Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/354/180

Height: 5'9"

Default What I won't miss about being fat!!

These are things that I wont miss about being fat..things I look forward to and keep me motivated!!

*I came up with the list a long time ago on my previous name, but I added to it and improved it!*

Please feel free to post your own things you WONT miss, or NO LONGER miss because you made it to goal (or almost there ;-))

-I am tired of being tired.

-I want to fit into cute clothes and be able to ride all the rides at amusement parks and the county fair.

-I want to sit in an airplane seat without the "armrest"(for me its a hip torture device) and seatbelt digging into me.
-I want to stop getting negative looks when im out with my (very attractive) boyfriend.

-I want to be attractive for him, and although he already says I am, I want to feel it myself.

I dont want my hipbones to stick out, I dont want to see every rib. I want to be healthy. I DO want to look better, but I really want to feel better. I have so many insecurities because of my weight. Someone can be telling a joke in the mall with a group of people and I automatically assume theyre laughing at me. I feel like total strangers talk badly about me.
I feel like my boyfriends thoughts are "fat", "gross", "ugly"..

i want him to want to show me off to his friends, and be proud in public.

I want to feel confident

-I want to go into victorias secret and be able to buy something OTHER than lotion or body spray

-I want to go into a cute clothing store with friends, and actually be able to buy the clothes, and not just go over to the sunglasses and accessories.

I want to eat only when I am hungry, and use food as fuel

I want to be able to walk a few blocks and not get short of breath

I want to be able to wear jeans below my belly button

I want people to stop saying "you have such a pretty face"

I want to NOT have to wear bike shorts under skirts because my thighs rub together...gross, i know, but its a plague i face lol

i want to STOP paying 35$ for a tshirt, just because of the "fat-tax"..sorry but that extra fabric doesnt cost that much to make, i know it

i want to be able to shop at more than 2 stores for clothes..those are the only ones that carry my size

i want to not dread walking by a group of people, in fear of what i think they are thinking about me

I want to sit on a couch without holding a pillow on my lap, i want to cross my legs, and stop putting my purse/jacket over my lap in public

i want to stop that sudden fear before sitting in a restaurant booth that i just might not fit..i actually gauge which side is bigger and hurry to sit there

i want to stop being looked at when i eat in public..people just gawk at me..but when i eat a salad people laugh..what gives??

i want to be in single digit ring sizes/wear normal sized bracelets and rings

um, i want to be able to shave my thighs!..and my legs in a reasonable amount of time..

i want to be able to walk on surfaces without fearing they might break or something..

i want to be able to just hop into someones car without fearing the seatbelt wont fit, or ill break the seat or something

i want to sit in chairs with armrests

i want to be able to comfortably paint my toes, without literally having to catch my breath every few seconds

i want to be able to wear summer clothes, because its going to be freakin hot outside, and i have to wear jeans and tshirts

I am such a girly girl at heart, I have a great fashion sense and I love fashion magazines..I should be able to wear the things I see in there..not just the "full figure" suggestions on one page out of 300

I really want to be healthy. I want my joints and back to stop hurting. I want my knees to not feel like Im an 80 year old. They creak, crack, pop and HURT!

i want to not have chest pains at 21 years old

i want to break free of this fatsuit forever!!

I know people are probably saying "suck it up, you did this to yourself"..i know, trust me. BUT im trying so hard to take control of this..but these are things that I face daily, and Im sure others do as well..
I just needed to get these things off my chest, and I want to say bye bye to NOT fitting into life..forever!
SomethingBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #2  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

i like your list! i think i've thought at least 90% of those on one occasion or another.

but my addition would be, i'd like to go hiking with my fiance. he loves it and i love the out doors, but i went on a 2 mile hike with him last year and i about died because i had such a hard time breathing.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

- worrying about taking up more than one seat on the bus
- worrying that clothes wouldn't run in my size in certain stores
- thinking fat = ugly(it doesn't, but thats only something that changed when I lost weight..realizing I wasn't AT ALL)
- being embarrassed to go to fast food restaurants or eat any sort of junk food in front of people (I don't do this anymore anyways, but if I treat myself to an ice cream when I'm out I'm no longer thinking "oh god people must think I'm gross")
- tugging shirts down over my tummy and pulling pants over my lovehandles uncomfortably because I was in denial about my size and buying clothes too small or refusing to retire clothes that had gotten too small
-
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/ticker/120

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Great post...you put my thoughts on paper!
thelast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Same. I always pass a fast food place on my way to uni and they do a really good coffee, but I feel embarassed walking into it in case anyone sees me. Because (even though they probably aren't) I get it into my head that they are thinking I'm going in to stuff myself with junk food. I want that feeling to go away
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #6  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

i want to feel confident enough to go on dates! right now i have zero confidence and cant believe any man would be genuinely attracted to me.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #7  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

What I won't miss:
*The fear of eating in public
*The fear that everyone is talking about me or making fun of me
*Getting winded taking my laundry out to the car
*Not being able to shop in "normal" clothing stores
*Not being able to reach *ahem* certain places with a razor
*My PCOS symptoms

I'm sure I can add to this list, but these are the things that bother me the most right now.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #8  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I won't miss having to find something that I can bear wearing in a plus sized store.

I won't miss having underwear that look like parachutes.

I won't miss looking around the room and finding I'm the biggest person (not just biggest woman)
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #9  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I have lost some weight so a few of these things are more like, “I don’t miss….” but this is what I would have written back in January.

I won’t miss making up excuses as to why I don’t want to meet up with a friend who hasn’t seen me in a while……or simply because I don’t want to go out.

I won’t miss having anxiety about running into an old boyfriend who remembered me at my smallest. Right now, I am smaller than that!

I won’t miss yanking my shirt out from between my fat rolls. (I still do this tho as it’s become a habit)

I won’t miss looking for external validation from stupid boys who don’t deserve MY attention.

I won’t miss being afraid of some stranger calling me fat out of nowhere.

I won’t miss my breathing being cut off when I have to tie my shoes.

I won’t miss Lane Bryant.

Last edited by ShanIAm; 03-25-2011 at 08:36 AM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

I want the 30 pounds I haul up a mountain to be in my backpack, not around my waist.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #11  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Red face

I won't miss

* being afraid of the camera

* being afraid to take chances and try new things

* not fitting into my clothes and having nothing to wear

* having my period disappear for a year making me worried sick

* being embarrassed to go out and be seen in public

* the self-hatred and self-pity that would consume me

* feeling helpless and addicted to junk food

* being asked how far along I was

* staring enviously at my thinner friends who could pull off the latest trends

* being out of breath on the treadmill after 1-2 minutes of jogging

* having a FB profile picture that's 3 years old to avoid reality

* being an MIA girlfriend at events and my boyfriend having to go to things alone because I was too embarrassed to leave the apartment

I'm sure the list goes on and on but these are the few that come to mind
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Oh, somethingbeautiful, those are mostly my thoughts! I want to be able to be normal. I don't want to be ruled by food. I want to be able to smile at people just because I love to smile without people not looking up to meet my gaze because I'm invisible! I want to hold my head up high and know that I deserve to be treated well by everyone, not put up with sub par treatment because I think on some level that I deserve nothing better. I want to go dance at the club with hubby and not be the biggest gal' there!

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 03-25-2011 at 08:39 AM.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I won't miss
*having to go to the plus size section if i want to find something that fits me
*feeling nervous about sitting in wobbly or plastic chairs
*hearing people tell me you'd be so pretty if you just lost weight
*feeling like i'm squished on in on and airplane or the bus
*catching people making comments about my weight
*my sleep apnea (already gone. woot!)
*feeling winded after going up two flights of stairs
*feeling outraged at how fat i look in pictures
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

These are great.
Things I won't miss~
my panties rolling down under my belly
getting winded going up ONE flight of stairs
my double chin
feeling ugly
being unhealthy

Things I look forward to~
shopping for cute clothes and enjoying it!!
being able to find shoes that fit
Being able to tie my shoes without squishing my tummy
laying on the couch together with my hubby w/out hanging off the edge.
feeling better, being healthy
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Things I wont miss about being fat.... or the things I look forward to when I am not fat I guess

The big one.... * Being able to play with my kids for longer then 5/10 mins at a time with out being winded and exhausted.

* To not have back and knee pain. My doctor thinks my back will be better once I lose weight. I have spent 10 years in so much pain I just want it gone!!!

* To feel good about my self
* To go shopping with my friends and actually enjoy it.
* To feel comfortable getting undressed in front of my husband (this is not his fault at all!) I really want him to be able to pick me up with out looking like its gonna kill him!
* To live longer so I can see my babies and my grand babies grow and maybe even see my great grand babies!!!

Im sure there are more little reasons but these are the main ones health and looking/feeling good!

This is what keeps me going! Good luck laides!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote