Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 09:16 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking New Year's Blitz (The Winter Water Wonderland)

As we celebrated our various forms of success from focusing on our fitness goals during the 26 Days to Christmas Challenge, we seem to have reached a consensus to devote the "In-Between" time from the end of the Christmas challenge to the start of the Valentine's challenge to rededicating ourselves to hydration. That is a long sentence to say we've agreed (I believe) to pledge ourselves to drink a certain amount of water daily during this period and post as much as we can to report what we are doing!

I've pledged to drink a solid 32 ounces daily, in addition to the hydration I receive from foods and beverages.

I personally have also set a weight goal: 160! My last weigh-in before New Year's will be this coming Sunday and that will be my blitzy challenge weight. It's not looking really good on that, but we'll see!!!

Seems to me that anyone can use this thread to post any ol' fitness/weight-related goal they happen to like for this quickie blitz!!! What better time to start the new year right than RIGHT NOW?!!!

I believe it was Punkin who suggested the water blitz slamdunk idea!!! The concept be to get a head start on health to counter any, uh, indiscretions committed in celebration of the new year.

Arabella hath also pledged to maintain everyone's goals and she'll be along!!!

It be Anagram who suggested the winter wonderland idea in the name of this thread!!!

Amarantha be picturing that movie from long ago about a planet that is all ocean. Water, water, water, everywhere. The earth used to be that way, so I say we should all return to our roots and drink up!

Amarantha pledged to keep her posts short (relatively) and fantasy-free on this short and to-the-point, focused blitzy thing!!! We have no time to spare if we're gonna get to our goal weights in 2003! And then maintain 'em!!

Woo-hoo! Let's go get some water!!!

I'm posting this in advance of the actual challenge, which starts December 26!!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 06:59 AM   #2  

Smile Terrific Thursday!

Hello All!

Running a little late as I cleaned the car first, car is covered w/ ice and snow- the roads seem pretty dry so .... w/the wind chill it's in the low 20's-- need to be prepared this am!
I'll be working but will try and lurk and post again tonight!

Water goal- I do and feel better w/ at least 90oz so let's try that- except boy oh boy, when its cold like this outside-- that water intake/outake can get dicey!

Empress Jade- love the blue font!

Today's thought is:
"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." -- Helen Keller

Till later!
And to all the best choices!
Old 12-26-2002, 08:28 AM   #3  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Yikes! My apologies, Amarantha. I mistakenly thought I was stepping up to maintain the Valentine's thread, AFTER the New Year. I'm apt to be MIA for much of this .... well, whatever's left of the week. I'm going away for a couple of days tomorrow and am desperately sunk into end o'month workathon otherwise. Maybe this thread is for a short enough period that we can all just post our goals and more-or-less keep track?

I'm pledging 3L water and exercise for every day.

Sorry for the mixup!

I feel like I've gained about 10 pounds. I'll be happy to get on the straight and narrow again!
Old 12-26-2002, 09:28 AM   #4  
Hot Stuff

*sloshes in*

Hidy-ho, waterbabies!

I'm going to pledge 48oz of water daily, because my drinking glasses are 16oz each and I know I can get in three of those during the day. That's just plain water, not counting any tea, juice, soup, etc., that I might consume.

Not looking to lose weight on this challenge, just want to maintain at 172lbs.

I'll report in later!
Old 12-26-2002, 10:03 AM   #5  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation slurp zone!

Ok, I'm in.

I'm going to try for 2 litres a day...'cause my water bottle is 1 litre...so I need to drink 2/day. Slosh, with you there Wildfire!

Aiming for Hallowe'en weight....but more importantly am aiming for no wine, and for gym visits of at least 4 before January 1st!

That is it pour moi...at this point

Ceara
Old 12-26-2002, 10:12 AM   #6  

Ok, slosh sisters (& bros., be there any), here I come with my pledge of 48 oz of water plus all the other fluids I slosh. I've been a bit heavy on the regular tea the last few days but will now hop back to green and herbal.

One thing that happened during dh's illness is that I totally ran out of my beloved Tab and had no time to go to distributor for more. Could have asked son but wasn't a high priority. So now that it's been several weeks, I think it best to just maintain without that 10 oz or so a day, harmless enough habit though I think it to be. With the little proviso that, should I really feel like it again, I will give me one of those no guilt cards and go at it again in said limited amount.

I didn't do the Slimfast today, maybe tomorrow. I can hold that out as a reward since I'm building up a craving for it.

Anyway, onward and downward.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:15 AM   #7  

Love the blue font, as well. Blue be my favorite, well, it's a toss with yellow but blue in anything almost always wins. And yellow wouldn't be too readable.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:17 AM   #8  

Oops, forgot goal. But it's just to maintain until we hit the road to Valentine's Day.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:17 AM   #9  

hiya
just checking in. im going to drink 3 liters of water a day. Im kinda falling apart here, throat hurts, face infected(spacious phist) tooth hurts...im a royal mess! Honestly food does not taste good right now..that stinks.

However i think drinking water right now is really important so definely 3 liters a day.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:56 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Default Proposal ...

Glug, glug, glug!!! Woo-hoo!! It's WATERMANIA!!! Everyone be stating some pretty ambitious watery goals and Amarantha be a piker at 32 ounces. Still, the focus on drinking it be so good for the Jade's body!!! I WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE WE CONTINUE THIS PARTICULAR IN-BETWEEN WATER CHALLENGE TO JANUARY 5!!! THIS IS HIGHLY SELF-SERVING AS IT BE AMARANTHA'S WEIGH-IN DAY AND SHE COULD HAVE TWO WEEKS TO REACH HER GOAL! THEN I'D LIKE TO PROPOSE THAT WHOSOMEVER WISHETH AT THAT TIME TO POST OUR VALENTINEY CHALLENGE DO SO SHORTLY THEREAFTER!!! WOULD THAT SUIT!? IT'LL GIVE US TIME TO PROPERLY HYDRATE FOR THE VALENTINE SEASON!!

Arabella, no problem o' o' bicycling bears!!! I was wondering if that be what thou meant! Thy idea be good o' each stating our own goals, but Amarantha do so loveth a roster, so I'll just do a quickie one to focus us and since we're on such a short-time quest, won't bother to update the results, but will update as people join with stated goals.

Re the Valentine's thread, Amarantha was thinking Punkin had volunteered to put that up or maybe someone else? If Punkin did NOT volunteer, Amarantha apologizeth and hopeth another pilgrim be ready to step up to that particular plate!!! Am not really sure who thought up the loving ourselves theme or who volunteered, so forgive Amarantha for being so dumb, so whomsoever did or wants to or ... all pilgrims should have a chance for the glorious honor o' starting the thread!!!

Anagram & Kaylets: Amarantha loveth blue also and thinketh of blue as both a Christmas color and especially a New Year's color ... dunno why! Think it'd be the color of water, if water had a color! In the Empire o' Fit Folk, we have blue jade as well!!!

Scooby!!!! Elberta Crone saith thou must go to the dentist ASAP!!! Thou obviously hath an infected tooth and it must be treated right away! Really that is a bad thing and will cause great health problems if not treated. Water does help so keep that up!!! Sorry if this advice be pushy! EC be 100 years old and doesn't have time to mince words ... just tells it like it be!!! Good luck. Call the dentist now!

Ceara: O' scribeth person!!! Thanks for thy work on the last challenge!! Wildfire, also thanking thee!! The two of thee hath the same water goal, yikes, 48 ounces, very ambitious!!!

Senamay: That was such a nice thought about the chocolate thy son had on the Christmas thread! I was just thinking o' that yesterday and actually had a chocolate bar in his honor!!! That satisfied me, though, and I'm back on track!!! Come join us in the wintery water wonderland!!!

Ok, I'll post a roster! Humor me! My very focused goal-oriented left brain is in continual conflict with my creative, free-associating right brain. The left brain is usually the one who succeeds in meeting goals, so I'm going with that one!!

Here's another eight-ounces o' H20 to ya, Waterettes!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-26-2002 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:14 AM   #11  
Empress/Queen

GOAL ROSTER: NEW YEAR'S LIQUIFICATION PROJECT

Amarantha's Goals — 32 ounces H20 daily; weight to 160

Anagram's Goal — Maintain weight until start of Valentine challenge

Arabella's Goals — 3L water and exercise daily

Ceara's Goals — 2L water daily; Halloween weight; 4 gym visits by Jan. 1

Scoobysnacks' Goal — 3L water daily

Wildfire's Goals — 48 ounces water daily; maintain weight

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-26-2002 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:16 AM   #12  
Is it Friday yet?

We made it!!!!

It be a blustery day here in central Oregon, but alas, I *AM* already well into my cups. My monster mug 'o water here at work holds about 32oz. - my aim is to drink at least 3 of these while at work - any extra at home is just gravy (gasp! did I just mention gravy????). Thank you to Amarantha for having this thread up n' ready when we all returned!

Anagram mentioned the "Slosh Sisters" - you couldn't have been more accurate. When I lean back in my work chair I can hear my tummy sloosh around! Who needs a shell to hear the ocean? just put your ear up to my tummy!!!!

Well... it's over... we survived the major part of the holidays!
The New Year's holidays aren't nearly as stressful - I sit in front of the TV, watch Dick Clark (what am I gonna do when that man finally looks his age and dies??), eat the last of the left over dips n' nummies from Christmas, cry singing Auld Lang Syne, then go to bed... 3 days later, I'll turn 33

I got what could've been a nightmare gift from my neighbors. LOVE them, very sweet people - they gave me a beautiful china & wrought iron server - loaded with Lindt, Godiva, Rocher, etc... chocolates!!!! I thought "ok, I'm going to eat what I want - a couple pieces, and freeze the rest - put it in the back of the freezer!" Well, I started opening and guess what???? IT WAS ALL OLD!!!!! I don't know where they bought it, but I finally found an experation date on something and it expired 2/16/01! Problem solved.... threw it all away. I will enjoy the server and beautiful plant they gave me for the house FAR more than the size of my butt after eating all the chocolate .

Ceara - Thank you for the wonderful job of maintaining the weights on the last challenge - here's a 'nanner for you for dishing them all out for us!

Kaylets - Auto auctions are great places for cars - I got my favorite car at the Polly Klass auction in the Bay Area... Good luck!
I'm glad Vinny came to visit and that your veggie tray was so well received. Next year I'm going to keep that in mind and make a point of bringing one - just so I can 'buck the trend' of cakes, cookies and candy!
And I toast you too.... I did find time to sit and have a cuppa. I think we all should, every day. A lot of times it's right before I go to bed - a cuppa herbal and some funny tv or book (no news!). Let's start a good habit! (btw, LOVE the Tiehard de Chardin quote about discovering fire for the second time! )

Wildfire - That Christmas party sounds incredible! What a bunch of lucky kids!

Flower - Good luck with the move hon - hope it's smooth, nothing gets broke or lost, and you're unpacked in record time. Don't forget - lift with your knees!!!

Anagram - So very sweet of your son to bring the tree! Enjoy your lengthened Christmas'ing and hope hubby is recovered from the foot infection soon!

Scooby - Ouuuuch! Feel better very soon!!!!

And finally, Emp. Amarantha - Thanks to you too for the warm welcome so long ago when I joined the 21 Day Challenge... it was that welcome that kept me here for so long! You continue to inspire...

I hope you all had an awsome holiday and that Santa was very good to you!!! Here's to a wonderful water week and healthy happy new year!!

Terri
Old 12-26-2002, 11:23 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Punkin!!! It's almost FRIDAY! Here's an update on the roster with YOU in it, o' Friday :

GOAL ROSTER: NEW YEAR'S LIQUIFICATION PROJECT

Amarantha's Goals — 32 ounces H20 daily; weight to 160

Anagram's Goal — Maintain weight until start of Valentine challenge

Arabella's Goals — 3L water and exercise daily

Ceara's Goals — 2L water daily; Halloween weight; 4 gym visits by Jan. 1

Punkinseed's Goal — Three 32-ounce bottles o' water daily

Scoobysnacks' Goal — 3L water daily

Wildfire's Goals — 48 ounces water daily; maintain weight

Old 12-26-2002, 12:01 PM   #14  

HI all
yes plastic surgeon appointment on the dec 31st, dentist appointment on january 2nd...so not pushy at all amarantha! Your a doll never find you to pushy...i love this place! Honestly i did not gain weight this year from christmas and thats just something! I really think you guys keep me in check, just subconciesly.

Pumpkin, sent us a gift basket with giradelli chocolates...took 2 pieces put them in the kitchen and i really think im set for today. Fortunely its dark chocolate and im a milk chocolate lover..he he.

Anagram yea foot infections are really painful im sorry your husband has one..hope its feeling better!

Well here i sit with my bottle of water, i know i drink the most water when i work out.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:52 PM   #15  
deleted2

I'm pledging 10 glasses of water a day---no matter what!
I've got to purge my soul and say how disappointed I am that I sort of blew it food-wise this holiday. Didn't show much restraint at all---lots of social occasions and I indulged at every one. I don't dare weigh myself right now!

HOWEVER, that's all behind me now and there's nothing to do but haul my carcass back on the wagon and get back to the business at hand. So there!

Punkinseed, I laughed out loud at your gift of ancient chocolate---but yes, it's all for the best that it had to tossed out!
I think I've got our house almost denuded of all the Xmas goodies. The only trouble is a lot of them found their way into my belly instead of the trash!

Oh also, I'm working out every day- --no matter what! I've done 2 miles of seriously hoofing it on the treadmill and now I'm going to do yoga and a dumbell workout.

Closed Thread