't eat stuff like that you wouldn't be "heavy".

But I also admit that what gets me even more than that, is another fat person giving me weight loss/health advice. I think that the truth is that I just feel bad about myself a lot and I feel bad that I didn't make the right choices and therefore I don't want advice from anyone.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224

Height: 5'2"

I know how you feel. My husband weighs what my GOAL weight is and he is always griping about how fat he is! I love him lots but when he does that too often I tell him to cool it or I'm gettin' out the whip! ;-)
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I get sick of people who seem to be kind of ignorant about fitness trying to give me advice. For example i'll say "i dieted this week and GAINED a pound" and they'll say "it's probably muscle." i'm like how would i gain muscle doing the EXACT SAME exercise i've always done???? You don't gain muscle by doing nothing, or doing cardio even! That always annoys me.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Things I'm sick off... (since you did what people do that your sick off I went with that)

1. People acting like I must have an eating disorder if I don't want to pig out on junk with them or if I don't want to snatch up all the free samples at the groccery store.

2. People who complain about their weight but binge drink and eat constantly.

3. People who are seriously out of shape telling me that I should just do such and such exercises to "tone things up" because my weight is fine when I obviously need to lose more fat and I exercise regularly.

4. People who are bigger than me and have had no success at ever losing weight telling me I'm dieting wrong or that I should be doing this or that because they heard it works from a friend.

5. People giving me looks of pity when they hear I'm trying to lose weight. what about trying to lose weight = pity. I'm been having success I'm not a yoyo dieter. I don't have extremely low self esteem. Keep your pitty looks to yourself!

6. People purposefully trying to sabotage my eating plan.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #12  

Yeah, my husband and I started dieting at the same time almost 6 weeks ago. We eat the same thing except he gets about 800 cal a day more than me. He has lost 24 lbs and I have lost 8 (lost 16 but today says last week 8 lb gain).
It just seems so unfair sometimes. I hate always feeling like I am in a constant battle with my own body.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Just to play devil's advocate here...i hope no one is going to judge me if i say i'm on a diet and then i'm seen eating a slice of cake or an ice cream cone or a McDonald's burger or something. If that happens, it might be because i've fallen off my plan...but it could just as well be that i was craving ice cream and i worked hard to plan and save calories for it.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #14  
~Kim~

I get where you're coming from.

It's very uncomfortable talking with my husband's friends wives when they are going on about how they have gotten, "so fat" when I'm sitting there obviously much heavier then either of them. If they need to lose 20lbs and think that makes them so fat, then I don't even want to imagine what they think about me.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

If I am in a social situation where it is obvious I am not eating everything in sight, I always say that I am trying to be careful and watching my weight. That way, if they see me with a piece of cake or whatever, there is nothing they can say.

AND, I must admit......I LOVE this website, BUT when I click onto a subject and see that the author has 20 or less points to lose, I go to the next forum. I have NO interest in helping someone who is obviously on the wrong site.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote