Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

Default Lithium

I was just put on this medication. Does anyone have any experience with it? Did it make you lose or gain weight?
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/225/150

Height: 5'7"

I've been on lithium for quite some time now. It hasn't really affected my weight; I blame other medications for that. The one thing that you have to watch out for is that it can make you super thirsty. So make sure you're drinking water and not pop or juice that are high in calories. Good luck with this new medication. I really hope it works out for you!
cori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

It's been making me super tired and nauseous, but I still can't fall asleep and stay asleep at night. The last 3 nights I have tossed and turned and I am exhausted now. I just hope that doesn't last too long.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/133/126

Height: 5' 9"

I Have been on Lithium for the past 5 years for Bipolar II, and i have not gained weight on it, in fact i have lost weight over that time. it DID however take a while for my body to get used to the drug and to reach the right therapeutic dose. I am also on Lamictal, which again, has not caused any weight gain.

i do add a caveat here - i have been consciously losing weight during this time and i am a naturally healthy eater. I'd gained weight prior to starting the lithium (a number of reasons), and I've been losing ever since.

For me Lithium has been a wonder drug, it literally saved my life.
RummyMcGin is offline   Reply With Quote