Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #1  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

Default Thinking about buying a Wii

So I have been really debating on to buy a Wii or not. I hear it is a great work out fun for the entire family and on and on. Do any of you have one? WHat are the pros and cons and are there any really great games that you really really love???
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

I love my wii. Get the wii fit. The boxing on there is brilliant. And it helps you to align your balance. I've found that I get best results using it everyday. It weighs you, and lets you set targets. Plus it gives you pointers to help you along the way. Its obviously not the best form of exercise, but until I feel "fit enough" to go to the gym, I think using the wii is good. Plus, there are loads of good games you can getforit like bowling and that, which are good fun if you wanna have friends or family round.
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6''

I love my wii!! My boyfriend and I love it because we're not really "gamers" and this is an affordable alternative to systems that a a bit more pricey. The wii will come with Wii sports and we actually play that a lot. Although we quickly figured out how to master each game sitting down....
My sister has some dance game that she said she and her family just love. I haven't tried that one yet. But, I've found that pretty much every game has been a lot of fun. You should get it!!
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Oh you can also buy an exercise bike you can attach to your wii. Which you go round courses on. I think thats really good. And I really wanna get one. I've heard the dancing and yoga discs are good too. I think biggest loser have a wii game (I could be wrong though)
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

I agree with MusicalJess. It's a good stopgap if you don't feel "gym" or normal exercise ready, but beyond that you'll still feel wanting after using it. I think the best part about it is the information, tracking, and goals. It allows you to kind of itemize your weight loss, place certain goals, and improve your posture and balance.

As a gamer I was pretty disappointed and returned to the Xbox, but I don't you're looking at getting one for that reason.

My bottom line would be, if you feel you're "gym ready" - spend the money on a membership instead.

-L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote