Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/145/135

Height: 5'5

Default I lost control- now I'm dealing with the consequences. Bummer.

This past weekend I had one of "those" days at work.
I asked for help with a project and got rolling eyeballs.
I helped my boss out with something and got humiliated in front of customers because I think she felt embarassed.
Normally I let stuff like that roll of my back but I just felt crushed when I left work. It was like all my latest bad situations jumbled into one big, really bad day.

So I did what I haven't done for over 2 years- I binged.
I didn't eat huge amounts because my stomach just couldn't fit much but I ate waaay more than normal.

And now-

My skin hurts. It literally hurts to touch my skin, anywhere on my body.
My stomach is still distended and it's sore.
I have a headache and weirdly my nose has begun running?
It's like I'm hungover-worse than I've ever been in my life.

The worst part?
My scale is giving me a number over 10 pounds more than I was:

I was 146 when I started and after eating all that crap it was saying 162.
Like OMG?
TO say I'm scared is not enough.
It's been a day since and my weight has only dropped down to 157?

My scale has been seeming to act up recently- occasionally saying I weighed like 100.7 pounds but I weighed one of my weights and it was accurate!

Did I really gain all that weight???

11 freaking pounds?
Kaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

sounds like your scale may need some new batteries!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #3  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Don't freak (i know easy to say hard not to do). Change the batteries. And if that doesn't help.. Go to a store where they have scales out and weigh yourself there and see what they say. Or if you are part of a gym with a scale. Its okay to have one day of where you completely lose control. You realized what happened and you can change that now.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsB View Post
sounds like your scale may need some new batteries!
Agreed!

And you would have had to consume thousands and thousands of calories to gain that much weight! There would be no way!

Drink more water and I bet in a few days youll be back down to where you were. Only thing to do now is move on and get back on plan! You can do it!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Agreed!

And you would have had to consume thousands and thousands of calories to gain that much weight! There would be no way!
Just because the OP gained a lot of weight in a short time doesn't mean she ate 3500 cals for every lb- the weight gained is likely a combination of water retention/bloating, and the sheer weight of a large amount of food. This is different from 1 lb of pure fat that has been on the body for years and takes a 3500 deficit to remove. Think of the opposite- if you fast for 1 day you'll likely lose 1-2 lbs in just one day, but that doesn't mean you created a 3500-7000 deficit in one day by burning 1-2 lbs of fat (few of us have BMRs that high), it has to do with the weight of the food and other factors. Once you return to normal eating you'll pick up that weight very quickly and be back to normal. Similarly, if you weight yourself after a normal sized meal of 400-600 calories you'll be a few lbs heavier, but this doesn't mean you ate 3500-7000 calories.

OP, it does sound like your scale may be a bit wonky, but regardless, weight that comes on VERY quickly after a huge binge will likely come off quickly as your eating returns to normal and as the body processes the food/water associated with the binge. We've all been there, so don't be too hard on yourself... you should be back to normal very soon!

Last edited by indiblue; 03-30-2011 at 09:57 AM.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/145/135

Thank you so much everyone!

I'm trying to be positive but I've just felt devastated.
It's like incredible how hard you have to work to lose weight and how easy it is to slide right back to where you were.
Argh.
Kaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:55 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

It's also incredible how quickly binge weight comes off in some cases. I went up 7 pounds in 4 days of huge (4500+ calories/day) binges, and was back down within a week.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #8  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I can gain 10 pounds over a weekend, it is possible. But like krampus said, get back on track and it will deflate. You'll still be a few pounds up, but not over 10. Drink water, make healthy choices, it'll go down!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote