General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default My heart goes out to the family of that guy who was beaten.

He's from the Santa Cruz area and a firefighter. He was looking forward to going to the Giants opening game. He went down to L.A. and may never return now because of some thugs. Knock him down to the ground and beat/kick him unconscious! He is in a medically induced coma and the doctors are expecting brain damage.

I hope those thugs are found and face attempted murder charges. All that guy did was wear a Giants jersey and go out for a cab after the game and will probably never see his family again.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

That's terrible- what kind of world do we live in where a SHIRT can get you killed? I pray that he comes out of the coma and is okay!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I'm definitely saying a prayer for him. Poor guy!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

He is a paramedic, that is so ironic, his job is to save peoples lives , now he is fighting for his.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
He is a paramedic, that is so ironic, his job is to save peoples lives , now he is fighting for his.
Sorry. First report I heard the other day said he was a fire fighter. Doesn't matter. Some thugs (a gang not 1 person) made him this way. Real brave thugs. Had a car nearby so they could jump in and get away.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

This is just so sad, These thugs who did this may even not be Dodger Fans. The police say a lot of gang member wear Dodger caps . Blue is their color.
I am a Giant Fan and like to kid around with Dodger Fans but would never wish anything bad to happen to them
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
This is just so sad, These thugs who did this may even not be Dodger Fans. The police say a lot of gang member wear Dodger caps . Blue is their color.
I am a Giant Fan and like to kid around with Dodger Fans but would never wish anything bad to happen to them
Most fans don't want to see anything like this happen. I've actually sat next to fans for another team. We took turns cheering and got to chatting and had a good time. The Dodger's owners need to say something to this family. Since their stadium is on private property, they should install more security cameras in the parking lot. They have had several stabbings there. In fact, more security cameras in ALL sports venue parking lots is in order.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Those were not fans....they were ANIMALS!

We live in a world where there isn't enough security or cameras to stop these creeps!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote