Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 09:59 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default 4 days to Christmas Eve!!

Not including today, that is....

I thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone is about today - has been really quiet around here!!

BBL
Old 12-19-2002, 10:11 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Good morning girls! I have to go back and read yesterday's thread to see what was going on.

I am over the stomach thing, but the cough is pretty bad - I am on an antibiotic as they think I have borderline pnemonia! AGH! I have been sleeping on the couch ever since. And then I had to go shopping with my dad's wife yesterday - it was painful, to say the least. She kept hinting that b/f doesn't see her enough and that I shoud see my father more....I was like you know what? He didnt' have the time of day for me as a child and was too busy with his career and various mistresses to take time to see me once a month, so why should I now?? Its like that song by Cat Stevens - the man in the moon song, you know it? I see no reason why I should go out of my way for him. Mom, that is different. She'd bend over backwards for us kids but not him. So I see mom once a week, sometimes more. She deserves it. You can't decide after 26 years of neglecting your kid that they should visit you more. Nope, doesn't work that way.

Anyway, I was in a bad mood after that then I came home and had a fight with b/f. Our fights are short and include much swearing. We both tell eachother to f-off then make up....so it wasn't bad. We laughed about it on the way to work.

But I am pretty depressed, being sick and all and its frustrating. Tonight I have to take my godson for xmas dinner - its not that I don't like him, its that he is the nephew of my ex b/f and I dispise his family. Ex b/f's mom is coming as well so I am brining my mom - as a buffer. I feel bad using mom that way, but she likes to socialize and doesn't mind at all. I hope to be home by 7pm!! Hope hope!!

Well, I hope you are all well and happy and ready for xmas! I'll be in andout all week next week as I don't work and am staying home this year...I hope there are some of you around!!

BBL!
Old 12-19-2002, 12:53 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

Hi Belle - Hope you're not too lonely on the board today - here I am to make some entertaining chatter. I'm wearing my elf hat today - it's red and has green ears an a bell on top - it entertains everyone. We have our Christmas gathering at lunch - pizza, how festive, and we have to pay for it, oh well. For any Amazing Race watchers out there - I am very disappointed that Ken and Gerard didn't win but glad Terry and Ian didn't.
Belle - make sure you take the full course of antiboitics - don't stop until they're gone - you need to start the new year off healthy. I don't think you're being unreasonable about your dad - totally Cat's in the Cradle - If your ex's mom gets too annoying just be happy that you're not actually related to her and probably won't see her again all year.

OK - better go do some work. I'll be back
KT
Old 12-19-2002, 02:09 PM   #4  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hey girls!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I worked 13 hours and wrote -- count 'em -- four stories for my newspaper. Usually I don't do that many in a day. I was exhausted when I got home, and I'm still exhausted because I got up early to go cover a manslaughter trial and found out it was continued when I got there. Grrr.

I could sleep right now.

Working like that, I eat like crap. Dairy Queen chicken fingers for lunch, but I did get a salad at 10 p.m.

Up, oh, gotta run. Back later!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:28 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Hi KT! Glad to hear you are in the spirit! We still don't have snow in Calgary - its sunny and warm! We might have a dusting of snow for christmas day...but I hear the skiing in the mountains is good so I figure we'll get one or 2 days of skiing in over the holidays!

Well, I am so proud of myself. I asked everyone what was being served on xmas eve, day and boxing day (which is xmas at dad's) and I planned out next week's journal. I tried to vary the points from day to day and I plan to spend 10 extra points on xmas day (and make up for it the rest of the days). I think if I stick to my journal I'll be OK over the holidays.

I was thinking I was eating at my low end all week (24) and then I realized I went down a category! I am in the 22-27 range. I totally forgot.

Well, I guess I am pretty much alone on the board today - I am in tomorrow too but then off for a week (yay!).

Later....
Old 12-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Hey Kim! 4 stories, holy cow- you were busy!! Are you off next week?
Old 12-19-2002, 02:43 PM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

We had a holiday party at work. I think I just ate all my points! Salad tonight for me!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:48 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Wow Kim, you sound busy. I am not, which is why I am spending my time surfing the internet and decorating myself. I now have a silver garland around my neck.
Belle - way to journal ahead. The new year is going to be when I go back to meetings. I just can't do it without them.
OK - they just gave me filing - later
KT
Old 12-19-2002, 03:01 PM   #9  

I am here! Not so busy either-guess all of the patients have gone away for the holidays! Belle-that is great that you have planned your holidays-I should do likewise...but I probably won't be able to overeat anyway due to the 'morning' sickness!

I'm thinking I'll wear my fun holiday stuff next week

Not much else is new-DH is wokring really long hours because he has a deadline...
I missed the end of the Amazing Race-so the whiny girl and her friend won? After they almost quit??? I wanted the brothers to win...she really annoyed me!

Lori
Old 12-19-2002, 04:18 PM   #10  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Is that it?? Only 4 more days....Oh no I still haven't gotten any stocking stuffers for dh...

UGH, I have been pretty busy and haven't been able to check in much. Went to weigh in last night and got my first 10% and I moved into the 170's! Very exciting for me. I am going to do it this time.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:19 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

I guess I deserved to have a really busy day ... the last 6 months, while wedding planning, I pretty much did the bare minimum at the job and not much more. But boy, was I tired! I still am. Today's been quieter, and we just had a "holiday social" (the company's substitute for bonuses), and I ate way too much because I didn't have lunch. So now I feel like a lug.

I also need to vent a little. Do you all have friends who brag about themselves constantly? Does it drive you bonkers? A college friend was complaining how she "only" got a 10 percent raise for next year and that her bonus was a little less than $5,000. I'm thinking ... WHAT? What is there to complain about? Now I realize, there is a higher cost of living in New York City, but I was really dumbfounded and didn't know how to react. I know I chose a career (journalism) that doesn't pay well, and for the most part I've accepted that I make less than my high school and college friends, but to complain over getting what I think is a lot? I got a 4 percent raise this year, and that was considered high! People are getting laid off left and right around the country. Meanwhile, she's always talking (well, emailing) about how she gets annoyed when the dry cleaning she sends out every week isn't delivered on time. She gets groceries delivered!

I realize she lives a different life, much different than mine. I like my quiet, no frills, shop-at-Target-and-Wal-Mart life. And I've always just taken her for what she is — herself. She's been a good friend. But this stunned me a little. Am I wrong to be taking this so personally?
Old 12-19-2002, 05:47 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hey Angie - Way to go! A new decade! you're doing great!
Kim - I know exactly what you're talking about. I just roll my eyes and sigh. If it really bothers you though, I suggest a nice general e-mail with a section about how lucky she is to be getting what she has when there are so many who are lucky to get a minimum wage job. Maybe she'll take a subtle hint.
Lori - I called Oh brother to win from the start so I was glad they made it to the final three at least but yeah, whine-o-rama, I wanted Zach to punch her in the face. Although after putting up with all of that, he deserves the half million. (ok that was a little catty but she really bothered me)
KT
Closed Thread