Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Question Newbiw in need of some ideas

I just started the program on Tuesday and so far so good. I don't like the puddings or the wildberry yogurt (icky!) but have been reading the suggestions for making them better and will try those. I do like the soups I've tried except the leek soup and some of the drinks are okay. Think I'll experiment with them some.

I was told by my coach not to use anything that isn't on the list for Phase 1. I have been on Facebook and on here and am wondering if certain things are okay, in particular fat free chicken broth. Since we can't cook with much that flavors the food, I was thinking this would be a good alternative.

I am also looking for opinions on the foods. I like savory foods as opposed to sweets. What do you like? Why do you like it? What kind of experimenting have you done with it? Those types of things.

Any thoughts?
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/156/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post
I just started the program on Tuesday and so far so good. I don't like the puddings or the wildberry yogurt (icky!) but have been reading the suggestions for making them better and will try those. I do like the soups I've tried except the leek soup and some of the drinks are okay. Think I'll experiment with them some.

I was told by my coach not to use anything that isn't on the list for Phase 1. I have been on Facebook and on here and am wondering if certain things are okay, in particular fat free chicken broth. Since we can't cook with much that flavors the food, I was thinking this would be a good alternative.

I am also looking for opinions on the foods. I like savory foods as opposed to sweets. What do you like? Why do you like it? What kind of experimenting have you done with it? Those types of things.

Any thoughts?
I like the vanilla pudding with WF chocolate and carmel sauce on top, I put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. It is sooo good.
Susanmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post

Any thoughts?
Welcome Lindacraig to IP. I love this diet and I've found it to be easy....can get boaring if you don't learn to mix it up. You can check the recipe threads...there are 2 and it's a sticky at the top of the IP forum. Also, if you have any questions it's usually best to post them on the daily chat...you get a lot more traffic on that thread and will get answerings to your questions more quickly. it's just a great place to go and get information about IP daily. Also check out all the stickys at the top exspecially the one for Newbies.

I like to add cooked mushrooms and bell peppers to the Omelet. I add the mushrooms and bell peppers to a non-stick pan to warm up then add the egg mixture....mix it up like scrambled eggs instead of an omelet. I keep cooked mushrooms and bell peppers on hand in the refrigerator for salads, the omelet, the mushroom soup and will add to cooked chicken breast towards the end of it's cooking time. I try to take a day and cut up my veggies and cook them and any meat. The most important thing is to be prepared. You can get Waldon Farms dressings and dips at your local grocery store or on line. They really take some getting used to...I really don't like it. I like to mix oil, apple cider vinegar, splenda and italian seasoning. There are more on the recipe thread. I also get sugar free syrups like DaVinci. There are several flavors like carmel, hazelnut, vanilla...I add them to my puddings/shakes and my cappuccino of which I add hot coffee to...heat for about 30 seconds...add my sf syrup and I have a great tasting cappuccino.

These are just a few suggestions but there are a lot more on the recipe threads. Good Luck!
CarrieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am on day 12 today, so just getting comfortable with the program.

- I love the chocolate drink box as my evening snack - really good, chocolaty and satisfying;
- I love the vanilla drink box for breakfast - reminds me of vanilla ice cream;
- For a change, I might have the cereal for breakfast or lunch but I find that you have to stir constantly as there is a powdery residue to it;
- I find the omelet tasty but very heavy and very filling. I save them for weekends;
- I was not crazy about the leek soup;
- I like the mushroom soup with cooked mushrooms and garlic added;
- I like the tomato basil soup with a capful of apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and extra basil mixed in - I drink it from a cup;
- I really enjoyed the chocolate muffin/pancake mix (as a muffin: yielded 2 mini muffins - a really nice treat);
- I absolutely loved the salt & vinegar ridges... too bad they are restricted!

My coach allowed me to buy/have 2 restricteds in my first week. I lost 5 lbs my first week.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote