Old 03-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #1  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default Super Veggie Drink

I bought a container of the Super Veggie Drink because I have a real hard time eating veggies. The consultant told me to mix it with a small amount of water and shoot it just to get it down quicker. I mixed it up, and it scared me.. it's VERY green.. dark green and the smell of it scared me before I added water to it. So I just mixed it with 4 ounces of water. After shaking it really well, I took a sip and it's rather suprisingly kinda good. Tastes kinda like mint. I'm wondering if anyone has had these and if they mix it with anything other than water? I was thinking, when I can have creamies, if I used the chocolate pudding one and mixed in this powder then it would taste like chocolate mint - then I would be having a dessert for lunch which was really my veggie! Let me know what ya think
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #2  
Maintenance chick!

S/C/G: 172/131.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Talking

I get the Super Fruit and Veggie. (The Red one) I know it has a different flavor and they are both acquired tastes. However, I like to mix mine with either an HNS or a fiber fufill packet. Some people like the lemon flavor with theirs. I have been trying different ones. I like Pink Lemonade, Orange, Kiwi and the fiber is super yummy. It keeps me from having to cook a veggie lol. I don't use a creamy because I use my creamy in the morning for my creamer in my decaf! But maybe that choco mint idea might work...I dunno...worth a shot I guess
saturntwenty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

I agree that the Super Veggie and the Fruit and Veggie drink are acquired tastes. I prefer the Super Veggie, but I always mix it with an HNS, preferably grape or mixed berry. But I will have to try the lemon HNS with it. Darn, I just ran out too...guess I'll have to buy some more.
namaste1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste1969 View Post
I agree that the Super Veggie and the Fruit and Veggie drink are acquired tastes. I prefer the Super Veggie, but I always mix it with an HNS, preferably grape or mixed berry. But I will have to try the lemon HNS with it. Darn, I just ran out too...guess I'll have to buy some more.
I have the Super Veggie and absolutely, positively, without a doubt HATE IT! I live in Colorado, too. Do you want it?
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #5  
Started March 26, 2011

So when I said it was suprisingly good.. that was just a sip of it and not the whole thing. For dinner, that same day, I only mixed it with 2oz. of water, pinched my nose and shot it, then quickly grabbed my HNS (which was already mixed with water) for a different flavor then a sip of water.. THEN let my nose go. I mixed some today for lunch in 2oz. but I'm going to try putting in more water and adding my HNS. Thanks for the tips!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #6  
Started March 26, 2011

Hmmmm.. tried it with a grape HNS at lunch and did not like it at all! I had to pinch my nose to drink the rest of it. Guess I'm just going to have to shoot it to get it down and out of the way.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/175/155

Smile Super Fruit and veggie mix

sadly...I too used to hate this stuff! I actually mixed it with a lemonade or wild berry HNS at about 4PM in my shaker ball mixer with 12 oz of water and I add Ice too! The it wasn't too bad to drink!

Sometimes, I think the mixture was too think, thats why I added more water!

Oddly, enough....I've gotten used to this super fruit veggie stuff...and I cannot seem to go with out it!
So...on that note......I would be willing to take/purchase (reasonable) your super fruit/veggie mix , green or red, but prefer the red....just contact me.
ColoradoGirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

...cleaned out pantry last week and tossed it. Sorry!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/183/155

Height: 5'7

Yes I have been mixing my super fruit and veggie scoop with my one "creamy" HNS pudding. Didn't like the "pudding" itself, but mixed together in a blender with water, ice and just a few pieces of fresh blueberries or strawberries, it was a pretty good shake! I tend to make those right when I get home from work and they usually fill me right up. Vanilla with the SFV mix is good, even with chocolate pudding it was like a choc/fruit flavored. Better than the mix and water alone!
mom2ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Is this something recent-the veggie drink? I've been doing this without going to the center and sounds like I'm missing something.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #11  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Is this something recent-the veggie drink? I've been doing this without going to the center and sounds like I'm missing something.
little edie,
As far as I know, these are new. When I went to my food class a few weeks ago they mentioned them. There is a Super Veggie Drink and a Super Fruit/Veggie Drink. I like fruit, I just don't like veggies... so it works great! Tonight, I didn't feel like eating meat as my protein so I had 2 eggs, corn tortilla, my HNS and drank the veggie drink. It's really convenient!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #12  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I had been told that you can only use the drink to replace your veggies up to 3x per week. Between that and the terrible taste I was told about (one person at my center said it looks and smells like baby poo), I figured it just wasn't worth it for me.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #13  
Started March 26, 2011

My center hasn't said anything about 3x per week. And I have a very detailed food sheet so they see that I'm drinking it everyday for lunch and at least 3x for dinner. I haven't tried the Fruit/Veggie one but the Veggie one is green and I mix it with about 3-4oz. of water, shake it up really good and just shoot it. It has a strong speariment flavor. One consultant did state that I can't do this forever because eventually the goal is to get off all the supplements. Which I understand so I try to introduce myself to new veggies.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you candi and teacherlady.

I like vegetables but sometimes I'd rather just do something quick. I may try to find the equivalent on Dietdirect.com and give it a try.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #15  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Thank you candi and teacherlady.

I like vegetables but sometimes I'd rather just do something quick. I may try to find the equivalent on Dietdirect.com and give it a try.
Let me know if you find something.. maybe it'll taste a lot better then drinking this green stuff.