Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #1  
Doing This For My Future!

Question Induction on Atikins

I was wondering, how long do I stay on Induction? I have about 80bs to lose to get to my goal weight. It says at least 14 days, Can I stay on induction as long as I want? Anyone know of a general rule? I have the book, and maybe missed this part, but cant find it anywhere.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:23 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Manda and welcome to 3FC Low Carbers!

You can stay on Induction as long as you want. However, most people get bored and start adding back carbs 5 grams each week as long as they continue to lose.

Come over to Low Carb! and introduce yourself and post on the daily. There's lots of fun and support on this Forum.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:39 PM   #3  

Default Hi

I have been low carbing since October and while I am by no means an expert I can tell you what I did (I lost 40lbs and counting) I stayed on induction to a point
while I added things that are not on the excepted food list I also try top keep my total carbs below 20g I use www.fitday.com to keep track and when I get close to 20g I evaluate what I've eaten and what I can eat for the rest of the day and I am never hungry and basically dont feel at all deprived. Hope that helps.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:42 AM   #4  

I have yet to embrace induction plan in full, because I am kind of at a loss... I've been trying to wing myself onto/into the induction plan for 3 weeks now, and I just need some encouragement. I'm a creature of habit who use to eat toast every single morning for brkfeast, but now I gave up bread going on 3wks now.. I get hungry before lunch and don't seem to have a good selection nor idea what to eat... I use to eat a high carb snack before lunch.

Ok, here is my problem... Brkfeast is a struggle, I don't know what to eat. Lunch is not a struggle, dinner so far is not a struggle, because I've learned to make some wonderful omletes/ quiche type dinners. But I need to get away from eating eggs every single day at times...

Overall, I just need support with the induction, before lunch snack, and brkfeast ideas... No egg suggestion, please..

Thanks, Denise
Old 01-18-2003, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I eat meat for breakfast, usually leftover last night's dinner. There's a thread on the low carb board where people post their menu's, that gives great ideas! Come on up and join us!!
Old 03-02-2003, 02:18 PM   #6  

Where is the low carb board and how do you get there?

Lorrie
Old 03-02-2003, 06:24 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

it is the section just above this area.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:25 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

it is labled simply low carb

the url is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...?s=&forumid=42