Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/170/155

Height: 5"4

Default Those last few pounds

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted in a long time. I forgot my password, but finally managed to find it.
I had lapband in 2008. I am a slowpoke, but the weight has slowly but surely come off.
I hope I can get some insight from folks out there who are getting close to their goal or there who can help me stay on focus for those last 12-15 pounds.
I'm eating really well. Following the lapband rules and my exercise activities have been good, but I feel nervous. I've never been to my goal weight before and I'm afraid of what to do when I get there. Not sure how to describe what is going through my brain other than that.

Cheers,
Zombie
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

It's amazing how afraid of success we can be, isn't it? You've done a great job. did you know that 3fc has a maintainers forum? lots of good info there. One of the most important things i learned is that MAINTAINING LOOKS A LOT LIKE LOSING. I guess this is what the docs say when they tell us that this surgery is for life!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/170/155

Height: 5"4

Hi Jillypop.
I think you are right about maintaining is a lot like losing and it is for the rest of our lives. I'll be sure to check out the maintainers forum.
BTW, you've done an awesome job too!!
Zombie.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote