Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #1  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default I feel stupid.

Well.. I fell for it... the "this pill worked for my mom and me." the "we lost 15 pounds in just 2 months on this pill."... I bought the pill. I've been taking 1 a day for about two weeks. I've lost 2 pounds. I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks just cutting back my food intake and exercising.... So I thought well I am not exactly taking this right.. I will follow the directions and take 2 this morning... Well.. i've thrown up 3 times this morning. Which isn't okay with me at all! I have a headache, stomach ache, and i'm jittery. This would be okay if I was at home... but no.. I'm at work.. our busiest day of the month. And to top it off I have my favorite cardio class tonight. I'm hoping to eat some bread and some salad for lunch and I hope I feel better. Glad I was so stupid and wasted my 30 dollars.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. I'm sure we can all share similar experiences with attempts at a quick fix.
Mine was the one where you put cayenne pepper in lemon juice (hurl).
I hope you feel better soon!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

You gotta be careful with diet pills. Some of the ones doctors prescribe are basically speed and can seriously mess you up if you take to many and a lot of the ones on the regular market said clearly on the bottle they can cause vomitting and worse anal leakage. Eeek. Definitely wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Good thing you figured out your body couldn't handle them early and learned your lesson. Short cuts are almost never worth taking when it comes to important things in life.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

Oh dear you're not the only one, I've spent a fortune over the past couple of years on rubbish scams which I know won't work but there's always that little glimmer of hope lol
I hope you feel better soon dear.
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #5  
Keep on Keep'in on

I know! I can't believe I acutally let this happen!! haha I have heard the stories, read the reviews, and seen first hand how bad diet pills are.. I def want to do this the RIGHT and HEALTHY way.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
.....a lot of the ones on the regular market said clearly on the bottle they can cause vomitting and worse anal leakage. Eeek.
What's worse than this is having both of these symptoms at the same time!

I admit to taking a supplement which is touted as a "fat burner" but I never hung my hat on that. It does give me an extra boost to work out and it does suppress my appetite. It could be all mind over matter but at the end of the day, I have to work IT so IT works for me.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Girl I still get tempted! There is this diet liquid my DAD told me about and he's been using it and thought it'd give me a boost but I'm like no no no I won't take anything else I have to do this the healthy way- no matter how slow it is!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #8  
Slow and sure chick

Congrats for seeing quickly what some people never see.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

God, I tried taking some pill like that once, and on the first day, I felt hungry, angry, and speeded up. I am a nice, kind, optimistic person so feeling angry about nothing all day did not sit well with me, as well as being stone cold ravenous.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #10  
Keep on Keep'in on

When I was just taking the one pill a day I didn't feel any different except more hungry. and I would try to fight the urge to just eat everything in sight. It's a terrible feeling. The bottle actually says to take 2 in the morning and 1 5 hours later. There is NO way anyone could handle that!