Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 07:00 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia 82

Hope that's the right #. Take advantage of your foot Anne and get waited on!!!Like when you are pregnant. It only lasts for a little while. Awake at 4:30 but got to get to the grocery store early. Daughter is coming to stay overnight=-son is sick with diarrhea-hope it doesn;t last. Big snowstorm coming-we'll see who makes it here tomorrow, Hey-you can't contro;l these things. Hope everyone is well and has a good holiday. Mima
Old 12-24-2002, 09:31 AM   #2  

well do i have a story to tell about my ww leader but am short on time now so will tell all later on i really just wanted to say Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all of u and to let u know that I really appreciate ur support
love u all
Old 12-25-2002, 12:46 PM   #3  

Merry Christmas all.
Big Snow storm in NY last nite and it is still snowing.
This means I can't get out and about to friend's houses which I gotta tell you is just fine with me. I would have a drink or two and then be scared to drive, we always make a ton of snacks and every year I go home vowing to never eat like that again...so now I don't even have to say it.
I did get into a box of Gertrude Hawk chocolates last nite, but a half hour on the treadmill should take care of that, right?
I got home last nite, my kids and their friends had just made a mess of my house and I sat down and cried. It was just an emotional overload. I was OK when it was over. My kids came home and cleaned up. We had a nice dinner. But, I tell you.....I think I could do without all this stress!!!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:42 AM   #4  

Totally can relate, Ally...I love Christmas...it's my favorite time of year...but I could do without all the stress!!! I'm hurting to bad to live right now! I clean before company and clean again after they leave but with hubby home it won't stay clean for long. I'm done for the week, though! I declared tonight after cleanup that this was it for me...I have to have some rest. I told him the fridge is full of food so he can take care of himself tomorrow and just pretend I'm not here! I'm sleeping until afternoon and when I DO get up I'm not doing ANYTHING!

Can't wait to hear the story about your WW leader Notlookingback (gee...is there something else we can call you...that's tooooo long!!!

Mima...hope your son is ok and you had a great Christmas.

Hope Anne stays off her foot...bet she doesn't!!!

I'm going to watch James Bond reruns the rest of the week on TNN...except...one night...hubby owes me a dinner and movie. We're going to go see Two Weeks Notice. One of my students gave me $25 gift certificates to Ryan's and the guys that work for hubby gave him $45 gift certificates to Red Lobster so we have it made this weekend!!!

What did everybody get for Christmas? I got a silver necklace, a new Bible Outburst game, a handmade 'fan' quilt, a digital CD, tape player/radio with digital remote and...best of all...a CD recorder! (plus lots of candy/perfume/lotion/junk from students!)

Santa was good to me this year!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 07:37 AM   #5  

Hi-I can relate to the stress.Bummed out and tired today-gotta serve differently next time-I used to have a big house with lots of room but I only have a big lr now-anyway-it was nice yesteday but stressful-thankful that my kids got home safely in that snowstorm-Brad is out there already with the new snowblower.Not going to do much today cuz I am so tired. Brad gave me earrings and perfume,a jacket and sweater set. ANd TWO CARDS-remember we had the discussion about the cards-one was so freash and the other so sweet I cried. Then at 10 pm -as we were watching a movie-got a call from the state police that his ex-girlfriend's car was found abandoned in Conn-things turned out ok-we are just waiting for his name to get off the car so we will have nothing to do with it-soon!!!!!I am hurting today but I am counting pts fo WW so I will be better soon. Hope everyone is ok-Mima
Old 12-26-2002, 10:18 AM   #6  

Well, I finished off the Gertrude Hawk chocolate. Will have to live on that treadmill!!!!
Going to the Outlet Mall just to get out and about. Too much couch time yesterday. Was a nice way to spend Christmas for me, but now I have cabin fever!!!
I got a watch, sweater, bath stuff, CDs. Very nice.
Also cooked a ham so have a ton of meat left.
No more pigging out next week!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 01:24 AM   #7  

What did you buy at the mall, Ally?

Hope you are feeling better, Mima...Today was a total wash out for me. I did just what I said I was going to...NOTHING! Slept and watched James Bond reruns on TV!!!

Here is a picture of my darlings.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:26 AM   #8  

I'm going to try and post a pic. of hubby and me with kids...hope it isn't too large!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:26 AM   #9  

Great pictures, Meme. Brad's stomache is upset but he's not that sick-hope it's not that bug that Bobby had but was well over Christmas Day. Taking my stepgrandaughter to the movies today and give her , her presents. It's so fa to go see her now!!!Dad is coming too so I won't have to go so far to meet her. Then tomorrow, ex-bro-in-law is coming. Like I said, I have too many relatives. Can't keep up with the immediate ones/ I counted points yesterday and I did well and even went for a walk. I guess that is what I have to do-it gives me some control. Course, we are going to FL next week but if I can do it til I go that will be good and then I can when I'm down there. Don't worry Ally, the chocoale cannot be here forever. Gotta make Brad a lunch. Mima
Old 12-27-2002, 11:11 AM   #10  

Default Hey There

We had a great Christmas.. I cooked half the day but the other half was nice. My G/son called from France and that was a highlight. I got a new bag ,perfume .knit shirt, gift certificates.a nice pin,windchimes,etc. All in all a nice day. The 26th was my 49th wedding anniversary. A quiet day. I ate too much. I got the nerve to get on the scale this morning. I guess I didn't do too much damage. I hope the rest of the Holidays are good for you all....Joanne
Old 12-28-2002, 07:35 AM   #11  

great pic meme, happy new year to all i know i have been working hard on changing my habits so far this holiday season and since i am off work till 1/2 it has helped i ordered a pediometer to see how much walking i do and i can;t wait for it to get here plus i am counting my calories and my hub got me a great calorie counter book for xmas which includes more than i could imagine and it is from the calorieking ........................
just wanted to let u know i think of u guys all the time and i do enjoy hearing ur comments............
be happy!!!!
Old 12-28-2002, 07:42 AM   #12  

well my name is marlene so u can call me Mar how is that??? the ww leader works for a preschool and decided she would ask me to do a fundraiser for her school i see Avon any way she sold about 1200.00 which i was pleased and told her not to collect tax or the handling fee avon charges .50 well on a few she did now my question to u is would u have given back their tax and handling fee right there and then if u knew not to collect it?????
well she decided that was for me to figure out and i did the best i could following their order blanks well i missed a few and made good on them but since she made such a big stink about it the few i missed she had them calling my house for tax and their 50 cents back plus talked nasty to me and i got really mad and let off some steam at her which i shouldn't have but what is done is done so then i finally spoke to her boss and she said that M shouldnt have spoken to me that way and that she should have handled it better well they got 25% of the total she gave me so now the school was ahead of the game i donated 25.00 in handling fees and paid them too much plus she didn't send me a tax exempt form so guess who had to pay a 81.00 tax never again with her anyway and i am not going back to ww at least her class she never did anything great anyway her meetings were boring and so on and so on i hope u got the gist of this cause it is hard to explain and there is more to it of course but i think i hit the highlights................
Old 12-28-2002, 07:50 AM   #13  

Marlene:

I hope you don't forget to tell us the story about the WW leader.

Freddie
Old 12-28-2002, 07:50 AM   #14  

Hi guys-not feeling 100%-I think it's my sinuses-I guess I ate too many pts. yesterday but I am starting over today.I had to cancel my moivie trip with step-grandaughter so have to mail her presents. And postponed ex-brotherinlaws visit til next week. I have too many relatives-oh eyah. I already said that. Thinking about our trip to FL-we leave in one week-gotta get 4 new tires first!!!We just sent our quarterly money to the gov-that's what you have to do when you are in business!!!It's going out too fast-vacations cost money. Someone told me to say the mantra " I have more money than I need and more is coming in all the time"I will say that every day.Enough!!!My husband has just left for work!!!!He's trying to catch up before we leave. Hope everyone is well-can't wait to get my new shoes-Joanne, they are mostly for the snow. What is the weather down there-is it in the 60's-gotta plan the clothes. Mima
Old 12-28-2002, 10:14 AM   #15  

Default Hey There

Mima- -I guess you are going to Ft. Meyers?It should be about 10 degrees warmer. I am in Tarpon Springs so we are supposed to be in the 40's? at New Years and rain. What it will be after is anyones guess. That is the way of Fl. Real cool one week and warm the next.Right now it is 49 and clear with sun. It is real pretty.
Notlookingback- Hunt for a new WW meeting . I suggest not getting into any business other than WW with them. That way you won't get upset. Keep up the good work with your weight loss program. It sounds like your hubby is trying to help you. I didn't count calories,just points. My brother is in real good shape. He said he doesn't count cal. just watches fats. Ofcourse it is always easier for men to lose.
Meme- Beautiful children. The little dark haired girl looks like you. Good looking hubby too.
I think my son-in-law gave me a touch of his cold. I will be finding a good chair and my book after I vacumn my house.
Love you all...Joanne
Closed Thread