Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Where do we lose fat first?

I just found this blog: http://www.diet-blog.com/06/fat_dist..._reduction.php

and it was a great read about where we lose fat first. One thing I didn't know:

Quote:
During weight loss, the following trends have been observed:

- Obese men tend to lose more visceral (internal) fat while obese women lose more subcutaneous fat (src).
- Exercise seems to result in more subcutaneous fat loss. Diet alone results in more visceral fat loss (and less surface fat loss) (src). This explains how you can lose weight - but not necessarily have any radical change in appearance.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for posting such an interesting article. Everyone has different opinions and I really don't have an opinion... I guess if I stick to my plan (I hope) it will all come off eventually. I recently read a post onhere tha someone says you lose it head to toe... Noanother post that you lose the most recent fat first... not sure either. I will say that I think I started losing in my boobs first (it could have been the most recent, too), then my belly... but then I stopped losing in my belly for a while. My face is thinner then it has ever been and my arms have lost almost all the fat, as well as my chest (area above my boobs to my neck). My belly and hips, inner thighs and calves are still problems. OHHH- and how is it I lost so much fat in my fingers I can't even wear my wedding ring???
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/198/170

Height: 5'9"

Interesting to read.

I always lose from my breasts first, and I can always tell i've gained when my thighs start to "rub" when I walk. My face is the last to show that I've gained, while it seems to be the last place that I lose the weight from as well. Also, at my lowest weight, my colar bone is VERY prominent.
Reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I didn't read the article because I didn't have to.

The answer is simple. Wherever you want to lose fat from first will be where you lose it last!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

The answer is simple. Wherever you want to lose fat from first will be where you lose it last!
You know...I think there's a lot of truth to that.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

lmao! @JohnP

I lose and gain weight seemingly at random, sometimes my fat even randomly reorganizes itself like I will continue to lose weight and I'll lose a couple inches here or there and actually gain an half inch in other places. When I started I was an hour glass, then for a short while I was a pear shape, and now I'm basically a banana with big arms. I think your body has a game plan when it comes to body fat and were just not in on it. XD
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #7  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I couldn't agree with John more! LOL That's so funny and so true!

But for me, I lose in the areas first where I put it on last. I guess the fat there isn't as comfortable.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #8  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:

I second that!! My inner thighs are my worst enemies and I know they will not be toning up until everything else on me is toned!! 'Cuz that's just how they roll...literally.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #9  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

AGREED!!

Boobs= last to gain, first to lose

Gut= last to lose, first to gain
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #10  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Thanks for sharing that.

I have also read that we tend to lose fat first from the last place we gained in. I have noticed this. I recently put on almost 20lbs in just a month or so, then took it right back off. And in the past Id lose from my hips first, but this time it was where it was added last (my tummy).
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #11  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Ain't that the truth, as is its opposite... The curves you WANT to keep will be the first to go!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

My face thins out first.

And keeps thinning out more & more. I'll have what my mother calls "that drawn look" about my face & neck even while my backside still has "junk in the trunk" (a phrase that I doubt my mother will ever use ... unless someone says it on "Dancing With the Stars").

Meanwhile my calves have to be dynamited to get smaller.

I swear that two different women's bodies were used during my assembly in the factory.

Last edited by saef; 04-05-2011 at 05:21 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Yup! I am desperate to lose some stomach and boobs. They'll fight me tooth and nail (or in this case fat cell and cellulite dimple) to stay BFF's with my unhappy body.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote