Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/186.3/not sure yet

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Question for Weight Watchers -- How do you alter the plan?

Hi All,

I had a tough couple of days, and I went over my points -- including my weekly points allowance. I weigh in on Wednesdays -- so I blew my points w/in the first two days.

This is a time when, in the past, I would just kinda give up for the week. Since I have already completely gone off plan, I would say that I should just start over next week. I DON'T want to do this...

So...

What should I do instead? I am a little rigid with the rules of WW, so I don't know how to "break" them. I thought about just not tracking yesterdays food, and pretending it didn't happen. But, that doesn't seem like a good idea. I thought about trying to stay within my daily points for the rest of the week -- but, I'm worried that I won't be able to do that every single day. I usually use my weekly points allowance to buffer throughout the week (rather than to splurge).

What are your suggestions or recommendations for how to adapt for the rest of this week?

Thanks for your help!
hope4balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Earn some Activity Points and use those.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

When I have a bad day, I generally try to keep as close to plan as possible for the rest of the week. I really dislike letting a bad day turn into a bad week. I would go ahead and count the bad days and let that be a motivator to stay on plan for the rest of the week.
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #4  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

You have to forget about the past and move on. You can not use your weekly points again until next way in so just as seagirl said, exercise and earn a few extra points each day.
I think we all have been there where we use all of our weekly's in one day (well I know I have). I would just start over the next day, exercised and only used my daily points. Just keep your head held high, you can do it!
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'4

I did that a few weeks ago. I just wiped out all my WP and stayed within my DP for the rest of the week. It worked out in my favor though because I was forced to earn AP if I wanted anything extra and I actually lost 2 pounds that week.
Wendyybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/186.3/not sure yet

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks for the suggestions and motivation!

Since I actually went over my weekly allowance (oops ), do you think that I should try to make up those points with activity points? Or just start fresh today?
hope4balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4balance View Post
Thanks for the suggestions and motivation!

Since I actually went over my weekly allowance (oops ), do you think that I should try to make up those points with activity points? Or just start fresh today?
It really depends on what you are comfortable with. I would try and make it up with AP unless it is an insane amount and would be practically impossible to recover in 5 days. If that is the case, I would stay within my DP for the next 5 days and hope to not see an increase on the scale. Whatever you choose to do, good luck and lots of
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

I would start following program and try to stay within daily points for the rest of the week. If you can't then stay as close as possible. Sure, do some activity points but I wouldn't stress over trying to make up all the "extra" points used up.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #9  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

yesterday i had a REALLY bad day. there was a potluck at work so I had eaten all my daily points by the time i got out at 5pm. then i went to class for 2 hours so when i got out, i was famished...and i ended up hitting up a fast food drive thru and eating two small bacon cheeseburgers...UGH. i used up most of my weekly points just on dinner last nite.

i felt so so so bad when i went to bed last nite but i just figured that i have 4 more days until my weekly Weigh In to turn it around. im going to watch what i eat for the next few days like a hawk, drink much more water, watch my sodium and carb intake and hit the gym extra hard this weekend.

dont give up just cuz you had one bad day. just turn it around the next morning.
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

How many points are you talking about?

I wouldn't try to make them up unless it's a manageable number (like less than 10). I would stay at my daily points target and work out (and not eat the APs). The most important thing is to really think about what led you to eat such a high amount of points and maybe come up with a strategy to do things differently next time.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote