General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default Just want to cry....

Since October I've lost a total of 93 pounds and counting. I've felt amazing and have loved all the changes.

Last night I got a portrait tattoo of my son on my upper arm. It turned out just perfect and looks amazing. However this morning I woke up thinking Ive made a huge mistake and should have gotten it on my back. Every morning since beginning to lose weight Ive felt so good with myself and feel good about the changes. However for the first time today I walked downstairs to start my day and I felt like Ive made all this progress and did this all for nothing now. I finally liked the way my arms were and then I do this. I have other small tattoos (one on my inner wrist, and one on my outer wrist on the other wrist) but they are much smaller. I just dont know why this is effecting the way I feel about dieting. I do love it but I guess this is coming from my 60 year old Mothers comments last night. She wanted me to get it on my back. Now I wish I did. Its here for life so I guess I should just accept it. It wasnt a quick decision either, I had 2 months to decide where it went. I still wasnt 100% sure where I wanted it but decided on arm. I just want to cry now which is a lot because I dont cry =(
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Oh I'm so sorry! I know how it feels though because I got a tattoo of a bass and treble clef in the shape of a heart (in memory of my mom) and it's on the inside of my lower left arm. It came out a lot bigger than I wanted and the ink bled so I've got what looks like a permanent bruise. Every day I look at it thinking "crap jobs will be harder to get now and it would've been better somewhere else on my body".

It's really cool yours came out perfect but it sucks feeling like you made a mistake. I hope in time you feel better about it. Who knows, maybe when your arms are as perfect as you want the tat will just help accentuate the positive
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If your mother hadn't suggested you put it on your back would you feel the same way? Don't let someone make you feel bad. You spent 2 months making this decision and I'm sure the tattoo looks great- don't you want to be able to look at it whenver you want? I have a tattoo on my back and I wish I could look at it without resorting to using a mirror!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #4  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I think the arm is a better place for it, you can easily see it and I know this might be TMI but... Have you ever thought of having sex doggy style and your significant other is looking at the face of your son? < < Don't sweat it, a lot of people have second thoughts about tattoos (I got one on my neck and I kept thinking maybe I should have gotten something smaller but I love it). You did everything right and I think you're going to love it after the buyers remorse wears off.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #5  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameZombie View Post
Have you ever thought of having sex doggy style and your significant other is looking at the face of your son? < <

She makes a good point. And don't worry about it — all you can do now is remember that you thought about this in advance and it is what you really want. Even if you're have tattooee's remorse, try to remember that it'll go away and you'll go back to feeling how you felt before you got it. I freaked out a little the day after I got my wrist tattoo, wondering if I should have gotten it somewhere less conspicuous, but I always second-guess myself. It didn't take long to fall in love with the actual tattoo like I had fallen in love with the idea of it.

And think about it — you like tattoos, obviously, since you have them. And this one is of your son. How could it possibly ruin anything? Tattoos can be beautiful, especially when they mean something to you.

Worst case scenario if you really do regret it, try to take comfort in knowing that soon you'll all but forget you even have it. I hardly see my tattoos anymore, I'm so used to them. They just look, to me, like a part of my body.

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 04-06-2011 at 05:17 PM.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #6  

Thank you all SO much! I expected to get nagged at and told "well its your mistake and you should have thought about it better" but that wasnt the case at all.

I feel so much better about it. After I wrote this my sons Father got off work and came home to see it. He had to leave last night before it was finished. He knew what to expect but after seeing it he said WOW thats amazing. I think the only thing stuck in my head when I woke up was my Moms negative comments and the thought that my arm will never be bare again. I know its still fresh and will lighten up too. I look forward to going in public and hearing strangers opinion. Stangers always compliment me that they like my hair, clothes, jewlery, and whatever so this should be interesting (Im not concieted in anyway lol, they just really do this).

LoL I was laughing about if it was on my back...yes very good point. Where its at most people wont even know I have it unless I have a tank top on. Only summer time this tattoo is visible so I cant worry about it since my others are visible everyday. Like you all said its of my son so its that much more special. Ive had positive things about it and Im so happy with how it looks. I will post pics soon! Thank you all again!
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote