General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Calif. drivers - how long have you waited for your D.L?

boobalah renewed his license early because we heard it could take around 6 weeks to get the new license. Now my granddaughter has renewed hers (birthday end of May) thinking the new one would be there by then.

I read an article that the state is backed up 4 - 6 months.

It would have been nice if they'd worked out the bugs with this new license before launching it.

Hopefully they'll have them worked out before mine is due in Aug. next year.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'3"

I went the first week of January and they told me it would be 10 to 12 weeks, but luckily it came in about 5 weeks.
Hopefully they are working out the kinks...
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It took 7 weeks for me to get my new one.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:46 AM   #4  

Default October....until February???

Hi everyone - I am also from California and I went on October 4th to renew my license.... The temporary is good for about 6 weeks or so..... In December I called and asked what had happened..... I knew they were doing the new licenses but it was really taking a looooong time! I find out that the original photo did not come out and I had to go in for another one!!! No letter, no anything and here I sat waiting for my license. I was very upset, to say the least, but could do nothing except go back in and get that darn picture retaken!! Well, I waited until early February - it arrived the first week of the month..... I don't know about the rest of you, but the workers in the DMV are not always nice to their customers.....and that was why I hated to go back in but again, that's what I had to do!

Hugs, Softheart
softheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I had a similar experience. I went into renew mine at the beginning of Nov 2010. The temporary license was good for 6 weeks. When it was 4 days from expiring and I still hadn't received the permanent license in the mail, I called DMV and they said that the application hadn't been completed, and I would need to come back to the office. Prior to my phone call, there was no attempt on their part to notify me that there was a problem. When I went in to the office, it turned out that the DMV worker I initially met with had forgotten to check the box that said I had passed the eye test. So I wasted an hour and a half taking off work just so I could walk in the office and wait for them to check the box.

After that I think the license came within about 3 weeks.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #6  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

I had a friend that was in a situation just like yours. He waited I think 2-3 months for his license or so. But I got a new one in January, and I received it in 2 weeks tops. So I don't know.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote