Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #1  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Having one of "those" days (semi rant)

I am proud of myself. I have been trying to lose weight for only 3 weeks and I have lost 7 pounds. So it's not really the weight loss I'm having issues with today.. One of my friends says she wants to lose weight too. and I'm totally for it!! I would love for her to join in with me and we can work together. I told her we should check in one time a week and let each other know of our progress. And she said her goal for next tuesday is 5 pounds. That seems like too much to me, but I don't want to upset her..

The second part of my rant is I'm a full time student, I work full time, I'm planning a wedding, and I have a little boy who will be 1 on friday. I am a busy lady. My teacher pulled me out of class today and said "your attitude has really deteriorated. You seem to just want to get your work done and get out of class. You don't seem interested" Well yeah I don't want to just hang out and chit chat if I can be home with my family.

Blah. I'm just not in the mood for people I guess.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrbeck View Post
I am proud of myself. I have been trying to lose weight for only 3 weeks and I have lost 7 pounds. So it's not really the weight loss I'm having issues with today.. One of my friends says she wants to lose weight too. and I'm totally for it!! I would love for her to join in with me and we can work together. I told her we should check in one time a week and let each other know of our progress. And she said her goal for next tuesday is 5 pounds. That seems like too much to me, but I don't want to upset her..

The second part of my rant is I'm a full time student, I work full time, I'm planning a wedding, and I have a little boy who will be 1 on friday. I am a busy lady. My teacher pulled me out of class today and said "your attitude has really deteriorated. You seem to just want to get your work done and get out of class. You don't seem interested" Well yeah I don't want to just hang out and chit chat if I can be home with my family.

Blah. I'm just not in the mood for people I guess.
Awesome job on losing 7 pounds!! Keep up the great work.

I would just let your friend figure out her weight loss and not say anything. If she doesn't hit a 5 pound loss by next week, then she'll know that she has to readjust her goals.

And, wow, you are busy!! You have a lot going on!! Are you close with the teacher who pulled you out of class? Maybe he/she was just concerned for you? I'm a grad school instructor and I know what it's like for my students to want to bolt as soon as class is over ~ and I can't blame them ~ I'm ready to bolt, too!! Maybe this person was just really concerned...or did he/she have an attitude?

Last edited by Emme; 03-29-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #3  
Keep on Keep'in on

I think my teacher was just like upset that I didn't offer to help with the other students. It's a computer class.. over medical software. Like billing, scheduling, and etc. And I normally don't mind helping out where I am needed. But when people are asking me about every single step it's stressful. This is the first time I have had this teacher, we meet once a week, and she is not computer savvy. I don't mind helping but today I just want to go home. haha Ugh My fiance will start working nights on Monday so next week Maybe I will stay and help out because now I feel bad.

Being on a "healthy" plan (i hate the word diet) is giving me emotional up and downs I think. One of my bridesmaid just text me and asked me if we could exchange her dress for a size 2 and that just makes me feel terrible. I wish I could be as skinny as they are. And to answer her question no we can't i got them online.. clearance.. 10 bucks a dress (so happy about that). I dont want to be a fat bride.

Wow sorry for so much ranting and self pity!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #4  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrbeck View Post
I think my teacher was just like upset that I didn't offer to help with the other students. It's a computer class.. over medical software. Like billing, scheduling, and etc. And I normally don't mind helping out where I am needed. But when people are asking me about every single step it's stressful. This is the first time I have had this teacher, we meet once a week, and she is not computer savvy. I don't mind helping but today I just want to go home. haha Ugh My fiance will start working nights on Monday so next week Maybe I will stay and help out because now I feel bad.

Being on a "healthy" plan (i hate the word diet) is giving me emotional up and downs I think. One of my bridesmaid just text me and asked me if we could exchange her dress for a size 2 and that just makes me feel terrible. I wish I could be as skinny as they are. And to answer her question no we can't i got them online.. clearance.. 10 bucks a dress (so happy about that). I dont want to be a fat bride.

Wow sorry for so much ranting and self pity!
Hmmm...well it sounds like the teacher was upset that you couldn't do her job for her! I would have not helped, either ~ it's her job to teach...geez!!

Yes, eating differently can affect you if you are trying to get used to something and eliminating certain things. Don't let your bridesmaid's size stress you out!! Everyone is different ~ tell her to just have it taken in. I'm sure you'll be gorgeous on your upcoming wedding day!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Wow not really any of her business is it? You aren't obligated to stay longer EVER- I'd probably have told her that I have a family outside of this class and can't stick around like others who have no responsibility other than school.

Seriously that'd tick me off.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #6  
Keep on Keep'in on

I told her I was busy! I mean my son still ISNT sleeping through the night. We still get up 2 times at least a night! And he's been sick plus he's teething. and his birthday is coming up so that's emotional for me! haha she doesnt have any children so she doesnt understand that. I have also cut out a lot of caffiene. She can't expect me to be chipper all the time haha