Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Default What are you snacking on?

I have been trying to come up with some good snack ideas and yesterday in the store I came across some Wasa crackers.

*Wasa crisp n light 7 grain crackerbread... 20 calories each, 3.6 carbs I spread laughing cow cheese wedge on them at 35 calories. This is a very good and satisfying snack for only 95 calories (if you eat 3 crackers and one wedge)

Now I know some of you will make this face at my next snack b/c it's such a boring, mundane and usual snack for many but for me after doing years of low carbing and having a distorted view of certain foods I am pretty excited to be eating this.

*Baby carrots and ranch dressing............. yes I was afraid of the sugar content in carrots. I'm slowly undoing the mental damage

*Small apple and Natural PB (again had to wrap my head around eating an apple)

I tried eating the 100 calorie bags of white cheddar popcorn but umm yeah one bag turns into a box so I had to nix those.

*100 calorie pack of natural almonds/walnuts

*Greek yogurt with 2 TBSP Vanilla Whey Protein powder

So I hope you guys will share your snack ideas
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #2  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

My snacks are pretty standard stuff:

Cucumber-Dill Lentil Chips (Mediterranean Snack Food Co.) - 110cal/3g fat/3g fiber/4g protein per serving

Fage nonfat greek yogurt, flavored (I like Chobani too, but much prefer Fage) - 120cal/0g fat/0g fiber/11g protein each

Vitalicious muffin tops (chocolate) - 100cal/1.5g fat/9g fiber/4g protein each

Happy Trekking trail mix (Trader Joes) - 160cal/11g fat/2g fiber/4g protein per 1/4 cup

Other than those regulars I pretty much work from whatever I have around the house any given week. Right now, I'm snacking on half of a whole grain flatbread with 2 T. Trader Joes tomato basil hummus topped with thinly sliced raw zucchini (119cal/2.3g fat/6.6g fiber/4.2g protein).
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I love the Vitalicious Vitatops, too. They're reallychocolatey and feel decadent, but I don't go overboard b/c of all the fiber.

Bananas, apples, yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese... Those are often my go-to snacks. Sometimes some reduced fat Triscuits or melba with blue cheese Laughing Cow. Lite Babybel cheese. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches or cups. Baby carrots. Celery.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

Broccoli Slaw - I buy the shredded bag from the deli case and then mix in fat free plain yogurt, raisins and some kind of nut, usually almonds. In the past, I made this with mayo but now I'm accustomed to the yogurt and to me it's like a dessert. I eat a huge bowl of it daily and I don't get any stomach problems because I take 2 Phazymes right after I eat it. lol

Celery, Carrots, Cauliflower with dip made with fat free sour cream and powder packets of Hidden Valley Ranch mix.

Fiber One Brownies
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Sugar Snap Peas, Cantaloupe, cottage cheese, steamed veggies (I can't stomach most of them raw), my FAV is strawberry slices dipped in non-fat yogurt!
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #6  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

ricecakes
baby carrots
apples
manderine oranges
pretzels
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I love celery or carrot sticks for snacks
Also, frozen bananas. yum!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

I second the frozen bananas! Yum. Sometimes I'll get a teeny tiny drizzle of chocolate syrup on one, it's like ice cream! Also, frozen grapes are delicious. I love veggies in hummus as well.

Sometimes if I'm craving chocolate, I'll make diet hot chocolate (25 calories), you can make it with hot water but I like to use almond milk.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I bake whole wheat pita pockets (60 cal) into pita chips sprinkle some garlic seasoning, pepper and paprika and dip it into spicy hummus yummy
WeightForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I snack on:

Raw Radishes - no dip
Raw Cucumbers - marinated in vinegar
Raw baby carrots - no dip
Raw Celery - no dip but sometimes use salsa which is only 10 cal per TBSP
Raw apples with peel - no dip
Raw bell peppers - no dip but sometimes use salsa which is only 10 cal per TBSP
Occasionally I will have 1 1/2 cups of Weight Watchers All You Can Eat Cabbage Soup

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #11  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Laughing Cow 35 cal wedges are what has kept me sane throughout this lifestyle change!

Also string cheese, fat free yogurt, triscuit, fiber bars, & fresh fruit.

If I earned myself some indulging, I'll have a fun size chocolate, a skinny cow ice cream sandwich (or our local brand, as long as the calorie count is similar), or wheat toast with a smear of peanut butter OR nutella.

In general though, I don't snack /that/ much. I tend to use water or vanilla soy milk fill me up.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #12  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I'm snacking on today:

Clementine - 35 cals
Light string cheese - 60 cals
SF jello cup - 10 cals

Usually I also have some Light Daisy sour cream with Pampered Chef fiesta dip mix in it and 40 Great Value pretzel sticks when I get home from work... The SC is 40 cals for 2tblsp and the pretzes are like, 110. It lasts me till dinner at 7:30 (and I get home from work at 3:45...)

I always keep my calories for dinner, so today - even with all my snacks - I'll be at about 440 before dinner. Dinner is shaping up to be 850/900 cals, so I'll be a little under my target for today!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Vitalicious muffin tops (chocolate) - 100cal/1.5g fat/9g fiber/4g protein each
Do these taste like the "real deal" or do they have an artificial taste to them? I've wanted to try them but they are so expensive I'll try to keep an eye out for them when they are on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism21 View Post
Broccoli Slaw - I buy the shredded bag from the deli case and then mix in fat free plain yogurt, raisins and some kind of nut, usually almonds. In the past, I made this with mayo but now I'm accustomed to the yogurt and to me it's like a dessert. I eat a huge bowl of it daily and I don't get any stomach problems because I take 2 Phazymes right after I eat it. lol
Fiber One Brownies
This sounds good I have to try it. When I was little my mom use to make her own coleslaw and put raisins in it. What's in the shredded bag other then broccoli?

Fiber One Browmies??? I've never seen those I've only seen and eaten their bars and let's just say I couldn't stop eating them and ended up paying big time for it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyDogs View Post
Sugar Snap Peas, Cantaloupe, cottage cheese, steamed veggies (I can't stomach most of them raw), my FAV is strawberry slices dipped in non-fat yogurt!
Snap peas....... I seen a few people on TV talk about eating snap peas, I can't get my mind pass them tasting like raw peas like the ones I use to help my grandma shell when I was little. I actually saw some in the store this weekend and started to pick some up but had a flashback. Do you eat them with a dip or by themselves? I'm going to add them to my try it list, I need to think outside the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatferretfanatic View Post
I love celery or carrot sticks for snacks
Also, frozen bananas. yum!
Frozen bananas....... May be a duh question but do you just cut it up in slices or mash it up then freeze so it's like a custard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightForMe View Post
I bake whole wheat pita pockets (60 cal) into pita chips sprinkle some garlic seasoning, pepper and paprika and dip it into spicy hummus yummy
Good idea I'm made pita pizzas and have thought about making pita chips with seasoning.

Thanks guys there are some good looking ideas I'm going to try, I don't eat a meal for lunch I prefer to eat snacks (mini meals) throughout the day at work .
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

I just finished eating a stick of string cheese. -- I also Love the 100 Calorie Brownies .. mmm!! I'm not huge on chips or snacks of the such. I usually just grab a piece of fruit for snacking.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #15  
FitnessLovingMom

S/C/G: 237.8/217.8/140

Height: 5'5''

Default Snacks I love

Hello everyone,

Here are a couple of the snacks I love to eat...

* 1 Slice of 50 Cal whole wheat bread and some Nutella or Peanut butter
* 1 Fruit with string cheese
* Handful of Almonds and Dried fruit mix
* 1/2 cup of Fat free Greek yogurt w/2 tablespoons of grape nut cereal
* 1/2 cup of Fat free cottage cheese and trail mix
* 1 Laughing cow cheese wedge with 1 slice of rye bread and 2-3 slices of salted tomato or your veggie of choice
* 1 Oiko – Caramel or Chocolate flavored yogurt (pre-portioned pack)
FitnessLovingMom is offline   Reply With Quote