Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/143/120

Height: 5'3"

Default question/advice please

This is in the way of a small vent, but it is frustration and disappointment with a plea for advice..ok I spoke to my doc x2 re ideal protein. The 3rd time, I was very very motivated and said ok set me up..this was on Tuesday. The "coach" he uses works in the same facility as me, 1 floor away, with shared inhouse phones and email..so on Friday when I had not heard from her, I tracked her down and she returned my call on Saturday morning. Her first words were well are you going to do it or do you just have some questions. I was thinking ok, not particularly encouraging, but went on and explained that I was very motivated and that I had been on line and had in fact completed the 8 page history form for her (I found it on line) and that my physician and I had already done the medical exam part, and I basically needed the "enrollment package/food" part..again in a very disinterested tone she says well I am going to Florida and then when I get back in 2 weeks I am all booked up for the date I see people, so you will have to wait another week. I can see you at 4:30. Well I get off at 3, so what am I supposed to do for an hour and a half? We live in a podunk town..a huge shopping experience is when they expand the clearance section at WalMart!
Plus, what do you think is going to happen to my enthusiasm after a 4 week wait? Am I just going on a bad first impression? I personally at this point dont think she could coach me to do much of anything. I had read about Ideal to Go but I dont know if they would accept me since in a manner of speaking I do have a coach..please offer feedback..I really want to get started! Thank you!
bridgewitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgewitch View Post
This is in the way of a small vent, but it is frustration and disappointment with a plea for advice..ok I spoke to my doc x2 re ideal protein. The 3rd time, I was very very motivated and said ok set me up..this was on Tuesday. The "coach" he uses works in the same facility as me, 1 floor away, with shared inhouse phones and email..so on Friday when I had not heard from her, I tracked her down and she returned my call on Saturday morning. Her first words were well are you going to do it or do you just have some questions. I was thinking ok, not particularly encouraging, but went on and explained that I was very motivated and that I had been on line and had in fact completed the 8 page history form for her (I found it on line) and that my physician and I had already done the medical exam part, and I basically needed the "enrollment package/food" part..again in a very disinterested tone she says well I am going to Florida and then when I get back in 2 weeks I am all booked up for the date I see people, so you will have to wait another week. I can see you at 4:30. Well I get off at 3, so what am I supposed to do for an hour and a half? We live in a podunk town..a huge shopping experience is when they expand the clearance section at WalMart!
Plus, what do you think is going to happen to my enthusiasm after a 4 week wait? Am I just going on a bad first impression? I personally at this point dont think she could coach me to do much of anything. I had read about Ideal to Go but I dont know if they would accept me since in a manner of speaking I do have a coach..please offer feedback..I really want to get started! Thank you!
Can you tell your doc what transpired and ask for another coach or at least ask if you can buy the products to get started and still keep the appmt or possibly meet with him until she gets back for a couple of weeks so you don't have to wait so long? Did you google to make sure there is no where else in the place you live that offers the program? I live in a medium sized city, not big by any means and we only have 2 places that offer the program.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
If you haven't actually signed up & paid the fee, then there's no reason you couldn't go through Ideal to Go. I agree, I think you should ask your Dr if you can start this way.

Maybe you just got the coach when she wasn't having the best day(s), but it does make you wonder how useful she'd be over the long haul.

Don't give up, though. It's a really good program. Let us know what happens.
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #4  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Bridgewitch,

It sounds like you are motivated now to start this great program. I don't think you should wait. You should check with your doctor, explain the situation and see if there is another coach. If not, I think you might want to start on your own. If you go the the sticky on the forum, "Phases", check out post #73 by I'm Svelting. The new 2011 Phase I protocol is there. Also read Dr. Tran's book about the protein diet. There is a link to that on the first post of every daily chat. There are alternative products available and there is a sticky for that too on the main page. You can always sign up with the coach when she has time but I think you should strike while the iron is hot! The daily chat has a wealth of information and everyone is happy to help you. Good luck with whatever you decide. We are here to help you.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #5  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
You could read the alternative products sticky and get started without IP foods! Then if you wanted, you could begin when your coach gets back.

I have been doing this for almost 4 weeks with alternate foods and have lost nearly 20 pounds. So the alternate foods DO work!
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 146/143/120

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. I think I will give her a 2nd chance and in the meantime stock up on alternative foods and go on and get started before someone puts Little Debbie cakes on sale! I really appreciate the feedback!
bridgewitch is offline   Reply With Quote