Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/168/145

Height: 5.1

Default anyone doing Tim Ferriss' 4 hr body

Hi there I'm. New so bear with me... anyone doing the 4 hr body diet. I started it almost a week and a half ago. I haven't lost and lbs on the scale, but I have went down 3% body fat since last Friday... I think I could lose more lbs. And inches if I could get off my lazy butt and get back to my Jillian Michaels workout... any thoughts???
melvallilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default Ferris - 4 hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvallilly View Post
Hi there I'm. New so bear with me... anyone doing the 4 hr body diet. I started it almost a week and a half ago. I haven't lost and lbs on the scale, but I have went down 3% body fat since last Friday... I think I could lose more lbs. And inches if I could get off my lazy butt and get back to my Jillian Michaels workout... any thoughts???
Yes, 3 of us (other 2 are not on 3FC) started it 2 weeks ago. I had been on Diet Center for 2 months and lost 8 pounds, then got stuck!
This diet knocked off 1 pound the following day. At the end of the week, I had my first binge day. What fun! I really plunged in and fulfilled my wildest dreams.
I am losing inches EVERYWHERE; since inches were my biggest issue; i am happy! Also, I have stopped feeling sluggish, slow moving, dull minded and starved. I am running around getting things done and, at night, I sleep fine. Also, stopped the awful afternoon nap after lunch...don't need it!
jojotheyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #3  
Lani Loves Lettuce!

S/C/G: 381/361/351

A friend and I started two weeks ago, we've both lost about 10lbs. I love the way this diet makes me feel. I didn't realise how much sugar was affecting my moods an energy until I started the plan. If you're not losing as much as you like you can ask the folk at 4HBtalk.com for advice.
Focused Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw shucks! :blush: I didn't do a darned thing. You Goldens really are golden.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

My ex boyfriend followed 4 hour body religiously, and he looks amazing. He went from 220lbs to 185 (he is 6'1'')... now he is up to 200lbs but the extra weight was all muscle gain.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #6  
Captain of Cool

S/C/G: 205/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

My boyfriend and I are following it. He lost five pounds in 5 days (he started this past Monday). I can tell I've lost weight, too, but I haven't weighed since my starting day (stupid TOM). I love this diet, though. It's so easy to follow, since it has the cheat day (and I go CRAZY on cheat day). =D
PicklesThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

I've only just gotten my hands on the book today (I live overseas and it was on backorder for weeks! Grrr!), and am just getting into it. I'm glad there are others who are trying it out at the same time. Any advice from those of you who've already gotten started?
slowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #8  
Captain of Cool

S/C/G: 205/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

The only advice I can think of off the top of my head is to measure before you start. Since this diet is designed to make you lose inches instead of just weight (i.e. not muscle), it can be too easy to get discouraged if you aren't seeing a huge dip on the scale, even though you are losing inches.
PicklesThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #9  

Thanks for the advice, PicklesThePirate. Reading the book makes me wish I'd gotten some measurements a month ago, and now that I'm seeing inches coming off (from my current exercise/eating habits), I really want to start keeping track.

Not sure if I'll do the Slow-Carb diet right off though, as I have a bit of an aversion to diets and my main focus right now is exercise, so I might jump right into the strength stuff to start.

Good luck to all of you!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/175.5/135

Height: 5'2

I've just started the diet and feel great on it. Slowrunner, since you're adverse to dieting have you thought about doing incremental diet changes? Perhaps add more beans to your diet or up your veggie intake, that way when you're ready to go whole hog it might not feel like you're on much of a diet since you've already begun to transition.
patootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

PicklesThePirate- I had no loss and a little gain during my TOM on this diet.

I am 3 weeks in following slow carb and walking with stairs for exercise. The biggest difference I have seen is improvement in mood and energy. I am using the scale (such a pain and easy to get discourage), measurements would be best. However, several days into diet I did get my weight/body fat measured by a BodPod. I am looking forward to May 31st to see the results from 2nd test. My BodPod goal is to loose 10 pounds of fat and gain 2 pound muscle, for a net loss of 8 pounds. I will continue until the end of May with this diet then reevaluate if it is a long term solution for me, have also considered Paleo.

Traditional Scale
April 18th 252.5
May 1st - 245.8
May 8th - 243.2

= 9.3 pounds lost in 3 weeks
celrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #12  

patootie: (Sorry for taking so long - I was out of the country!) I definitely have been getting more proteins and vegetables in, though it's the carbs that will be hard for me to give up. I start every morning with a big bowl of cereal with flax added, and I feel really healthy on it, so I'm wary of making that big change for breakfast. I think what I want to do eventually is just finish all the cereals I have in the house (I have several boxes left!), then just go full-force with more high-protein breakfasts when I run out. If I can stick with it for at least a couple of weeks to start, I'll know I can handle it!

celrae: Great job so far! Hope your May 31st sees great results!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

I am having week 5 fatigue. The rules of the plan are easy but, life has gotten in the way. I am eating well, exercising, very focused but, not completely on track. If evaluating I would give myself a B. Bread and sweets are fine to give up. Lots of cooking has become hard at times. Regarding dairy I use Greek yogurt and not cottage cheese. Volume of wine is more than recommended at times.

Start: 255.5
Today: 240.6
Low: 237.5

Just getting back from hectic a trip and my routine has been challenged. Also, still on TOM. Looking forward to the numbers on May 31st. I will still meet my goal but, they may not be huge. I have cleaned up my eating drastically and do feel better.

I wish you all the best. Hope to start a more active thread.
Cheers

Last edited by celrae; 05-26-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typing
celrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

I'm glad I found people on here doing this program! I was at Target yetserday and was fully content on buying the Clean Diet Recharged. I have been going back and forth between eating a clean diet and a lower carb one. I happened to glance to the other side of the aisle and saw this book. I had seen reviews on some websites and some people on here had mentioned it. I looked at it quickly and thought "what the ****!" I love reading up on the latest news and nutrition and could start a library with all the books and magazines I have. I just love the science behind it all.

Anyways... I read the slow carb section last night and I'm going to give it a go startin this morning. I know I do better on a reduced carb diet but sometimes they are too restrictive and screw me up with mood and how I feel. This program looks manageable and yeah its going to be tough since I live with carbaholics. But I'm really sick of having this extra fat on me. I workout a lot and nothing to show for it. So frustrating. So now I'm going to try what Tim suggests and see what happens!

sorry for the blabbing...
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/175.5/135

Height: 5'2

Hi guys sorry I've been gone for a while.

I've noticed that I'm having a hard time eating 30g of protein within one hour of waking. I used to never eat breakfast and now I'll often find myself spending over an hour to scarf down a bowl of veggies, beans and eggs. I'm thinking I might need to switch it up. What are some of your favorite breakfasts?

Celrae - I suffered a week 4 slump, so I definitely understand where you are coming from. Oddly enough I had my biggest weight loss since week one even though I'd occasionally have a piece of cheese or a tablespoon of peanut butter. Since last week I've been on plan without any little cheats (except for cheat day of course). Next week is my birthday and I'm hoping I can stay on plan at least as well as week 4.

Kritter - (Most days) I find the simplicity of the slow carb diet along with the cheat day to be really effective for keeping me sane. Whenever I do have cravings I just eat something SCD or I drink some water until the craving passes. Some people recommend writing down your cravings throughout the week to get them off your mind. If you are exercising a lot you might want to read a few of Tim's chapters on exercise. I know he modifies the diet a little (like you're allowed to have carbs after an intense workout) to facilitate your body.
patootie is offline   Reply With Quote