Old 04-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #1  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Default I don't feel like myself anymore, and I'm "mean"

This is mostly a vent/need to write this down to sort out the stuff in my head.

So for the last few weeks (I'm unsure exactly how long) I just haven't been feeling like my normal happy self. This usually happens this time of year, I'll just get depressed out of the blue. I feel like I can't concentrate in school and at work I'm finding that I do 7 things at once and don't get anything completed. I just always seem so distracted. I'm finding that my patience isn't what it used to be and I'm snapping at people, especially my boyfriend. He called me mean last night. Maybe I am being mean, but I really just want to figure stuff out.

So I'm waffling between the idea that there really is something wrong with me, or if I'm just unhappy in my relationship and I'm looking for a way out. I really have no reason to be unhappy, other than simply losing interest.

Bleh.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

Well here in Syracuse, we are all snappish because we are sick of the snow and cold. Maybe a variation of spring fever? Also, I know my body takes a while to adjust to the stupid daylight savings time change...circadian rhythms can be stubborn.

See if warmer weather, sunshine, and spring improve your mood....
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Recently my local news talked about how depression is up around this time of the year (a lot of suicides going on). I think around this time of the year a lot of people get moodier...like I've been snappy lately too. Maybe you've just got tons of stress and need some R&R.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #4  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

If you're sure that this happens to you this time of year, I'd definitely wait before making any major life decisions, such as your relationship. When you're depressed it is easy to find fault and unhappiness in ANY situation.

Seasonal depression is very common. People who live in climates with especially long winters are known to benefit from solar therapies (they actually make special lamps to simulate sunlight, it's that important to our function) and supplements that correct deficiencies caused by the changes in activity, diet, and environment.

If it doesn't pass soon with the seasonal changes I would see a doctor about possibly trying a treatment. If it does pass and you're ok, then it would be safe to assume that yours is seasonal and take steps this time next year to combat it.

Hang in there Laney
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/258/170

I have a saying or warning label....whichever people would like to use at the moment.

I'm on a nutritional adjustment program. (it's kinder than diet!) I am not cranky, sad, or miserable. I am hungry!!!!

What I have found, is that I am happy skippy most of the time but I find that every third week or so, I get nasty, cranky, spit nails, breathe fire..... I have a pretty rigid plan and I'm ok with it, but I get the warnings, I pop something sweet. Normally, dried pineapple. One piece isn't going to kill me, and it is my bodies way of telling me that something is wonky....have that one cookie, piece of chocolate, sweet/salty whatever. Within a few hours, I'm happy skippy again.

Maybe it is more than the winter blues.....I figured it out that I need to listen closer to my nutritional needs.

Last edited by MissAngelle; 04-07-2011 at 04:41 PM.
MissAngelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #6  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been cranky too since I started dieting, I mostly cut out all of my carbs, and I heard that's common ??

I'm sure it'll pass, as summer comes along, you'll get happier, I'm sure, well at least that's what I'm hoping for. lol
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

If you suspect you might be unhappy in your relationship and depressed because of that, it might be good to really sit down and THINK about it. Like a painful therapy session, you might uncover truths you haven't wanted to face.

The weather can really do a job on us too though. It got warm here and I snapped out of my depression and my waning libido is back with fury. I hear it's going to be in the 60s upstate in the next few days - see if the changing seasons helps anything?

Regardless, *hugs.*
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I know this message is a few days gone, but Laneyy, just thought I'd mention that birth control might be a factor if you're on the pill.

A few years ago I was starting to become real nasty, crusty, and felt absolutely horrible but with no reason that I could figure out. There were days that I would break down at the thought of stepping out the door. Pretty intense stuff! I had no idea what the problem was, so just on a whim I talked to my doctor about changing the brand of birth control I was using for the last 6 years. She gave me something that was a lower dose of hormones, and suddenly I was back to normal and felt human again! It was that easy.

I am now off the pill (family planning) and feel even better... but I wouldn't recommend that unless you were ready for it.

Hope you are able to find your happy place soon.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/145

Height: 5' 10"

I had the same experience with birth control a few years back. My doc lowered it and that helped but then the crabbiness came back. He then put me on anti depressants. After I quit taking the birth control I was fine.
marley1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

If you find you get cranky at this time of year, I would talk to a doctor about SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder. It is a legitimate kind of depression, and something as simple as changing to a full spectrum light bulb can help. I personally have a sunlight lamp - I use it about 1/2 hour each day. I also take Vit D3, and this year I've done much better than previously.
Shop around and see ifyou can find the lightbulbs. Give them a try, it may just make your season. (better than going to drugs anyways)
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #11  
Berry and Me

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepping View Post
I know this message is a few days gone, but Laneyy, just thought I'd mention that birth control might be a factor if you're on the pill.

A few years ago I was starting to become real nasty, crusty, and felt absolutely horrible but with no reason that I could figure out. There were days that I would break down at the thought of stepping out the door. Pretty intense stuff! I had no idea what the problem was, so just on a whim I talked to my doctor about changing the brand of birth control I was using for the last 6 years. She gave me something that was a lower dose of hormones, and suddenly I was back to normal and felt human again! It was that easy.

I am now off the pill (family planning) and feel even better... but I wouldn't recommend that unless you were ready for it.

Hope you are able to find your happy place soon.
I want to second that if you are on the pill it could be the pill. When I was on BCP I wanted to KILL everyone. Absolutely everyone. I was never more mean, angry and hateful than when I was on those darn things. In example: I wanted to kill my BF (now husband) for coming home early and not calling me! I wanted to kill him for coming home on time and not calling me. I just plain and simple wanted to kill him. I was angry all the time and I mean all the time. The hormonal rages were just too much and after trying several different types with no luck I ended up stopping the BCP. Those years of my life were the absolute worst ever all because of a silly pill.
Lauren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #12  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Lauren and prepping - I'm on the Pill because I have PCOS, and I've been on the same pill on and off for the last 5 years or so, and this has NEVER happened before. I'm not mean or curt or annoyed with anyone else except my boyfriend. It's weird. It's like the attraction is just GONE. I don't want him kissing me, I don't want him touching me, I don't even look forward to seeing him anymore. When I'm not with him or haven't seen him in a while, he doesn't even cross my mind.

I'm thinking of getting my prescription changed, but I don't know how much that's going to effect things. The one I have now cycles the doses, first 5 days is 10, then the next 7 is 20, then the last 9 are 35, and then the placebo/iron pills. Not being "in the mood" ever is one thing, but I just feel like the attraction is gone.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #13  
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

Just to chime in, birth control totally ruined a long-term relationship I was in... things were great, and then they weren't, and I didn't figure out why until it was way too late. Try the prescription change... but it sounds like maybe you're just moving on. *shrug* Good luck figuring it out!

Nice new avatar, btw!
nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #14  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren201 View Post
I want to second that if you are on the pill it could be the pill. When I was on BCP I wanted to KILL everyone.
I might have to agree with this one because since I started the Pill I've been like this...so I quit taking it which leads to my period twice this month, which means I've just been completely moody all month! Also if you feel that way about your boyfriend maybe it is time for a change. Take time apart and as Krampus said give yourself a therapy session sometimes we all just need a change! I know I get depressed and unhappy alot if I find everything is staying the same and I need to do some huge drastic move across the country or to another city even a province.

I know this was just a vent and kind of old but I felt like writing
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #15  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Good news from my end...I've been off the pill for about a month and a half. My bf says I am like a completely different person. Libido is back with a vengeance. Eating and living and dealing with stress is way easier to control and perhaps best of all, I haven't managed to stay angry/moody/p!ssy for longer than 15 minutes at a time since going off it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote