Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #1  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

Angry I swear the universe is plotting against me!!

Yesterday, I posted about a big giant yummy chocolate cake in the break-room at work. I made it through yesterday without giving in to the temptation of having a piece, even though it was the first day of my diet and it would have been SO easy.

Today, I was prepared. I knew there might still be some cake in there, but I figured, it would be easier to resist today. Day old cake - not so good.

But! When I walked in there this morning to put my lunch away, not only was the cake still there, but there were plates and plates of homemade goodies. Cookies and sweets of every kind under the rainbow.

I haven't told anyone that I am on a diet except you guys. Even my husband and kids think it's just a "healthier food" kick. I have not officially said "diet". What are the odds that the week I start a diet is the week people decide to start bringing all these tempting foods to share with everyone? They NEVER do that. Is it just rotten luck?
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

There will be temptations every single day....Every. Single. Day. Mind over matter. I don't say the word diet to anyone either. It is starting to click with even the smallest people in my life, but the word is never uttered LOL My 6-year-old said to me yesterday "I know why you are running, Mommy. You are trying to get the fat off you." LOL
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #3  
Slow and sure chick

Dear Dilli Doo

It is not just rotten luck. The universe IS conspiring against you.
Look at the evidence.
No diet - no yummy food available
Diet - lots and lots and LOTS of yummy food available.

I'm kidding, of course. Losing weight and maintaining it means constant vigilence. It's a whole new way of looking at life and living life. This kind of stuff will happen to you. How will you deal with it? What will you learn from it?

You have 3 choices anytime yummy food is available -
1 - throw yourself into the middle of it and eat your way out
2 - deny yourself and feel depressed cause you're not enjoying your life
3 - have one or two items that you really want, then move on

I've done 1 and 2 my whole life. They don't work, and I ended up wasting a whole lot of time and energy and mood that I really need to live the REST of my life. (yes, peeps, there is life not just after weight loss, but during it.)

Okay, I'm done with the soapbox.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/183/130

Height: 5'6"

My office always has parties with tons of food or someone has a magically filled candy bowl... I have started bringing in healthy snacks so I feel less inclined to eat the bad stuff.
shimmmer178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #5  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

Alright, it's starting to get a little freaky! LOL Where I work, on the RARE occasion that there is free food of some sort, people are sprinting to take advantage of it. Since I started my journey, LITERALLY every single day, there has been some type of bad food offered to me. Just today, I had the same person offer to buy me a soda AND just tried to force a bag of boiled peanuts on me. He has NEVER offered anything before and I've been here almost two years.

It's kind of weird because I haven't told anyone here that I am trying to lose weight. I haven't lost enough for it to be noticeable. I just don't get it. Oh well, at least I'm holding strong. Usually a "no thank you" works and I've only had to get forceful after a bunch of "are you sure?'s" a couple of times.
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote