Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Whats eating you..the tv show..feelings?

So..i watch what's eating you..and you know what..it doesnt make me more aware, it doesnt make me feel more aware of eating disorders, it doesnt make me be like "oh, i will never do that to my body." ..What it does make me feel is "maybe if i do what they do, i will finally get skinny".

I admit to being an ex-binger, ex-starver, ex-overeater and occasional binger..mostly starving and binging.. I battled it for years and i dont do it anymore..maybe except the occasional binge..but i find that watching these TV shows make me want to go back to it, even watching the Biggest loser, makes me look at myself and say "wow, im fat"

Argh, im so frustrated. I wish personally, that i wasnt so triggered by stuff like that. I just want to be able to watch stuff on tv without saying "oh i look fat, or maybe i should do that, or try this".
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

It's only odd if you think you are alone in that tendency.

Remember these types of shows gain their popularity because viewers to some extent empathize and can see themselves in the situation.

Everyone that battles weight fights those extreme urges. And it's also true for every other type of reality show.

Also, truth is, you probably see yourself as more in line with the 'troubled' side of them, than the recovered side. You can associate better with their defeat, than you can with the victories. (i.e Biggest Loser making you feel fat)

If it's truly bad for your state of mind, then it may call for some self discipline and simply not watching them. Or perhaps it's a simple as recognizing that there will always be a little of you represented in shows like that, and celebrate the fact that those tendencies and urges do not control you.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #3  
lucysam77

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5"4"

watch "biggest loser" for me is more inspirational, make me realize that i can lose the 40 pounds i want.... but "what's eating you" really gives you something to think about, like... what happened if after lose the weight I want (40 pounds) wanted to lose more???? Can lose weight become an obsession???

Last edited by lucysam77; 03-30-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: error
lucysam77 is offline   Reply With Quote