Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/226/218/211

Height: 5'0

Exclamation Worried about my fat showing. HELP!!

HI there,

so the other day i went into manhattan and hired a nutritionist and personal trainer, im super excited, and ready to start this, the only thing makin me worry, is that when i work out my pants kinda slip off and my shirt falls up when i bend over, i dont want to wear a tight shirt cuz i wunna feel comfy but i dont want my fat falling out, itll make me self concious and i feel like it will really limit what ill be willing to do, i dont want anything to hold me back, i need to make this work. but i dont no what i shud wear underneath my clothes to keep everything contained i thought about tank tops but they rise up over my stomach any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
staybeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

How about a tight shirt/tank top that is long (lots of people wear these for yoga because of the same concern about the shirt coming up in inverted positions) with a t-shirt on over it? That way you have a protective layer that won't move/show too much skin AND a looser-fitting top over it to be comfortable? I live in India have to do this because it's a no-no to see women in tight clothes, even at the gym!

Last edited by indiblue; 04-06-2011 at 01:39 AM.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Aw, I totally understand. I wear 2-3 shirts pretty much everytime I work out. One is a sort of like a long cami with a long wife beater type of shirt then a t-shirt over it. Don't usually have problems with skin or 'fat' showing.

Oh, if you're gonna be doing a lot of bouncing or any up/down workouts, double the sports bras so the girls stay in place.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #4  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

what about wearing a dress? you could wear a nice lovely floral dress that has an empire waistline..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

I know this sounds nuts, but how about a body suit or bathing suit under your clothes. If your shirt rides up well than no one will see anything but the designs of your bathing suit. As for the pants slipping off, you may have to buy a tighter pair (around the belly) or look into the jogging pants (and such) that have rope on the band to tighten them up around the waist. Congrats on your fresh start!
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #6  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I totally hear you on this one. I have a pair of spandex like running pants that are about 2-3 sizes to big so they go up really high on me (and don't slip down because of the spandex). They're about to fall apart since I've worn them so long but I'm trying to get as much use out of them as possible!

As for shirts... I do normally wear tighter sport shirts since I sweat a lot and I prefer comfort. I've found they make me look smaller than a bit T-shirt anyway.

Good luck on the fresh start! I so wish I could see a nutritionist!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

The idea of wearing multiple layers when working out seems nonsensible to me. You should be dressed for comfort!

I agree that a longer, fitted tank is more flattering and won't fall up and a stringed bottom works. I have a yoga pant like that. I tighten the string and away I go.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/226/218/211

Height: 5'0

hey thanks for the suggestions i like the body suit idea, that way it kinda covers it all, but theyre kinda expensive and im rly putting ALL my money in this guy so even spending 50 bucks on a suit seems nuts. thanks for the ideas tho, im gunna try some of em today
staybeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
The idea of wearing multiple layers when working out seems nonsensible to me. You should be dressed for comfort
Sometimes wearing multiple layers IS more comfortable though . I would have huge stares and boys furtively snapping photos of me on their mobile phones if I didn't wear multiple layers! Not because I'm anything special to look at it, the culture where I live is just so darn conservative that anything less than a tent on a female prompts gawking.... sorry if that sounds crass but it's a real problem as women start to assert themselves outside of what their husbands think they should be wearing! Anyway all that to say sometimes the comfort that comes from peace of mind when wearing multiple layers and not showing certain things or shapes far outweighs the physical comfort of wearing whatever you want.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'2"

All of these are great ideas - but I've always had comfort problems with tie-string pants. I would find a pair of form fitting (not tight/Spandex type) capri-like pants and just wear a long shirt over it, along with whatever you choose to wear underneath it - I usually do the long tank top. Academy and Target have some great workout capri-pants options.
glavinwife is offline   Reply With Quote