Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Nurture myself, my skin, nails, hair

I have been making sure that i take the time to care for myself in other ways along with diet and excercise. Every day I take the time to apply body lotion after my shower. I have started to use a couple of different facial masks twice each week.

I am working to keep my nails done and my toes painted at all times. I really think that taking care of myself, in general, fits with trying to lose weight. Being obese is a dehumanizing, desexualizing experience. I hope that I can take good care of myself now, and not wait until I am thinner to do the right things.

Is this working for anyone else?
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #2  
Lady-in-training!

S/C/G: Heaviest: 215/202/168/130

Height: 5'5"

Your attitude is wonderful, and I wish I had your insight earlier during my weight loss journey when I didn't feel I was worth the effort. I agree that being obese is desexualizing, as this certainly was the case for me for many years of my life. To answer your question, I lose better (am more motivated to adhere to my plan) when I feel good about my appearance, and I feel good about myself when I put in the effort to maintain other aspects of my appearance -- getting hair done, moisturizing, applying makeup, etc.
gtech2mit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186.6/166.6/150

Height: 5'2"

We deserve these things regardless of our weight. We are women and are entitled to look good, feel good and take EXCELLENT care of ourselves! Besides, I know that I feel so much better when I do the things that I deserve. Have a wonderful day and PAMPER ON!!!!
proulxliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

The more I lose the more I find myself pampering myself. I treated myself to a department store brand skin care package (didn't hurt that the gift with purchase was nice too). I also find myself painting my fingernails more often, and wearing perfume.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #5  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
I have been making sure that i take the time to care for myself in other ways along with diet and excercise. Every day I take the time to apply body lotion after my shower. I have started to use a couple of different facial masks twice each week.

I am working to keep my nails done and my toes painted at all times. I really think that taking care of myself, in general, fits with trying to lose weight. Being obese is a dehumanizing, desexualizing experience. I hope that I can take good care of myself now, and not wait until I am thinner to do the right things.

Is this working for anyone else?
It's a little strange but i have taken to better care of myself as well, the strange part is i'm a man, i also use lotion daily after my evening shower, hands / feet / face and apply cologne when going out just so i smell half decent towards others, it helps that i can actually dress with a bit of decorum now.

Last edited by Resolute; 03-27-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #6  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxliu View Post
We deserve these things regardless of our weight. We are women and are entitled to look good, feel good and take EXCELLENT care of ourselves! Besides, I know that I feel so much better when I do the things that I deserve. Have a wonderful day and PAMPER ON!!!!
You are so right! And I agree I always feel so much better and I love pamper days. I need one soon!
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Currrent:287

Height: 5'4

Omg! Yes I have really been doing so much more for myself lately since ive bee dieting. Usually I dont feel worthy of any pamering and im slowly getting back to the diva I use to be. I miss the old me So now im happy and taking things one day at a time.
imtryingtotry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: >138/124/114

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxliu View Post
We deserve these things regardless of our weight. We are human and are entitled to look good, feel good and take EXCELLENT care of ourselves!
Fix'd. Men, women, everything out of that binary ought to treat themselves with love and respect.
I believe that everyone should love their body, because it's the only one we're going to get. Accepting your body might be harder, but there should always be love for it and they way it can carry you and let you see and hear and taste and touch and smell
Idealistic, I know, but I feel that there is so much more to your body, to yourself, than a number on a scale or tape measure or weight.
Just my $0.02.
Esenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/185/150?

Height: 5'6

This is so important...when I take good care of myself that trickles down to my loved ones as well. It's easier to nurture others if I nurture myself too. Weight loss can become all about deprivation rather than loving and getting to know the body we've been given.

For me, weight gains can happen when I'm feeling vulnerable about my sexuality or womanhood...it's not always the weight gain that comes first. Taking care to nurture my femininity (that doesn't mean just beauty...but my total unique womanhood) in a healthy way is very important to having a better weight. Taking inventory of my issues around allowing myself to enjoy taking care of myself and look my best has proved a bigger part of my weight loss journey than I thought it would be.
sarahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Keep on taking care of ourselves!
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'11

Treating yourself is the best way to not only look good, but feel better about yourself. When someone feels beautiful and well taken care of, it shows. I love doing my nails and buying makeup. Only in the last few years I have become more girly and I love it. I love applying makeup and doing my hair. It makes me feel better about myself to know that I take good care of myself. Keep it up..... its a great motivator too with the weight loss when you look in the mirror and are happy with what you see.
Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Since I started my weightloss journey, for the first time in 18 years, I have not been biting my nails, and it's been an effortless change when years before it's been insurmountable. I have been keeping them long, neatly filed, and painted. I guess before I started losing I really didn't feel I deserved it so much-In my mind, I wasn't beautiful, I didn't even deserve to be, so why try? But, I now realize that's dysfunctional, and I look in the mirror and actually DO think I'm beautiful. Nice.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

I rarely wear makeup and I don't paint my nails unless I remember to. I'd love to pamper myself more often but I guess I just don't make time for me anymore. I used to be obsessive about looking and feeling good. Since I've gained weight it seems to be less imortant.

Last edited by MusicalJess; 04-07-2011 at 03:09 PM.
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/185/150?

Deciding to take care of myself while I was still pretty overweight spurred me to make some changes . I felt like even if I never lost the weight I needed an internal makeover first. I needed to start treating myself better instead of thinking I needed to be "skinnier, more self-controlled, whatever." I am a recovering perfectionist. If I couldn't do it right all the time, I wouldn't try at all.

Last edited by sarahmac; 04-07-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling
sarahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

MusicalJess, I've done the same thing as you. After the weight gain pampering myself pretty much went out the window (except on very rare occasions). I always either never have the time or I make up excuses. It's important to pamper because it does help lift the mood but it's so much easier to forget about it.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote