Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default had a good week; gained 7 pounds?

how it is possible that I had a good diet week and still managed to gain 7 pounds? I'd be accepting of not losing any because it wasn't a perfect week. Or even a pound or two of water weight because I feel a little bloated.

but 7 pounds? come on
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Did you eat a lot of sodium yesterday and not enough water? Yesterday I had ramen seasoning and chicken broth--the scale made me pay for it by showing a three pound gain. . I doubt you gained 7 pounds of fat in a week (is that even possible?) Why don't you try to have a really clean day today and drink a lot of water and then weigh again tomorrow morning?
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #3  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

That happened to me because I started exercising when I wasn't before. I went up 8 lbs I think it was. It's a pita! But it did drop back off as quickly as it came on. I'm trying to stay away from the scale monster these days, it depresses me to see it, my scale is bipolar! I weigh a couple times a week but only because I want to keep a record of my losses, if it weren't for that I probably would be fine not weighing at all.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

You may be exercising too much and eating too much sodium. If you exercise every day take a day off, watch what you eat, and drink plenty of water. You should see your weight drop down after that.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

My condolences! I hate that... but you have great suggestions from everyone above... it isn't fat... you would have had to eat something like 25000 calories and do nothing but sleep all week for it to be fat gain!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5

well, I'm not exercising too much. lol

I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to change the batteries in my scale either.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

I get that way if I eat Chinese food the night before. All those vegetables, it's got to be healthy, right? NOT! the sodium in Ch food is incredible - I can't even get my rings on the next day. Drinking a lot of water and eating an apple the next morning helps to flush it out. My bet is you're down to normal tomorrow.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote