Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'4

Default I don't think my mini goal is going to happen

Hi everyone.

I really wanted to reach 165 by Easter because I'm going to see my family and I haven't seen them in over a year and at that time I was 209lbs and busting out of a size 18, so I really want to be a size 12 (and I think I will be at 165lbs) when I see them.

Right now I'm at 170.5 and I was 171 the week before that (I ALWAYS lose 1.5-2lbs per week) so it's really frustrating! Even worse yet, I'm sabotaging myself! I know that I REALLY want to meet this goal and yet this past weekend, I went on an eating rampage and didn't track anything. So I told myself that I would just forget about it and start over fresh on Monday and be perfect for the rest of the week. So what do I do?? I go to a Mexican restaurant last night and eat WHATEVER I want again with no regard for my DPs. UGH! Needless to say I'm not looking forward to my WI tomorrow morning!

I am so mad at myself right now! Has anyone else ever done anything like this? What did you do to get yourself to focus and get back on track?
Wendyybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

6lbs in about 3 weeks is definitely achievable. Just say, yes, I went off-plan. Yes, I'm probably gonna suffer for it. Yes, I'm back on plan starting NOW! And add a little extra exercise in. You have an easily achievable goal, all you have to do now is focus on meeting it. I've decided that I'm really focused on meeting my goal. I've had issues, I've mucked up. But I'm always thinking about my goal. I AM GOING TO MEET MY GOAL! (which is about the same weight loss as you by easter). AND YOU ARE TOO
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #3  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Easter is three weeks away. You have time to refocus and recommit yourself. There are no tricks to it... You just have to do it.

I did a google search for a particular quote and happened upon this board: informedtrades.com/blogs/daryl676/1878-motivational-quotes.html

There are a few good ones here.

Today was yesterday's battle; tomorrow is today's dream.
Written in 2010 by Roxanne Hoffner

We run from failure... we run from success... but what really matters is not what we're running from, but where we are running to!
Written in 2010 by M. Goerz --- Washington

Many of us have seen little children take their first step in their quest to walk. We watch them wobble and fall so many times, yet they are not discouraged from trying again. In the end, they master the art of walking. You might fall many times in accomplishing your dreams, but don't give up or give in. I see success in the air!
Written in 2010 by Andrew Effiong --- Nigeria
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #4  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Going off diet at some point happens to most everybody I'm sure. Even with the best of intentions real life can throw a wrench into our plans. Stress or holidays or a trip to a restaurant are trying times! It's only truly a problem when we allow it to derail us further. You've acknowledged what happened and your feelings about it-after the fact, that's about all we can do.

After a cheat is a tricky time. We can either feel guilty about it and let our guilt/fears drive us right back to the fridge, or we can try to learn from our mistakes by recognizing what triggered the binge and move on, stronger for our resolve.

Your slip doesn't have to kill your hope for your goal-there's no reason why you can't still do this. BUT...it's easy to get to a point where we obsess about the numbers too much. Even if it would take you a little longer to get to 165, you have lost almost 40 pounds since you last saw them. No one is going to be looking at you thinking anything about those 2 or 3 extra pounds. Heck, I fluctuate that much throughout the course of a day. If you didn't lose another single pound they will still undoubtedly see how much healthier and more fit you are

Forget about the slip. It's not important anymore. Be proud of what you have accomplished and keep going
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, this is why I don't attach time limits to my weight loss goals because it messes with my head.

Just get it back together and do the best you can. Seriously, if you don't lose anything by then, is 6 lbs really enough to mess with your head and discount all you've lost so far? 38 lbs - you're killing it! Be proud of what you've already accomplished!
Shades of Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

Honestly, will your family know that you have those 6 extra pounds at Easter (assuming you still have them)? They truly won't. Congratulate yourself for what you have already accomplished. The weight will come off but giving yourself a timeframe for it can get you derailed quick. Good luck!
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #7  

I'm a little worried about how frustrated you sound with losing 1.5 to 2lbs a week. That is great weight loss, so is .5 a week. It's very hard to always lose, each week. I think your expectations are too high if you are not happy with that. It's a great and healthy weight loss.

You have done well on your goal. you may get to your goal but if you don't you have gotten close and you will get there. Don't give up.

Last edited by angelskiss; 04-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.
angelskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'4

Talking

Thanks everyone.

Today was my WI and considering the week I had, I'm absolutely amazed that I actually lost .5 lbs again. I thought for sure I would have gained.

You are all right, its probably just a hinderance to put time limits on reaching a goal, I should just focus on getting there whenever I get there (and I will). Although I'm not so upset about not being 165 now though because I went shopping for jeans today and size 12 fits!! I haven't been in a size 12 since 2006!
Wendyybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  

Think of a time limit like a guide, not an end (all or nothing). You can always edit your goals as needed.

Good job on the losses. Amazing!
angelskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #10  

Keep your eye on your goal, and what you have achieved so far...You are doing great ! Steady does it
claudiaMtl is offline   Reply With Quote