Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #1  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Default I FINALLY weighed myself...

I started this journey right after Christmas and did not weigh myself, just
changing the way I eat. I vowed not to weigh in every week because I
don't do well with the "numbers game". I know this from ALL the previous times I have tried this... My curiousity got the best of me today and I weighed myself this morning. I had a "rough" idea how much I started out with and was surprised to find out I am down 40 pounds. I am following
the South Beach plan but not perfectly. I consider myself in the phase 1 1/2.
Started walking to work, it's only a couple of blocks but it all helps, right?
I am feeling so much better, which is why I am doing this. I have fibromyalgia
and figured out that sugar is a trigger for me, also the weather and stress.
I can control the sugar but not the weather. lol The stress thing I am still working on.
I read the posts here often and it helps keep me focused so THANK YOU all!
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #2  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I wish the forum had a "like" option like you see on Facebook, cause I would "like" this all over the place! Lol!

Congrats!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

CONGRATS!!!!!! I really wish I had the will power to not weigh my self that is really awesome that you do! Its really great that you were able to loose 40lbs already! I have kicked sugar/carbs on atkins and i feel great its funny how all that processed junk makes us feel so bad, but we dont really notice it until we dont have it. CONGRATS again!!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #4  

Hi. I've been working at my weight loss since July and haven't been on a scale once. I know roughly where my highest weight was. I have been tracking my loss by clothing sizes (went from 28 to 14/16). I have been tempted latelty to just get on the scale but i don't want to start obsessing about the "number". When people ask me how much i've lost, i can tell they don't believe me when i say "honestly i don't know". i do kind of like that because i don't want to tell them so they can do the math and realize how much i used to weigh! Should i just get on the scale?
nuumite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuumite View Post
Hi. I've been working at my weight loss since July and haven't been on a scale once. I know roughly where my highest weight was. I have been tracking my loss by clothing sizes (went from 28 to 14/16). I have been tempted latelty to just get on the scale but i don't want to start obsessing about the "number". When people ask me how much i've lost, i can tell they don't believe me when i say "honestly i don't know". i do kind of like that because i don't want to tell them so they can do the math and realize how much i used to weigh! Should i just get on the scale?

I know this question wasnt exactly for me but I am going to say NO! You are doing amazingly well with out it so why do it now? I would weigh my self once I got down to how I wanted to look sense thats what your going by so that you can know if your gaining weight once in maintenance. I know that you can do that just by "look" to but I think with a scale you could catch a gain a bit earlier. I think you should just keep going like you are because its working for you! Some people give up when they look at a scale often and dont see much of a change even though they really are changing! Good luck! and keep up the good work!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
I know this question wasnt exactly for me but I am going to say NO! You are doing amazingly well with out it so why do it now? I would weigh my self once I got down to how I wanted to look sense thats what your going by so that you can know if your gaining weight once in maintenance. I know that you can do that just by "look" to but I think with a scale you could catch a gain a bit earlier. I think you should just keep going like you are because its working for you! Some people give up when they look at a scale often and dont see much of a change even though they really are changing! Good luck! and keep up the good work!
Thanks. I have been working out and that really seems to be the key. i just want to be healthy at this point.
nuumite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #7  
~Kim~

That is amazing! Congratulations. That's some major will power so good for you! I committed to not weighing myself for the month of March so I got on the scale for the first time this morning since my initial weighin and I'm down 14.4 for the month. It's a great feeling seeing a big change like that. I hate the numbers game too. From now on I'm only weighin twice a month. I definitely think it's worth it for your peace of mind. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

I really like the scaleless idea, but I don't think I could do it. I really LIKE weighing myself, although there are definitely disadvantages.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #9  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Congrats to all of you.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #10  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Huge congrats!!!! The thought of avoiding the scale is almost scary to me...I NEED the feedback from the numbers (either good or bad) to stay on track.

But major props to you for figuring out what worked for you. You seem to be doing fabulously
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #11  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Congrats! You are doing a great job. It is easy to focus on the numbers on the scale rather than overall health and feeling good. You seem to have found the safe zone there. Keep it up and good luck!!!!!!!!!!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Omg! Great job! If what you're doing works for you, then I say do it!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Congratulations! That's great! 40 lbs is a lot of weight!!!!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Congratulations!
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #15  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote