Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #1  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Smile When did you know you were going to make it this time?!?

Many of us had reasons for starting our weight loss journey’s (love reading the “Rock Bottom” thread responses) but what was the point along your journey to a healthier you did you confidently say to yourself, “I’m going to really do it this time!”?

Although it sounds petty, the moment for me was realizing my body was finally proportionate enough now where I don’t need “special” fit clothes. I was a VERY exaggerated pear shape and always searched for the reverse fit. But now I’m just….shapely! My first happy tear was shed when I bought a pair of size 10’s straight off the rack without trying them on and they fit when I got home. It was just such an incredible moment for me. It was like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders and I never want to go back to being a miserable shopper.

What was your moment?
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

For me, it was after I made it through the first week of following my self-devised plan. My problem had always been starting. When I made it a full week, I knew I had a plan I could live with for the rest of my life.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

About a month into my decision to do this no matter what for one year. Once that clicked and I no longer needed patience and the scale lost all its power, it just kept getting easier.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I still don't. I just take it day by day.

The statistics are so disheartening, I have to live in the moment.

It's like dying; you know everyone will, and so will you, but in the meantime, you just live.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #5  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

For me it just clicked. It took me a long time to lose 70 pounds because I feel like I just half-assed it (I could have lost it a lot faster, but didn't really stick to any one thing and just changed a few things at a time), but when it came to losing the last 30 pounds, I just did some research on calorie counting and started it on January 3rd. I successfully got through the first two weeks and really enjoyed it! I just know in my head that it will work out because I am the one in control of what goes into my body. I need to be patient with myself, love myself, not deprive myself, and trust my body...things I didn't do when I lost the previous 70 pounds.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #6  
Happy Member

I'm with Saef, I still don't know for sure although I have been at my goal for quite a while now. So many people regain all the weight lost, and that is a disheartening thought.

So I'm just taking it all a day at a time, I weigh myself daily, and any hint of a regain I quickly nip in the bud.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #7  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I don't. Despite all the weight I've currently lost, I've never managed to get under the weight I am now without diet pills or starving myself. Every new day is a hopeful experiment that I will somehow break through this barrier.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I'm with Saef too. There was one point in my life where i just naturally lost weight (moved across the country to a new job, new lifestyle etc) and didn't have a problem keeping it off for many months. I thought i was all set--that i'd never be overweight again. Wrong. There will be ups and downs but i will never be safe from the overeating/binge monster.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I still have a long way to go, but I know I will be successful this time for several reasons.

1. My health depends on it. My blood sugars can't take it and my blood pressure can't take the weight. And I do not want to be a "obese related statistic".

2. I have dealt with all my demons and no longer need to hide behind weight and I no longer emotionally eat.

3. I found a way of eating I can live with forever. I eat a very well balanced diet minus all the simple carbs. And I no longer crave those simple carbs.

4. I now get regular sleep and I make sleep a priority. With that in place, it makes everything else possible.

5. And I made a promise to myself - I will never buy the next size up ever again. If things start to fit tight, it means I need to drop weight - end of story.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-04-2011 at 01:08 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #10  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

When I stayed committed to working out at the gym for over a year!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #11  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Hmm... well, I don't KNOW that it will happen. For all I know I could be abducted by food terrorists tomorrow that threatened to kill me unless I eat 20 cookies per day.

That being said I definitely have a lot of will power here and I feel much more confident than I ever have in the past when it comes to weight loss. Actually, this is the most weight I've EVER lost on one diet/exercise plan. In the past I think I've lost about 20lbs top?

My key was seeing sugar as evil. I had to admit to myself that I was addicted and treat it as such. I haven't been perfect. It still sneaks in there every now and then but I'm soooooo much better! I can actually STOP eating chocolate after a small amount now. That never happened before. I can also survive days, weeks even without eating any sugar. It's very liberating and I think that in and of itself brings me closer to my goal.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm with Saef. I've lost 70 lbs, but am still very aware that if I don't stay on top of this, I can gain it back in no time.

I'm coming to terms with having an addiction, and knowing that one day at a time is the best I can do. I will *never* be free of it, and will have to be aware of it every.single.day if I want to avoid letting it take me over again.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #13  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I knew I was going to make it when I didn't feel like going back to my old habits- when I prefered to eat healthy rather than pick up fast food
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

For me, it was when this turned into something to improve my health, rather than to lose weight.

I was eating healthy and exercising because I wanted to be healthy, not skinny. I needed to treat my PCOS, my insulin resistance and stop myself from becoming a diabetic.

With eating healthy, the weight loss has also come down. The weight has to come too, along with my healthy eating and exercise, because my pancreas can't secrete enough insulin for the body I had back then (200 lbs) or the even the body I have now at 165.6! I need to lose another 15 lbs to be in a normal range and then some so I can be in a good healthy size for my body and my pancreas.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

For me it was when I got home from traveling over last Christmas. Before that point I had been calorie-counting, but staying with my in-laws and parents for two weeks pretty much prevented me from counting and after a few days I gave up even trying to portion-control, really. When I got back from the break two things happened that gave me confidence I was going to make it: 1) I got back on the horse immediately and shed the few pounds I had gained - I was not ruined by a setback! 2) I found a diet plan that I could stick with that I enjoyed that went beyond calories into food choices. Even though I have been able to calorie-count in the last few months (and have not fallen off the wagon even once) I know that with my diet plan I could go without counting and still make healthy choices that would allow me to maintain or continue to lose.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote